transmog discussion

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
User avatar
Dr. Who
Posts: 795
Joined: 15 Jun 2010 19:14
Location: Portugal

transmog discussion

#1 » Post by Dr. Who » 01 May 2016 17:24

since all other Transmog Topics were closed so suddenly.
this way is General Discussion we can arguing about this matter with out it be closed of riped off.
will be a debate Topic.
lets join all other topics in this one.


so me start with this. 8-)
demonlord wrote:this server used to be different then most others out there. we are now going to change and become more like the other servers out there (more funserver related) I think this server stood out as being as close to blizlike as posible but i guess we crossed the line some time ago and went mainstream now
i would like to call this: change with what the new times demand.
we were allwais the most blizzlike possible and maybe (i will say it again "MAYBE" ) that's why we allwais had a so small community.
if i can play the expansion i liked most with the good things the new expansions brought that's would be Perfect. :tick:
and truewow is going even more far that what i expected, they are giving people what they want with out going to far at same time, since you can choose if you want the Blizzlike "thing" you can just turning the (transmog off) or keep it off since the option comes as off by default.
we are going to the way of fun server's like you said but on my way of see it we are a Fun/Blizzlike server. :D
2 for the prise of 1. this way we can please 2 community's at same time.

about Legendarys and White as transmog on my opinion, why not... not blizzlike... who cares... you dont like it... dont use it, you only use it if you want since we have a option ON / OFF for it, this way you will not even see who's using it and keep the blizzlikeness you love so mutch.

PS for Staff: you have no reason to close or delete the Topic since is just a debate where every one can express what they think and you dont even need to reply the comments if you dont want, and if you close you are been just rude and as "Staff" you must not be rude because the client allwais comes 1º. ( payed staff or not that doesnt mater, in my country we have a say: both are thief, the one who enters the bank as one that is in the car waiting )
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

User avatar
Wilcox
Posts: 1587
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 13:37
Location: Kebabland

Re: transmog discussion

#2 » Post by Wilcox » 01 May 2016 17:31

i want to drop my 2 cents peacefully before anything unexpected happens to this topic.


--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too

if you're unable to turn those off and go on with your life, I'm sorry but that means you have psychological problems in medical literature. why does everyone want to ruin the fun for each other? the majority of the server ENJOYED being able to change the LOOKS of their items, and some whiny bits took that AWAY from the MAJORITY of the server. is this truly fair? i think not

User avatar
Hansrutger
Former Staff
Posts: 1052
Joined: 10 Apr 2013 14:17

Re: transmog discussion

#3 » Post by Hansrutger » 01 May 2016 17:52

Wilcox wrote:--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too
Wilcox wrote:--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too
Wilcox wrote:--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too
Wilcox wrote:--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too
Wilcox wrote:--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too
Wilcox wrote:--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too
Wilcox wrote:--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too
Wilcox wrote:--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too
Because quoting it once was not enough. I do not understand what the freaking problem is with people. You get literally best of both worlds and YET you are complaining. You even get it set to off by default like wtf is the problem with people... -.-' I'd even be up for adding flying green dragons attacking Dalaran if there was an off-switch of it and set to off by default. Like who the hell cares...

Pros of having transmog with default set to no:
- You get more vanilla, tbc and even Naxxramas raids.
- You get the majority of players in the community happy.
- People by option can choose to look more unique.
- People by option can still look the same.

Cons of having transmog with default set to no:
- You get more people looking for players doing raids (aka more activity in LFG chat). Buhoooo.
- You get pissed because others get what they want whilst you also get what you want. Oh wait... :D
- Hmm nope can't come up with anything else. BECAUSE THERE IS A OFF SWITCH. Ffs
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

User avatar
Regent
Tester
Posts: 358
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 16:11

Re: transmog discussion

#4 » Post by Regent » 01 May 2016 17:56

Wilcox wrote:i want to drop my 2 cents peacefully before anything unexpected happens to this topic.


--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too

if you're unable to turn those off and go on with your life, I'm sorry but that means you have psychological problems in medical literature. why does everyone want to ruin the fun for each other? the majority of the server ENJOYED being able to change the LOOKS of their items, and some whiny bits took that AWAY from the MAJORITY of the server. is this truly fair? i think not
Quoted for emphasis and truth. Could not have said it better myself.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt

User avatar
nikkal
Donor
Posts: 53
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 09:17

Re: transmog discussion

#5 » Post by nikkal » 01 May 2016 18:19

I don't want to quote and report is again, it's clearly seen already. If ppl have problem with it, turn it off. make general announcement how to turn it on/off. No idea what's the big deal. You complain over something you don't have to look at. If you got problem with more ppl running tbc runs, you got some serious problem...

User avatar
Wilcox
Posts: 1587
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 13:37
Location: Kebabland

Re: transmog discussion

#6 » Post by Wilcox » 01 May 2016 18:30

and I forgot to say, but

additionally, it's not necessarily non-blizzlike. you make it non-blizzlike by enabling transmogrification. you make it blizzlike by disabling it. so if you want a blizzlike truewow, disable it and shut the fuck up

User avatar
Folkk
Posts: 289
Joined: 10 Sep 2012 16:01
Location: Shadows of the Night

Re: transmog discussion

#7 » Post by Folkk » 01 May 2016 18:37

Wilcox wrote:i want to drop my 2 cents peacefully before anything unexpected happens to this topic.


--> if transmogrification disturbs you, turn it off by all means
--> if legendary transmogrification disturbs you, turn that off too

if you're unable to turn those off and go on with your life, I'm sorry but that means you have psychological problems in medical literature. why does everyone want to ruin the fun for each other? the majority of the server ENJOYED being able to change the LOOKS of their items, and some whiny bits took that AWAY from the MAJORITY of the server. is this truly fair? i think not
This. Last forum count was 48-yes 17-no. It's always a small vocal minority that ruins things. I might have made it even worse by trying to reason with them. Sorry everyone...
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

User avatar
Masadi
Posts: 12
Joined: 21 Apr 2016 19:38

Re: transmog discussion

#8 » Post by Masadi » 01 May 2016 19:36

I agree with that, don't understand why people don't want OPTIONAL content added when they can turn it off. >_>

Is transmogrify working on primal wow?

If so, how do you transmogrify?

User avatar
Psychotic
Posts: 313
Joined: 02 Jul 2013 18:30

Re: transmog discussion

#9 » Post by Psychotic » 01 May 2016 19:46

This entire server is starting to feel like a special snowflake convention.

User avatar
Hansrutger
Former Staff
Posts: 1052
Joined: 10 Apr 2013 14:17

Re: transmog discussion

#10 » Post by Hansrutger » 01 May 2016 20:11

Masadi wrote:I agree with that, don't understand why people don't want OPTIONAL content added when they can turn it off. >_>

Is transmogrify working on primal wow?

If so, how do you transmogrify?
Not to change topic subject but if it was enabled on PW it would have to be a bit later since it's still on vanilla content. People would maybe start "needing" on items that people still would find very good to use you know. Just saying though might be different idk.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

User avatar
Masadi
Posts: 12
Joined: 21 Apr 2016 19:38

Re: transmog discussion

#11 » Post by Masadi » 01 May 2016 20:22

Hansrutger wrote:
Masadi wrote:I agree with that, don't understand why people don't want OPTIONAL content added when they can turn it off. >_>

Is transmogrify working on primal wow?

If so, how do you transmogrify?
Not to change topic subject but if it was enabled on PW it would have to be a bit later since it's still on vanilla content. People would maybe start "needing" on items that people still would find very good to use you know. Just saying though might be different idk.
That was transmog runs are for, I would love for my pally or warrior to have Scarlet set as there transmog set, if someone needs on a item for transmog, 9 times out of 10 they would be kicked, need before greed.

Sorry for going off topic.

I really don't understand why people are so anti to non-blizz stuff, Transmog is one of the best things blizzard ever added, yes it wasn't there in vanilla/tbc/wotLK retail era but who cares, were all meant to enjoy this game, if the option to turn transmogs on or off is there, there is no reason to argue about it.

User avatar
mcheka
Posts: 646
Joined: 20 Dec 2013 16:26

Re: transmog discussion

#12 » Post by mcheka » 02 May 2016 03:59

We already have transmog now, which is not Blizzlike in 3.3.5, but it's completely optional, and it's been implemented in a really nice an unobtrusive way on TrueWoW.

Why would it matter that we have some extra transmog rules that aren't allowed on retail (and, Cata vs. MoP vs. WoD vs. our own custom transmog rules is an arbitrary choice anyway)? They can be turned off anyway.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

User avatar
Longi
Posts: 760
Joined: 07 Jan 2014 11:14
Location: Cenarion Hold

Re: transmog discussion

#13 » Post by Longi » 02 May 2016 05:26

give people the opportunity and they will require everything

Transmog is great and with option to turn it off it is even more awesome. - this is what we have better than Blizzard because not everyone likes it
Each type of player can get well experience with gameplay. Its simple...
  • If you dont like it - you can turn it off... well its turned off
  • If you want to have more customization in the game - turn it on
To be honest .... blizzard lost imagination with gear design, in each expansion set look worse ( Its my point of view like druid´s set look)
In my opinion in MMO games is customization one of the most important thing, You want to create own character which will be different, unique. Wotlk is based on army style because of war with The Lich king, but its meh. I dont want to look like another 300 players. I want to have my own style. ( mby some players will say " Look at him, he looks great .. i want it too .. who knows. but shoo its my style :D )

For me Blizzlike means : Raids and game mechanics are as close to it as it was in vanilla / TBC / Wotlk times on official servers ... So If I see bosses, quests, pvp zones or events working on 90%+ , its blizzlike + I can look unique ... just take my money ! :D

Blizzard did a lot mistakes in last few years, but to my suprise they had few good ideas too and Transmog is one of them


Image



User avatar
Nyeriah

Re: transmog discussion

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 May 2016 06:10

Okay, so here is the thing.

We're all friends here, in one way or another. Some I know for a long while, and others not as much. Regardless, I have listened and respected the opinions of all of you, so I hope now you respect mine when I say some things that have been said today were quite disappointing.

So let's start with Koriachi's statements from earlier today, which eventually led to others joining in the discussion at the "Loosening the Transmog Restrictions" suggestion thread.
Koriachi wrote:Ever since this was implemented, demands keep on going, players already want free gear to vendors and shop and items that you shouldn't be able to transmog be added to the list so it doesn't matter anymore what will change regarding this feature so why not? We can just have it disabled by command the moment we don't like it.

I was OK with this feature even if I am not using it currently and not sure if I will but as expected players will only want more and with every small change the server will become more custom/fun compared to the blizzlike experience players signed on for when they started playing here.
1) Nobody has demanded free gear to be added to any shop.
  • The community had one problem at hand - by popular demand, they wished the old, and no longer available, Tier 3 to once again be available. It was expressed in the Tier 3 suggestion thread. The easiest way to get it done would be adding it to a vendor so it's understandable that the community would be vouching for that. However, the staff has voiced themselves against it, with I being one of the ones that does not believe that vendor cluttering is the answer to the problem.

    Since the players at PrimalWoW will eventually have access to this gear, it sounds more than reasonable for me that the players at TrueWoW also have means to acquire it. However, in no way I believe that it should be simply given away as it is at a shop or in-game vendor. There must be a way to equal it to the effort that would be put by Primal players on acquiring it, so it remains fair to both sides.

    I have in the first moment thought of adding it as a reward for participating in the Scourge Invasion event, albeit I now believe that wouldn't quite be enough. So I thought of something else, both encouraging players to do old things once again and less harmful to the Blizzlike perspective: Naxxramas challenges!

    Players would be rolling a dice (RGN based system) each week in order for them go get a chance of retrieving a piece of the tier for their respective class. In order to unlock this weekly roll, they'd first need to clear Naxxramas in either difficulty (plus any other condition, haven't thought of it carefully). The roll would have a chance of failing, in that case a small compensation of 100g would be given (or any other compensation). Otherwise, tier pieces would have equal chance of dropping. Once one piece is acquired, it no longer "drops". To claim that "reward", there would be a web interface.

    However, this would still not be "blizzlike".
2) The Slippery Slope fallacy.
  • Here you really, even if unawarely, introduce something quite dangerous: the slippery slope fallacy. It's dangerous - you might wonder why - because others tend to follow it, but we'll address this specifically at a later moment.

    Let's first focus on what we have at hand. So, from your point of view, we shouldn't add anything new to the Transmogrification system because it would cause people to make more and more demands. This raises few questions on whoever analyses what you say from a logic point of view:
    • 1 ) How are you sure of it?
      2 ) Why is it necessarily a bad thing that more changes will be demanded?
      3 ) Would a change be considered a slip in the slope even if it's a quality of life improvement?
      4 ) You said you're not using it. Why is something that you don't use, and you're not forced to use in any way, detrimental to your Blizzlike experience, judging the fact it can (as others have said) be completely ignored?
    You mention that "there's a command to just disable it if you don't like it anyway" in a detrimental way, as if more "custom" changes would be shoehorned by commands that just hide them. Well, where does such assumption even come from? And - resuming the questions aforementioned - why would that necessarily be a bad thing? Because something is, by your definition, custom, it doesn't default it as detrimental.

    Quite the opposite: these commands were made specifically to ensure the "blizzlike" experience everybody enjoyed and signed for is preserved in it's full extent. We cared for that, we ensured that. At first NPCs were visible to others, so I even went made them only visible to people who has it enabled. As others have mentioned, unless you've been following the forums or seen someone mention it at world channels, you'll most likely never come across this feature - we are not even advertising it (which to many is considered a real shame).

    You tell us you think it'll just get worse with more custom demands and these demands will be detrimental to the "blizzlike" experience people signed up but you fail to present a logical reason to make those who read you believe that. So your entire argument ends up based on that statement.
And then there comes Sevi and pictures it in bright blue:
demonlord wrote:It starts to feel like a downward spiral indeed, small custom changes are added alot lately soon you can remove the blizzlike from our description of the server, even if its just visual, why not change barrens to cata barrens, it looks cooler and its just visual etc.
I once made a joke with Matsy when these discussions started. He might even have got mad at that, but I really didn't mean much harm. Basically, I asked if the situation could get even more dramatic and satirised it by saying "Oh no! What's next, Godzilla striking the town?". Because it's really hard to conceive how easy it is for people to accept that, in their opinion, if X change is bad, then everything resulting from it will also be bad and any other changes should be seen through the same scope.

What I tried to say when I made that unfortunate comment that day got pretty clear on Demonlord's comment. Suddenly, we are on a "downward spiral" and "changing Barrens to Cataclysm Barrens" gains any relevance to the matter being discussed. Just check the definition the site I've linked before gives as an example for this fallacy I'm talking so much about:
Example: Colin Closet asserts that if we allow same-sex couples to marry, then the next thing we know we'll be allowing people to marry their parents, their cars and even monkeys.
In that sense, yes. After allowing legendary items to be transmogrified optionally, then yes, definitely, the next thing we'll be doing is changing The Barrens to Cataclysm's The Barrens. I know some people aren't used to forums, but is this really the best you guys could come up with?

Now we are back at Kori again:
Koriachi wrote:Did you think that maybe some people would like this feature without more custom stuff being implemented as it was discussed initially? But hey you need to please the majority of the community who want free items in the shop and all items to be available in the tramsmog list with a pretext that if others don't like it they can just quit using it and move on.
  • 1 ) Did you think that maybe some people WOULD like this feature to have more assets?
    2 ) Also, are you aware that those who wish to just use the feature without any further "custom" stuff can still do so?
    3 ) I think that the pretext that if people don't like something that they are not forced to use anyway and can completely ignore is a quite good one to just move on. After all, returning yet again at what was said previously, how is something that you will literaly never come across unless you wish to affect your gaming experience in any way?
    4 ) This would also reassure something already said, but nobody at any moment mentioned free items at any shop (and now this time quite clear and resolute about it). It was never suggested that free items should be added to any shop.
Funny thing is, we came from a server that had a huge Murloc costume at Underbelly, and a hut with completely random npcs called Zuzu, Bubu and Tutu parked at Antonidas Square. And somehow a feature that is out of the reach of your eyes (and you evidently don't use) so sore to you?

About this:
Matsy wrote:Not really you are just refusing to see the issue the same as others.
Once we start adding features that don't even exist it starts a downward spiral of "fun server" shit getting added.
Don't matter that you can toggle it off, it shouldn't be there.
Transmog itself is all fine and dandy, blizzard added it so its fair game, but adding things that blizzard didn't even add is going too far.
  • 1 ) You're also refusing to see things the way the others see it. And in the end, it just comes down to a matter of opinion anyway. What is "detrimental" to some, isn't to others. The same way what is "blizzlike" and what's not "blizzlike" is quite suggestive.
    2 ) More slippery slope talks. Features that don't even exist and are completely optional, so even that you wouldn't even know they were there. How can you assume more "fun server" shit will be implemented, and how can you judge the changes that by any luck end up happening to our server as "fun server" shit?
    3 ) What can be considered as going too far? We've lots of things that blizzard didn't have, and they're all taking place to, in some way, attempt to provide a better gaming experience. How is something, that in no way affects the game play or the experience that is provided (judging you can pretty much obliviate it as you wish) be going too far?
mcheka wrote:I was probably the most vocal opponents of transmog in the original thread.

I wasn't the first, nor the only one to point out the dangerous precedent it would set.

The damage was already done the second TrueWoW added transmog. I hate to be the guy who said "I told you so", but of course people will be making more and more custom demands. And why not? We are now a custom server already, so it makes perfect sense. The floodgates were opened, and the storm has arrived.

Given that we're already in custom territory by having transmog in wotlk, it's silly and hypocritical to argue about which arbitrary set of "future Blizzlike" rules we should allow, instead of our own community-driven arbitrary set of rules. So, anyone with a +1 to the original proposal should logically only be a +1 here. Not a +1? Then you're just picking and choosing which custom content we should have, and which we shouldn't. Either get rid of the whole transmog system, or go all-in.
I don't see any storm going on. I don't see any floodgates open. I see people making suggestions - everyone has the rights to do them. The fact things are being suggested, doesn't mean they'll be accepted, or even be accepted as they are. Some things are reasonable enough and to these we might try to find also reasonable ways to make them happen, which again are also subject to discussion.

I agree that the what's blizzlike and what's not blizzlike argument support quite falls to the ground due to several reasons. If not because, as said before, it's suggestive and limited by each individual's perspective of things, but because the implementation of it in essence isn't blizzlike.

Whatsmore, there were several other changes to the transmogrification feature that were suggested but seeing how unwelcome anything new is, they'll likely never leave the paper. These are examples of the improvements there were planned that I can think of from the top of my mind:
  • 1 ) Don't require items to be in your bags to transmogrify them (blizzlike, wod or whatever).
    2 ) Once used to transmogrify once, you'd not need to keep the item on the character anymore, it would be permanently stored and usable for transmogrification at any time. This comes in with Legion, and in fact, we wouldn't implement it the exact way retail does. For example retail will make it account wide, and saved when items are acquired. We would work around that to maintain the activity incentive. Might even replace #1, but it's a long term change.
    3 ) Allow cross item type if it works properly (blizzlike).
    4 ) Vaguely suggested: allow retrieving destroyed/lost quest rewards once.
This however isn't the first time someone tries to bring in something new to the server and gets frowned upon based on prejudice (no, I won't mention prodigy's box). But look at Bottle and his events. People complained so much at how "unblizzlike" events were, didn't give a damn to any of his projects and to top it claimed we were trying to turn TrueWoW into some other realm name here, with, by their words, "retarded find the GM events". Which in fact, was quite frivolous - just look how successful the events ran by the COMMUNITY at PrimalWoW are. We, however, decided to step back and pull ourselves away entirely from the idea of running any events. Etro had in mind a thing or two (for PrimalWoW) but his time drifted away or he lost interest, perhaps both.

So well...

It was never the idea of this feature to start an uprising or leave part of our community disgruntled. In fact, I was (and I think we were) quite happy that both sides found a common ground. So to prevent further discussions of such nature, I went ahead today and rejected all of the suggestions regarding this (and I'll probably be rejecting all the new ones, unless something extreme makes me change my mind, which is doubtful to happen).

Also for the record (since apparently it was a big deal that I didn't make up a voting for the subfeature before adding it) it looks like that my senses of what the community may like were still functioning properly, up from this moment at least: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 77#p381477

User avatar
Regent
Tester
Posts: 358
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 16:11

Re: transmog discussion

#15 » Post by Regent » 02 May 2016 06:35

People will argue for the sake of arguing. It's just human nature.
I suggest just leaving it how it is at the moment (normal mogs + added statless items + legendaries + whole thing off by default unless you turn it on with commands).
And then draw the line there.
If anyone has a problem with it, too bad. Nobody forced to type in the command to enable mogs in the first place. If they have a problem with it after willingly enabling it themselves, I can tell you right now that the problem isn't the feature itself but rather the sanity (or lack thereof) of the person having said problem.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests