gg

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
.landgin

Re: gg

#16 » Post by .landgin » 08 Dec 2015 21:12

iamadp wrote:Hey guise <3
Hi Requack!

Quietly

#17 » Post by Quietly » 08 Dec 2015 21:49

Dunkelstein wrote:Only thing I have to say about Crimson and Murmur is that it's sad to hear this from former members or officers instead of getting an official statement from the guildmasters. That act itself says a lot about Kurthos and Ashlexia.

Warmane is just another 3.3.5a pserver and a bad one at that. They call it 'progressive' with vanilla and TBC stages but they didn't tune any of the content so you can 5man bugged versions of all the raid instances at lvl60. Malaco from Arena Tournament said that they won't be doing any work on the level 60 content.
PrimalWoW won't just die because you left either. This server is not about having a lot of players or making a lot of money through pay to win donations, it's about creating a true, progressive WoW experience. Heck, I would even call this server a tribute to WoW's better days.

I can understand everyone's point about having nothing to do on this server but that doesn't mean you just have to downright quit the server forever. You could check back once all of BWL is released or maybe even wait for naxx so you have a big chunk of content (BWL, AQ, naxx 40) to play at one time.
I guess my point is that even if you are quitting this server, you should keep an eye on it for your own sake. The concept of PrimalWoW is unique and you probably won't ever have a better chance to go through classic World of Warcraft all the way to the end of Wrath of the Lich King on one realm, one character, with the same people (unless you build a time machine).

By the time someone from the MoltenWoW staff manages to steal all the money and somehow even the servers again (still no idea how molten managed to lose their codes and scripts to the 'bad guy who went off with all their money') and that TBC server is boring the hell out of everyone, PrimalWoW will have gradually released more content and generated a much bigger population than what we see now.

Edit: Some typos.
Well put Dunkel, I know Sanctuary are small compared to VK/DTP but having moved here as a guild from another server we like it and plan on staying around and as always if DTP or yourselves need people to fill out the 40 man raids we are here to to help.

Q

Oatie

#18 » Post by Oatie » 08 Dec 2015 22:37

Dunkelstein wrote:That act itself says a lot about Kurthos and Ashlexia.
What, exactly? It would have been awfully narcissistic and shitty for either guild to make an "official statement" on the forums about leaving the server. So they didn't.

Deim

#19 » Post by Deim » 08 Dec 2015 23:00

"Official statement" I suggest also calling press conference, and make local radio audition about it...

And if that's not satisfying you Mr.Dunklestein how about making a television coverage of it ?
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

.Sabin

#20 » Post by .Sabin » 08 Dec 2015 23:27

Oatie wrote:It would have been awfully narcissistic and shitty for either guild to make an "official statement" on the forums about leaving the server.
That's a reasonable way to look it. On the other hand, knowing what people are unhappy about would help the community figure out what can be done to improve the server's situation.

gad777

#21 » Post by gad777 » 08 Dec 2015 23:36

Dunkel what can be improved ?? are u kidding me we have fucking went over and over and over this 10000 times. Fast track to tbc make server pvp and allow people to donate for levels, make it 3x rate. leveling is pointless. no1 wants to level 1xrate on server with 50 people.

I dont believe that the admins could be so delusional that primal could work in its current state, they just dont care about it ( they will start caring when it gets to wotlk and they will just merge with their other servers.

Whatever happens I know we will all meet again when corecraft launches. :)
Vast lvl 60 Undead Rogue

.aspirine101
Banned

#22 » Post by .aspirine101 » 09 Dec 2015 00:11

gad777 wrote: Whatever happens I know we will all meet again when corecraft launches. :)

2026 it is then.
Thorbjorn (master of xD)

Dunkelstein

#23 » Post by Dunkelstein » 09 Dec 2015 00:16

Oatie wrote:
What, exactly? It would have been awfully narcissistic and shitty for either guild to make an "official statement" on the forums about leaving the server. So they didn't.
A simple post on their recruitment page saying 'We quit' sounds narcissistic to you? How old are you?
Just to put this into perspective, you're ridiculing me for something like expecting a business to take down their job offers after they close up, or a friend saying goodbye before they leave to another country.
People here boast about how their guilds were an important part of this server's community and at the same time ask me how I could possibly expect a person who presents himself as a leader, recruiting new players right to the last hour before they decide to quit because they can't get enough players, to say a word before scramming?
Saying something when leaving, presenting good arguments for doing so or just explaining your point of view would make you more understandable, it would make you look like a good sport and would maybe even make you appear more sincere honorable or trustworthy, blah blah blah I could list dozens of other possitive effects on your image that outweigh the 'risk of appearing narcissistic' and yes, my own opinions are subject to bias and my predictions of social behaviour of other people from other countries with other backgrounds on the internet can sometimes go horribly wrong and at this point I am just making my text longer in order to make it harder for you trolls to argue with me without looking like idiots but the pragmatic point is:

People will no longer check the recruitment page, be happy to find a guild with raid times that fit them, make an account and desperately look for that guild only to find their dreams crushed (maybe there even are some guilds that don't switch to this server because they think there is too much competition PogChamp !)
At this point I'm not expecting anything like an excuse but please, refrain from providing false information on this forum that doesn't have any moderators to clean up after you. It's in your own interest when you're trying to appear like a rationally thinking, sincere, honest and considerate individual or guild.
Aka Funkelstein

.aspirine101
Banned

#24 » Post by .aspirine101 » 09 Dec 2015 00:22

guise its ok calm down let me release pdf and we rip serveur with expleits xDD
Thorbjorn (master of xD)

offheal

#25 » Post by offheal » 09 Dec 2015 00:34

Re: Many peeps handle it
Deim wrote:Image
/flex

greentea145

#26 » Post by greentea145 » 09 Dec 2015 01:57

Dunkelstein wrote:
Oatie wrote:
A simple post on their recruitment page saying 'We quit' sounds narcissistic to you? How old are you?
Just to put this into perspective, you're ridiculing me for something like expecting a business to take down their job offers after they close up, or a friend saying goodbye before they leave to another country.
People here boast about how their guilds were an important part of this server's community and at the same time ask me how I could possibly expect a person who presents himself as a leader, recruiting new players right to the last hour before they decide to quit because they can't get enough players, to say a word before scramming?
Saying something when leaving, presenting good arguments for doing so or just explaining your point of view would make you more understandable, it would make you look like a good sport and would maybe even make you appear more sincere honorable or trustworthy, blah blah blah I could list dozens of other possitive effects on your image that outweigh the 'risk of appearing narcissistic' and yes, my own opinions are subject to bias and my predictions of social behaviour of other people from other countries with other backgrounds on the internet can sometimes go horribly wrong and at this point I am just making my text longer in order to make it harder for you trolls to argue with me without looking like idiots but the pragmatic point is:

People will no longer check the recruitment page, be happy to find a guild with raid times that fit them, make an account and desperately look for that guild only to find their dreams crushed (maybe there even are some guilds that don't switch to this server because they think there is too much competition PogChamp !)
At this point I'm not expecting anything like an excuse but please, refrain from providing false information on this forum that doesn't have any moderators to clean up after you. It's in your own interest when you're trying to appear like a rationally thinking, sincere, honest and considerate individual or guild.
Stfu and mind your own business. Our prerogative is to do what we enjoy as a guild; not cater to a server we wish to not play on anymore. You have no right to dictate what or where we choose to play. See yourself out.

Dunkelstein

#27 » Post by Dunkelstein » 09 Dec 2015 03:15

greentea145 wrote:
Stfu and mind your own business.
I am.
greentea145 wrote: You have no right to dictate what or where we choose to play.
I'm not.
greentea145 wrote: See yourself out.
You and your guild have apparently seen themselves out, I'm staying for now, thank you very much.
Aka Funkelstein

DGProbe99

#28 » Post by DGProbe99 » 09 Dec 2015 04:30

Dunkelstein wrote:
Oatie wrote:

In all fairness, Crimson has never had a post on the primal forums for recruitment so making a post in it saying we quit is a bit hard :)

.kurthos

#29 » Post by .kurthos » 09 Dec 2015 06:14

Dunkelstein wrote:Only thing I have to say about Crimson and Murmur is that it's sad to hear this from former members or officers instead of getting an official statement from the guildmasters. That act itself says a lot about Kurthos and Ashlexia.

Warmane is just another 3.3.5a pserver and a bad one at that. They call it 'progressive' with vanilla and TBC stages but they didn't tune any of the content so you can 5man bugged versions of all the raid instances at lvl60. Malaco from Arena Tournament said that they won't be doing any work on the level 60 content.
PrimalWoW won't just die because you left either. This server is not about having a lot of players or making a lot of money through pay to win donations, it's about creating a true, progressive WoW experience. Heck, I would even call this server a tribute to WoW's better days.

I can understand everyone's point about having nothing to do on this server but that doesn't mean you just have to downright quit the server forever. You could check back once all of BWL is released or maybe even wait for naxx so you have a big chunk of content (BWL, AQ, naxx 40) to play at one time.
I guess my point is that even if you are quitting this server, you should keep an eye on it for your own sake. The concept of PrimalWoW is unique and you probably won't ever have a better chance to go through classic World of Warcraft all the way to the end of Wrath of the Lich King on one realm, one character, with the same people (unless you build a time machine).

By the time someone from the MoltenWoW staff manages to steal all the money and somehow even the servers again (still no idea how molten managed to lose their codes and scripts to the 'bad guy who went off with all their money') and that TBC server is boring the hell out of everyone, PrimalWoW will have gradually released more content and generated a much bigger population than what we see now.

Edit: Some typos.
If I had made a post talking about my guild leaving and the reasons why, which only very few of you understand, I felt that it would hurt the server more than leaving quietly. This server has had enough toxic forum drama which acts as a scarecrow for those seeking a new home; why feed it even more?

The truth is I will be unable to run a guild in the near future due to a work change. I will be working far more than I have in the past. I gave my officers the option to move if they felt it was better for us as a guild. They voted 7 to 2 in favor of moving. So, as you can see the main reason is a lot more personal than you realize.

Secondary reasons can be seen by the server: lack of content, lack of transparency from server admins, lack of viable recruits ( we went from 300 members on November 1 to 210 on Dec 1 ). We all feel this in varying degrees.

The amount of work I've put into the server should and can be carried on by someone who still has the time and desire to do so.

As far as I'm concerned the timing for our decision was as good as it could have been. We cleared the three bosses in BWL and moved the next day. For me to even show up to that BWL I had to sacrifice time I wanted to spend with my family (whom I haven't seen since 2014) and take a 5 am train back to my apartment to lead the raid. I'm just trying to put into perspective that I care a lot about this server and the people playing here, but I feel that there's nothing more I can do as a single person for this server.

Merelleya

#30 » Post by Merelleya » 09 Dec 2015 07:29

For what it's worth, Kurthos, I wish you well, personally and game-wise.

It is sad to see you go, as it is sad to see all those people go.

Thank you for the time spent here and for not making any unnecessary drama. I hope Murmur manages to stay together as a guild and you have tons and tons more hours of gaming fun wherever that may be.

Fel.