Who do you feel are the "good" guys ?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Rehan

Re: Who do you feel are the "good" guys ?

#46 » Post by Rehan » 23 Apr 2014 23:44

ThatFromageGuy wrote:This is true, the Horde did lust for power in the begining. However the Alliance never paid the Stonemasons who rebuilt Stormwind (By Onyxia/Lady Prestor) which created the Defias so each of Faction has their good and bad parts of history. Their are no "good" or "bad" people. There are only good and bad actions. Each side has countless amounts of both these actions and players have chosen their respective factions for reasons only true to themselves.
There is a pretty big difference between refusing to pay up the Stonemasons and going around randomly slaughtering villages and cities to the point where the bottom half of the Eastern Kingdom was occupied by the horde.

Sorry for the extremely late reply, been a while since I visited this topic and thought this post should be adressed.

innocentguy

#47 » Post by innocentguy » 24 Apr 2014 00:48

There's also a pretty big difference between the Horde that slaughtered villages and cities and the Horde that exists today =D

You mustn't forget how big of a 'scam' was pulled off by Sargeras and the strength of the bloodlust brought forth by Mannoroth's blood.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

alpakturk

#48 » Post by alpakturk » 25 Apr 2014 21:01

it was Kil'jaeden; not Sargeras, who chose the orcs and enticed Nerzhul by using the little weak point far deep inside the Elder Shaman of Draneor, getting the power and respect he secretly desired. Nerzhul later saw the manipulation with the help of the ancestors and tried to stop what he had just started. But it was too late; the grim and violent story of the very "first" Horde had begun. As a consequence, the genocide of Dranei and invasion of the Kingdom of Azeroth brought only pain and tears. Looking back and discussing "who did wrong?" brings nothing. As the Warchief said; "What happened, happened; my people must shoulder both the shame and the glories of our choises." What we !should! discuss is how we can avoid the same thing happen again. What we need to see is how we can protect our homeland from being razed again.

i can see you, gnashing with full of anger and hatred, because of the injustice you lived; but the only way to survive in this "cursed-with-life" world, is to forget the past and forgive the fault.

-with this mind, people of Night Elves, Humans and Orcs united and swung their weapons against the minions of the Legion, for the sake of all they lost.-

The sacrifices have been made...

Mythilogic

#49 » Post by Mythilogic » 18 May 2014 12:00

HORDE!

alpakturk

#50 » Post by alpakturk » 18 May 2014 19:11

Mythilogic wrote:HORDE!

lol, liked the simpleness xD

Arockalypse
Donor

#51 » Post by Arockalypse » 18 May 2014 23:32

Mythilogic wrote:HORDE!
Ever heard of Gul'dan?
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Dr. Who

#52 » Post by Dr. Who » 19 May 2014 02:11

hord and ally,they are both good. (<-- PS: at the current time line)
the only evil here is Kil'jaeden and Lich King.
when i say LK i dont mean Arthas, i wll explain why with this copy paste of the story i found online: "Taking up the cursed runeblade Frostmourne, Arthas became a death knight, under the control of the evil sword a new dominant personality awakes as Lich King to rule the Scourge ...........". ( i took only this part)

so the evil is not Arthas but the evil sword (well he was pretty bad ass but he add good intentions).

about Kil'jaeden i think i dont need to say nothing right? xD
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

alpakturk

#53 » Post by alpakturk » 19 May 2014 18:24

Dr. Who wrote: so the evil is not Arthas but the evil sword (well he was pretty bad ass but he add good intentions).

about Kil'jaeden i think i dont need to say nothing right? xD
sorry mate, but dont agree,

Arthas was more than a badass, he SLAUGHTERED the WHOLE Stratholme can u believe it ? He BURNED his OWN Navy, his stubbornness led the destruction of Lordaeron, Arthas (careful on here) made too much MISTAKES, he is the one who is responsible for the crimes in NorthEastern Kingdoms.

Kil'jaeden the Deceiver was once a pure Eredar, curious for knowledge. But one day, a titan called Sargeras offered an undeniable tender to him, endless power and eternal knowledge, exchange for his loyalty. Velen saw the trick and escaped, but Achimonde and Kil'jaeden became Sargeras' lieutenants. Sargeras was once The Defender of the Life and Protector of Pantheon, head of titans. Then he got corrupted and had a ill idea like "everything titans did is wrong, Titans are the source of chaos. To maintain order, i must DESTROY and rebuilt everything." and the created an army. Such and army that only leaves ashes behind. This army is called The Burning Legion, dedicated to perform Sargeras' orders at all cost. Kil'jaeden is now commanding it. He used Nerzhul to eradicate all resistance on Azeroth against the legion but his pawn turned against him.

Kiljaeden tortured Nerzhul in twisting nether endlessly and then imprisoned his soul to a sealed Throne, (as u know Frozen throne) and commited to give him a healthy body if he obeys his orders, but Nerzhul swayed Arthas' mind (it was arthas' fault) and gained Arthas' body; became the most powerful being ever in Azeroth. It is still a speculation that does arthas possess Nerzhul's power and rule the Scourge or did Nerzhul capture Arthas' body;

NOBODY is evil, everybody wants gratification and makes mistakes. regardless of the answer, scourge is the major threat and we all must focus this fight, if we want to live.

Nyeriah

#54 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 May 2014 20:06

And Sargeras was once a shiny nice guy, that became increasingly depressed by seeing the chaos and destruction wrought by all sorts of evil, which ended up on him losing his mind and descending into madness, blaming the titans themselves for the creation's failure and seeking to undo their work. Pretty much like somebody I used to know.

Blizzard's cliche of a "good guy that turns bad" seems to be getting old

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#55 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 19 May 2014 22:09

the good guys are the ones who provided us with a stable server to play on xD
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Anselmo
Former Staff

#56 » Post by Anselmo » 20 May 2014 01:31

This feels like exposition topic. Rather someone started talking about why and how something happened in depth than just talk about stuff you can read on wiki. =/

Corba

#57 » Post by Corba » 20 May 2014 10:51

All races were seeking for power. And to gain that power they all did a lot of bad things. It is not all Black & White, there is a lot of shades of Gray. They all were good but their ambition and bad choice made them evil. You cant watch History only from one angle.

Ppl from Horde say "Horde only fight for survival and that is not making them bad"
Ppl from Alliance say "Alliance only want to defend their land so they are good"

Both are right and both wrong.
Myalt
Corbas
Shmfmt