The Lich King

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: The Lich King

#16 » Post by Hansrutger » 07 Sep 2015 11:49

Fu Kori!!! QQ Palamaster != Paladinus!!! (that guy is awesome but I'm not him D: )

Gnurg don't get me wrong. If Lich King was a religion and one group would say that dpsing valkyr is the saviour and another group would say skipping valkyrs is the saviour, I'd go with the one saying dpsing and CCing valkyrs. I'm all in for that. But it's not just something that could happen for some time. So if we have yet another "core update" (if you guys remember lots of players made fun of that 'fix' on valkyrs which made them not CCable but also made them faster etc) then please do include fixes like I stated above of a whole 100% category not just a fix of 50%.

@benzviliran: lawl sorry D:

@gnurg's new post: well it's the same way around. Why can't you do the little task of asking why people don't DPS the val'kyrs to know? :D You can look at one thing from at least two point of views. :P
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Koriach

#17 » Post by Koriach » 07 Sep 2015 11:54

Hansrutger wrote:Fu Kori!!! QQ Palamaster != Paladinus!!! (that guy is awesome but I'm not him D: )

Gnurg don't get me wrong. If Lich King was a religion and one group would say that dpsing valkyr is the saviour and another group would say skipping valkyrs is the saviour, I'd go with the one saying dpsing and CCing valkyrs. I'm all in for that. But it's not just something that could happen for some time. So if we have yet another "core update" (if you guys remember lots of players made fun of that 'fix' on valkyrs which made them not CCable but also made them faster etc) then please do include fixes like I stated above of a whole 100% category not just a fix of 50%.

@benzviliran: lawl sorry D:

@gnurg's new post: well it's the same way around. Why can't you do the little task of asking why people don't DPS the val'kyrs to know? :D You can look at one thing from at least two point of views. :P
hahaha omg sorry I really didn't notice I wrote Paladinus instead of Palamaster. Fixed.

PS: Sorry for the off-topic.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#18 » Post by Myaoming » 07 Sep 2015 12:33

I don't see why Druids and Warriors are not supposed to get back to the platform. I mean, if their charge target is in range, why not?
Mages? I was talking with Aurelian yesterday and I really do think that Mages shouldn't be able to come back. Blink seems bugged.
Rogues? If Killing Spree target is in range, why not? After all they come back to platform using that, right? No idea.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Gnurg

#19 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Sep 2015 13:03

This isn't Neverland, we can't fly, so why would we be able to run in open air at a target? You should get no path available for both the feral and warrior.

Killing spree should work if you do it on the val'kyr carrying you to edge (see Folk's report).
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Myaoming
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Myaoming » 07 Sep 2015 13:10

There's a widely known trick for avoiding fall damage by charging. With that, I can confidently say that people are indeed supposed to get a path even while flying/falling <:

freehall2002

#21 » Post by freehall2002 » 07 Sep 2015 17:59

well this wowhead link is not pretty invalid coz many ppl said it worked and many said it didn't work even in this comment:
"Ye ok ok, you catch my drift. Its just my tankmind thinkin. :P

But ye imo it would take too much time to use it even if you have it on macro. And the dedicated person on the edge.

What porcell is saying as well. No path available is also what comes to mind. But hell if it works for you :) keep doing it"
so i see warr doing intervene or feral charging mage blinking is not bug or anything. so this post for closing warr,mage,drood is pretty very useless.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#22 » Post by Myaoming » 07 Sep 2015 19:27

Mages.. We need some sort of solid proof.

Koriach

#23 » Post by Koriach » 07 Sep 2015 19:36

Myaoming wrote:Mages.. We need some sort of solid proof.
Only thing i could find so far was this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8498000128 but I don't really know how reliable this is. Will try to do more research :P

But if every other class can save themselves I don't see why mages shouldn't as you slow fall yourself before being grabbed. And sometimes it just sucks when blink fails but what is the difference between a lock portal / intervene / killing spree and all other since the valk drops you either way if you don't dps it down to 50%?

BozoBog

#24 » Post by BozoBog » 08 Sep 2015 03:46

Gnurg wrote:This isn't Neverland, we can't fly, so why would we be able to run in open air at a target? You should get no path available for both the feral and warrior.

Killing spree should work if you do it on the val'kyr carrying you to edge (see Folk's report).
http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=159 ... -lich-king

About Valks, CC'ing Valks and killing LK wont work atm on TW due to broken pathing, even if you have whole raid stacked up on same spot, 3 Valks wont go to same direction. And there is no way to kill them (bring to 50%) without having them on same spot and certain amount of aoe.
Economist- Demonology Warlock
Eco - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Prevarant - Fury/Prot Warrior
Morgoth - Frost/UH Death Knight
Anduil - Prot/Holy Paladin
Kandilo - Disc/Shadow Priest
Unsated - Restoration Shaman
Blazing - Markmanship Hunter
Hetada - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Izildur - Fire / 1112 Mage

rohankhanna

#25 » Post by rohankhanna » 08 Sep 2015 03:51

+ 1 To what Eco said and don't get him wrong when it is about pathing it goes in debth.

However there are more proofs on the point that you raised on warriors abusing Intervene, many have been already provided

Here is one more.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/699 ... n-LK-Fight

There are many posts which will approve that Intervene by warriors was allowed even on Retail, as long as current patch is concerned

Above all this burst strategy is not just simply *Burst* It requires alot more than you think of

1st. The part of luck when Healers should not be grabbed.
2nd. The players who actually know how to come back w/o affecting the over all dps on LK.
3rd. The risk of Raging spirits which when you enter in Last Phase you get 1 or 2 sometimes alive which are hard to kill before going inside FM,and few more stuff.

Regards

Rohankhanna
Guild Leader of Divinity

Gnurg

#26 » Post by Gnurg » 08 Sep 2015 08:49

Seems I was wrong about the charge-like ways of getting back to the platform. There is one thing to pick up from those threads, it was unreliable, whereas here it is just as dependable as the warlock's portal.

From the little information you can get from those threads, it is that you must time it properly and just in the split-second after you were droped should it be plausible. Quite likely it was plausible, because the game engine would give a path from the destroyed edge.

Assume the path is from the destoyed edge, that means that everything below the edge should not work. Here you can still get back up even 5 and more yards below it. As for the thing about warriors avoiding damage by charging, you always go downwards, not upwards.

I will redo the report to match it with this, any opinions or feedback is appriciated.

tl;dr: Should not be possible to charge up again when below the platform top.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Longi

#27 » Post by Longi » 08 Sep 2015 08:53

There is a different too, how Warior / feral bear charge and rogue / feral cat charge works

Wilcox

#28 » Post by Wilcox » 08 Sep 2015 10:15

longi wrote:There is a different too, how Warior / feral bear charge and rogue / feral cat charge works
difference*

from my inspections, warrior charge intercept intervene requires a path below you so you can complete the spell

feral charge needs line of sight because the druid 'leaps' behind the target

shadowstep also needs line of sight as it simply teleports you behind the target

conclusion, warriors would fall whereas a sub rogue or feral druid has a chance to survive

Gnurg

#29 » Post by Gnurg » 08 Sep 2015 11:05

Wilcox wrote:
longi wrote:There is a different too, how Warior / feral bear charge and rogue / feral cat charge works
difference*

from my inspections, warrior charge intercept intervene requires a path below you so you can complete the spell

feral charge needs line of sight because the druid 'leaps' behind the target

shadowstep also needs line of sight as it simply teleports you behind the target

conclusion, warriors would fall whereas a sub rogue or feral druid has a chance to survive
Intervene is the only spell I have found threads about it working. With the exception of this one (https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/d ... lich_king/), but this one applies to what I posted above, that the player must be above or at the same level as the platform.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Longi

#30 » Post by Longi » 08 Sep 2015 12:19

Wilcox wrote:difference*
thanks for correct :)
Gnurg wrote: Intervene is the only spell I have found threads about it working. With the exception of this one (https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/d ... lich_king/), but this one applies to what I posted above, that the player must be above or at the same level as the platform.
Intervene, warrior charge and feral bear charge works same, so if work one all 3 will work. You don´t need to be at the same level as the
target. You can use charge on the target in the air for example or if something knock you to the air you can charge back from up . It depends on an object between you and the target. At LK fight its the edge. Same as you can´t use charge on the target behind a stone or the tree, the edge wont let you use it if you fail with timing.
These 3 abilities r workin like " speed " buff, charge is like really fast run to the target. So lets say you run directly to the target and if there isn´t barrier you will huge it. So all depepends how big barrier is between you and your target

Rogues abilities or feral cat charge r workin like port. You need more specific things since it ports you behind the target, line between you and the target is sharper. I mean you wont huge the target from the front so you need bigger distance because it ports you behind so you need extra distance. It makes this harder to use for saving your life and more based on timing. So all depends how big barrier is between you and your target

Warlock´s portal is based on point, where a warlock put that circle ( make the point ) , there will be ported and doesnt matter what is between him and this point

Mage´s blink is based on surface, so only class who needs same level as platform, mages cant blink up or down, they need "100 %" flat surface without any barrier ( if all work as it should ) so slow fall or leviate give them more time to be in same level as platform

Hunter´s ability is jump, you dont need be in same level as platform lets say, since you re starting at 0 after jump you go to 2 for example and at end you re back to 0. So it depends only on distance and how far they re from platform in moment they go back to 0. If is 0 at same level or highter than platform, it will save them, if is 0 under platform they will die. so again timing and leviate ( extra time for point 0 )