Auction House posting cost is too high

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Nymesis
Donor

Auction House posting cost is too high

#1 » Post by Nymesis » 24 Jul 2016 20:57

First I would like to say that I do think its really cool that all the auction houses are linked on this server - its awesome and I definitely agree with the idea of having it set up this way and keeping it that way, too. However - I would like to ask if anything could be done about the cost of using the darn thing? The charge for posting an auction is 3 times what it would be on the normal setup - this makes posting a highly valuable item for sale a much larger risk. I have things I'd like to use the AH for that its charging 5-10G to post just for 12 hours, longer gets real crazy expensive. There is no guarantee my items are going to sell the first time I post them - quite often it takes about half a dozen postings before some items will sell.... So - could we please - if at all possible - reduce that expense? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Grashopa

Re: Auction House posting cost is too high

#2 » Post by Grashopa » 24 Jul 2016 21:18

I am pretty sure that despite what value shows up in the auction window, all auctions actually only cost 1s.

Jiranthos
Admin

#3 » Post by Jiranthos » 24 Jul 2016 23:54

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ce#p120319

What I could find with a quick search.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Grashopa

#4 » Post by Grashopa » 25 Jul 2016 06:22

I guess i am mistaken. I read somewhere it was 1s to help the non-existent economy. So is the number that showes up in the auction window real? If so i have been losing $$$ listing my items... shit.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#5 » Post by Errorista » 25 Jul 2016 09:29

Grashopa wrote:I am pretty sure that despite what value shows up in the auction window, all auctions actually only cost 1s.
Its 1s if item you want to sell have actual zero value from vendor (like enchanting mats)

mcheka

#6 » Post by mcheka » 25 Jul 2016 16:23

It's not 1s, but the deducted gold is 10% of the listed price in the AH.

The numbers seem big because they are the numbers for the neutral AH, even when you go to the alliance/horde AH. This is the "trick" used so that we have a crossfaction AH. The neutral AH cost 3x as much as the normal one in retail, hence the large prices you see. I think those calculations are done client-side so there's nothing the server can do about them. However, the actual price is only 10% of the listed price, and in fact only 30% of the price that "should" be taken in WotLK.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Bloodshade

#7 » Post by Bloodshade » 16 Aug 2016 18:29

The AH posting prices are 10 times less than the price you see. If it says it 50 gold then it's 5. Also cuts are 1.5% instead of 15%. I'm absolutely sure of this, at least for Truewow realm.
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage