Who do you feel are the "good" guys ?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Xaurog

Re: Who do you feel are the "good" guys ?

#16 » Post by Xaurog » 14 Jan 2011 21:57

Ambassador Grok

#17 » Post by Ambassador Grok » 15 Jan 2011 09:35

Garrosh's a douche. Everyone knows it. Thrall tried to stop him
Cheese... Got a problem with that?

Stryke

#18 » Post by Stryke » 15 Jan 2011 12:34

Garrosh is so dumb he'd wage war on water for it not being made out of orcs.
And Varian ain't much better.
Guild Leader of Maelstrom

SundayForever
Banned

#19 » Post by SundayForever » 22 Feb 2011 03:19

Varian hates orcs because he was a gladiator back then and Garrosh thins the alliance is full of cowards, but afterall the horde is worser than the alliance, because they are cutting down Ashenvale and destroying everything in their path.

Barskin

#20 » Post by Barskin » 22 Feb 2011 11:37

Horde and alliance aren't the bad guys at all. Every conflict between them was created by influence of the Burning Legion/Scourge. Both try to survive in the world, no bad guys IMO.

Boman

#21 » Post by Boman » 26 Feb 2011 14:56

IMO both sides are bad, couse if one was good and one bad, then the game would end, cause good always prevails( in the movies, cartoons, some songs...) and if both sides were good, then there would be no game in the first place, and there would be no expansions where they join forces cause... there would be no game in the first place...There for both sides are bad xD
Boman-lvl80 Blood Elf Hunter
Clash-lvl80 Draenei DeathKnight
Glacius-lvl80 Blood Elf Paladin

Universe
Banned

#22 » Post by Universe » 01 Mar 2011 22:22

Stryke wrote:Humans: Lich King, Dark Portal
Night Elves: The Sundering of Kalimdor
Dwarves: The Great Drinking (made this up ;) )
Gnomes: Playing with radiation backfires
Draenei: Planet Hopping goats

Orcs: Invasion of Azeroth (started by the Dark Portal opening by a...... a human called Medivh)
Trolls: Civil Wars be all. Attacked high-elves because elves took their land.
Tauren: Fighting the Centaurs... MOOing the lawn
Undead: Dead....but alive!!! Bent on revenge against the LK who is.... a human. Treated as monsters by their own "race" which was.... human
Blood Elves: Bent on revenge against... LK who destroyed Silvermoon. Magic Addicts... it was merely a setback.

Now... who looks like the bad guys? Kinda looks like those humans are don't ya think?
Every race is good and evil.. So yea
Universe Level 80 Human Rogue Mulitate - 16 days to go
Hordecore Level 62 Orc Shaman Enhancement - Outland Leveling

SplittingHeadach

#23 » Post by SplittingHeadach » 05 Mar 2011 01:52

Stryke wrote:Orcs: Invasion of Azeroth (started by the Dark Portal opening by a...... a human called Medivh)
Trolls: Civil Wars be all. Attacked high-elves because elves took their land.
Tauren: Fighting the Centaurs... MOOing the lawn
Undead: Dead....but alive!!! Bent on revenge against the LK who is.... a human. Treated as monsters by their own "race" which was.... human
Blood Elves: Bent on revenge against... LK who destroyed Silvermoon. Magic Addicts... it was merely a setback.

Now... who looks like the bad guys? Kinda looks like those humans are don't ya think?
1. Medivh was influenced by Sargearas. He fought it for some time before he finally succumbed to the might of the ex-titan. On the other hand, the orcs we're so easily corrupted. Ner'zhul, Gul'dan, Blackhand, and Grom Hellscream just to name a few of the orcs who willingly accepted darkness and went on a genocidal spree against the draenei in dreanor, then humans during the first war.
2. Trolls are barbarians who would eat your brains for dinner and your testicles for dessert.
3. Tauren... I have no beef against this race. :P
4. The lich king is actually made up of Arthas as well as Ner'zhul. The latter being an orc and was originally the one who devised the plot for the plague that ate Lordaeron and the intial scourge that waged war with several.
5. How would you feel if your dead ex girlfriend rose from the grave then suddenly made out with you? That's how most of the races feel when they see undead. Forsaken or otherwise.
6. The Blood Elves got their ass kicked by Arthas and the scourge back in the third war. They got their sunwell destroyed and delved into more corrupt sources of magic, even abducting and using a na'aru to simulate the light.

The only thing I see as a decidedly bad trait among the alliance is that they are not very fond of other races. But this is from a just apprehension standpoint on their part. I'd honestly say that I'd find myself hard pressed to trust some grotesque looking aliens from another world after they kill most of my friends and relatives.

Minime

#24 » Post by Minime » 17 Mar 2011 13:23

SundayForever wrote:Varian hates orcs because he was a gladiator back then and Garrosh thins the alliance is full of cowards, but afterall the horde is worser than the alliance, because they are cutting down Ashenvale and destroying everything in their path.
Man, Varian was a 10 year old boy, when his Father died, and Stormwind was burned by them!
Last edited by Minime on 11 Apr 2011 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
The dead serve again.

I'm no warrior neither am I a mage, a proud Battle-Mage I am.

demychaos

#25 » Post by demychaos » 09 Apr 2011 12:48

Almost all of them. If you know the story they have which brought them into the current situation, they don't have much choice, tough some of them are pure bastards, there is no saying in who is really the good guy.

Vaati
Banned

#26 » Post by Vaati » 30 Apr 2011 01:52

The fact that the Horde has "grotesque aliens" isn't an excuse for their hostility toward the Horde. To the Horde races, a human is a grotesque alien that killed THEIR friends and relatives. The Horde is full of diverse creatures including the Blood Elves which were originally Alliance, and therefore, have fought against the Horde. The Horde forgave the Blood Elves and welcomed them.

Additionally, most races in the Horde would be happy to end the war between the factions. The orcs might not be so happy but then again, Thrall, his advisor (not Garrosh), and another guy up in the ranks are doing their best to end the war.

Also, the argument about the Forsaken is.. semi-reasonable. Sure, humans would be scared as hell and want those dead... dead again. But, they have seen Undead before and, after learning that they have regained control over their own minds, should have accepted the Forsaken as friends rather than trying to kill them all. None of the Forsaken are trying to "make out" with their living counterparts. If you suddenly had a chance to speak to a dead relative who you loved, would you turn it down? If the Forsaken were only rejected at the beginning, it would be understandable, but by now the Alliance should be used to their existance and accepting. But they were not so kind. Instead, the Horde happily accepted them.
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

SplittingHeadach

#27 » Post by SplittingHeadach » 06 May 2011 04:08

The alliance(especially the humans) never wanted to kill the orcs because they we're aliens. The motive towards the killings were because the orcs attacked the humans of Stormwind and the dwarves of Ironforge during the first war, and then the humans of Lordaeron, Wildhammers of the Aerie Peak, and the elves of Quel'thalas during the second.

The alliance always just wanted to defend themselves and in the end the deaths of their loved ones and the destruction and abuse of their homelands has implanted a hatred in them for anything with green skin.

Aside from Thrall, Cairne(and Baine and all the tauren in general), and too some degree, Rehgar Earthfury, I see none of the leaders wanting to make amends with the alliance.

Finally, to my last point. Undeath is unnatural and when they were under the control of the LK, they killed and killed and killed. Death should be final. Reanimated beings tend to be spiteful towards the living. Note how Sylvanas acts to the living.

The alliance has and always will be justified to a point in their actions. The horde has no right to say that they are in the good.

TL;DR summary:
1. Orcs are barbarians.(see garrosh and friends)
2. Trolls are much like orcs.
3. Undead should release the dark magics that revolve around their being and go back to being dead.
4. Belfs are traitors.
5. Tauren, again, I have no beef. ^_^

Rehan

#28 » Post by Rehan » 08 Sep 2011 23:26

Zaplack

#29 » Post by Zaplack » 14 Nov 2011 19:06

thats gotta be the most insane lore vid ever :D
Zaplack 80 6k holy/5.5k retri
Rockafella 80 5.3k protpve/protpvp/armspvp
for the allaince!

huge huge huge hip-hop fan, and rapper
If i attack, there ain't no army that could strike back
I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death

Hussain

#30 » Post by Hussain » 20 Feb 2012 05:08

The real good guys are the paladins of any race as the still are keepers of the light and the bad guys are warlocks of any race as they are the demon summoner (this goes against the next forum about warlocks)