PvP Improvment

wolfs11

PvP Improvment

#1 » Post by wolfs11 » 29 Oct 2019 21:57

Hello everyone my name is Reney in game! As some of players have seen i am kinda pushing them for pvp, because i love it and its fun, but since is not active here on TrueWOW, i suggest for GMs to add some extra help for people so see that someone joined for RBG or Arena!
Specially for RGBs , would be nice if there was announcer like system message that shows how many people is already in que and how many is still needed to start battle ground! I hope you got what i mean! Sometimes it can get a bit spamy, but for beggining of pvp it can help, when there in general pvp will show up on server to stay, you can remove that announcing thingy!
You ask me why people will join here? I made some research all around WOTLK servers there is almost none left with real blizzlike feautures, so i am sure soon people will search for True wow with all blizzlike thingys, like in old days, atleast i do so i am sick of those all fun servers etc, i want to again experience true blizzlike WOTLK server!
I just want pvp to be good and active on this server! You know PVE sometimes can be time counsuming , so people who has hour or few could log on server and do atleast few BGs or Arenas would be nice!

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: PvP Improvment

#2 » Post by Axis » 29 Oct 2019 22:20

Moved to correct section.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

srelectrox

#3 » Post by srelectrox » 30 Oct 2019 09:50

+1
ImageImageImageImageImage
Freakylups . Darkstuff . Garrote . Jardas . Mercurium

bobsmyname
Donor

#4 » Post by bobsmyname » 30 Oct 2019 21:01

+1, include primal as well please
Trans Rights

Benedictus
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Benedictus » 30 Oct 2019 22:07

+1 from me, could help boost PvP and be an incentive for more people to que, this could be good for both PW and TW.

paroliak

#6 » Post by paroliak » 30 Oct 2019 22:56

+1 from me too!! Anything to give up a boost, especially now when some 80s are waiting, who didnt get in to the regular raids can 'wait' while pvp!!

IronSharona
Staff Member

#7 » Post by IronSharona » 05 Nov 2019 02:03

+1 from me logistically. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to get working. The people in queue message content is already triggered for the individual when they queue, so it should be simple to pass it to a public channel. If people end up feeling a server-wide message is too spammy, it could be moved to LFG channel or somewhere slightly less obtrusive. May actually reduce spam if individuals don't feel they need to frantically call for RBG every few moments when it seems one might pop :)

Given a lack of cons presented and all votes in favor so far, I'll move this to pending but leave the thread unlocked for further discussion if anyone disagrees but hasn't yet found this post.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#8 » Post by Dymond » 05 Nov 2019 13:36

+1 I think it is a great idea.
“Your mind is a garden , your thoughts are the seeds , you can grow flowers , or you can grow weeds”

loveable4

#9 » Post by loveable4 » 05 Nov 2019 20:24

IronSharona wrote:
05 Nov 2019 02:03
+1 from me logistically. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to get working. The people in queue message content is already triggered for the individual when they queue, so it should be simple to pass it to a public channel. If people end up feeling a server-wide message is too spammy, it could be moved to LFG channel or somewhere slightly less obtrusive. May actually reduce spam if individuals don't feel they need to frantically call for RBG every few moments when it seems one might pop :)

Given a lack of cons presented and all votes in favor so far, I'll move this to pending but leave the thread unlocked for further discussion if anyone disagrees but hasn't yet found this post.
+1
would be nice if it spwan whenever bg queue is missing only few players
ex:it spawn after +4 players already are in queue
]I dont play wow anymore , just walking around
Ghost

bobsmyname
Donor

#10 » Post by bobsmyname » 06 Nov 2019 15:15

loveable4 wrote:
05 Nov 2019 20:24
ex:it spawn after +4 players already are in queue
I'd say spawn after 3, so it can be applied to both realms (Primal not having RBG, only ever gets queue pops from 2v2 minimum BGs); without two different number codes
Trans Rights

Axis
Senior Game Master

#11 » Post by Axis » 06 Nov 2019 15:18

This suggestion has nothing to do with the amount of people that are required to start a BG.

The OP wants live notifications of how many people are in queue and whether more are needed.
We already have actual notifications that tell you how many are in queue and how many more are needed, but they're only visible when you, the player, join the queue yourself.

BG starting requirements were already changed long ago:
https://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=39405

Stay on topic.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.