"When the realms merge"?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Grashopa

"When the realms merge"?

#1 » Post by Grashopa » 31 May 2016 14:35

"When the realms merge". I read this statement for the first time this morning. Is this something that has been announced and is going to happen?

Also, in trying to research this further I found a thread about changing primal wow to PVP. I hope that this never happens, whether it be due to refugee outcry or a server merge. There are very few quality PVE options and primal is the perfect realm for me.

Just wondering if I missed something?

Fastor

Re: "When the realms merge"?

#2 » Post by Fastor » 31 May 2016 14:43

2019 when Ruby Sanctum gets open on Primal. Merge is scheduled to be when both realms offer equal stuff so instead having split population to make it one.

Grashopa

#3 » Post by Grashopa » 31 May 2016 14:52

This is unfortunate, I really have no desire to PVP (mostly due to having satellite internet, I am constantly at a half second disadvantage due to being limited by the speed of light). But by then I should have real high speed internet. Also I could care less about RS, so I could just quit at that point.

I am thankful that it wasn't something coming in the near future.

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 31 May 2016 15:03

Grashopa wrote:This is unfortunate, I really have no desire to PVP (mostly due to having satellite internet, I am constantly at a half second disadvantage due to being limited by the speed of light). But by then I should have real high speed internet. Also I could care less about RS, so I could just quit at that point.

I am thankful that it wasn't something coming in the near future.
The only difference between a PvP and a PvE server is that you should get flagged in contested zones (like Stranglethorn Vale). No need to worry about "having to PvP". Either way it's a long time until then, as you say.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Hansrutger » 31 May 2016 15:26

Not this bullshit again...

All due respect mister Gräshopa, but I believe there is very very very very very very very freaking little to worry about in a PvP realm. Especially in 3.3.5 content. Why? Guess why. You will be sitting in Dalaran doing nothing anyways. :D You will get summoned directly into the raid like half of the lazy shit players do anyways (not saying you are lazy by the way).

So again what will happen is that you will have to do this in 3.3.5 content raids:
Ulduar -> You will fly through half Storm Peaks with your own mount and the freaking portal into the raid is so big, there should be 0 players from opposite faction being able to even see you enter...
ToC -> Fly over scourge ground with your mount or take the flightpath. And when you arrive to the raid it's a SANCTUARY! Meaning 0 PvP may happen just like in Dalaran. :D
ICC -> Every freaking class have these abilities called "defensives". Learn to use them toward players! Only time you MIGHT struggle to get inside ICC is if other faction is wiping so hard inside they cannot enter themselves and they get bored. This means there might be very little PvP happening, at the end of your journey to ICC.
RS -> The portal is big enough to freaking enter without anyone interrupting you, and the guards will "protect" you there. If you get attacked they will attack the others. So it ez safeeeee.

In conclusion. Getting your ass to the raids stated above (except Naxx because trust me you won't be doing Naxx in 3.3.5 content and if you do there is 1% chance you will even see another horde there :D), this is what has been concluded:
Ulduar is rated very safe \o/ :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick:
ToC is rated very safe \o/ :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick:
ICC is rated quite safe o/ :tick: :tick: :tick:
RS is rated very safe \o/ :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick:

So I ask people to stop the crying of this, because it is only a very very very tiny little freaking difference between PvP and PvE realms in WotLK, in 3.3.5 content release. And due to the low population on the server; farming mines, herbs and skinning poor animals will not make people kill you because they most likely are not even there! Sadly that's just how it is. On a lower population PvP realm it just feels like PvE for that specific reason.

Once again in conclusion -> Nothing to worry about mister Gräshoppa! :tick: \o/ :tick:
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#6 » Post by Errorista » 31 May 2016 16:36

I can confirm that most (if not all) my alts got their first "Honorable kill" infront of ICC. This is small populated server so chance you will get attacked is extremely low. You have to actually look for some PvP rather than avoiding it, trust me :D

Grashopa

#7 » Post by Grashopa » 31 May 2016 16:47

I would rather just not have to deal with it. But I can see why there are so many PVP realms and so little PVE, you guys are very vocal.

I know there are plenty of players that would prefer to play PVE but are on PVP servers just becausenough there are hadn't ant PVE servers to choose from. I don't understand why 95% of the servers being PVP isn't already enough.

Mods this thread can probably be closed. I got the answer for my original question.

mcheka

#8 » Post by mcheka » 31 May 2016 16:57

This is so far into the future that in all likelihood, you won't be playing here by then, regardless of PvE or PvP mode. Who knows if the servers will even exist by then.

This is probably a solvable issue by having a PvE/PvE account flag set much in the way you can select an expansion in your account such as TBC, which won't give you access to the WotLK zones.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

jefflove

#9 » Post by jefflove » 21 Jun 2016 23:48

Not this BS again.
One of the best things about PW is the fact it's PVE. Many people play on PW because it is PVE. If you want to PVP on a PVE server you can, and you can also remain un-flagged on a PVE server and not have to deal with someone ruining your experience.

Glonz

#10 » Post by Glonz » 22 Jun 2016 00:41

Why revive a month old forum topic about something that you probably misread? It won't concern you for the next 4+ years.

Grashopa

#11 » Post by Grashopa » 22 Jun 2016 15:05

Whoa! I know a Jeff Love in real life... but he doesnt game. Weird.

Eronox
Honorary Member

#12 » Post by Eronox » 22 Jun 2016 21:38

Errorista wrote:I can confirm that most (if not all) my alts got their first "Honorable kill" infront of ICC. This is small populated server so chance you will get attacked is extremely low. You have to actually look for some PvP rather than avoiding it, trust me :D
Maybe not honorable kill, but definitely /hug

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Fastor

#13 » Post by Fastor » 22 Jun 2016 22:00

Eronox wrote:
Errorista wrote:I can confirm that most (if not all) my alts got their first "Honorable kill" infront of ICC. This is small populated server so chance you will get attacked is extremely low. You have to actually look for some PvP rather than avoiding it, trust me :D
Maybe not honorable kill, but definitely /hug
My hug/attacked ratio is not good :(