Social Research

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Intervention
Former Staff

Re: Social Research

#16 » Post by Intervention » 23 May 2011 14:16

Why are you trying to make something of nothing?

And why are you trying to have a go at the country i live in? Don't be racist. What does it matter that it's a she? So no 'she' is pathetic? Calling someone pathetic isn't sexist and to be honest she is being all sensitive about it, when all I'm doing is warning others.

And no, these people aren't answering anonymously. They are POSTING on a PUBLIC forum that EVERYONE can see. Their ACCOUNT NAMES make them NOT ANONYMOUS. Do you have half a brain, or do you not see that? Remaining anonymous at the strictest level is only giving initials, E.g. W.S.

Oh, and show me anger? Your post is pretty directive toward me and is pretty hostile with a few attempts to offend me.

Just because your friend up there got all defensive about her research. I was just stating a warning, I've said that 50 times and I'm probably going to say it again.

Are you stupid? What does it matter that i can lock or post a topic? I'm simply warning people about giving their personal information. I'd do the same on ALL posts. Kraith did it on the real life pictures as well. Stop trying to make this more than what it is, and don't be a fool and try and accuse me of flirting with my power. I have not once abused any power i have and i am always reasonable, I've been staff here for a LONG time so don't try and have a go at me. I'm not going to delete this topic, ever. I will only lock it when the research is done. The player has every right to post this on Off-Topic but forum posters should be made WARY (yeah you were trying to be a smart man and correct me but you failed).

I don't know when to stop talking? YOU should not even be apart of this topic, it has NOTHING to do with you, it's funny because i was making a legitimate attempt to protect players answering unconsciously (the post at the start gave little information on what the research was) and then you have tried to shut me down making stupid comments about my country, my spelling, my education and my current power status. Take a good hard look at yourself, ''Hellwing''.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

narcissa
Donor

#17 » Post by narcissa » 23 May 2011 14:33

Derive a some what decent argument instead and stop making a fool of yourself.

Is this directed to yourself? xD
Cause i challenge any person with a decent brain (I'm sorry, that excludes Warpath) to find an argument in your posts, which is right the opposite in mine, where everything I said you just can't turn down cause it's way too obvious.
By the way, those questions could possibly lead to any secret answer question they have. Their password could be their family name! Who knows!?

Now learn to read and find me a single question where names, dates, or any other info like this is asked. Just stop it before making it worse ^__^

Last thing, this topic is already wasted unfortunately by all this crap we're writing that had nothing to do with the research. You didn't warn. You went out saying things not true and indirectly attacking me on using their personal info to do anything. So hell yes I'll go defensive. And you actually DID threaten to delete it or lock it. I like discussing with people, even having arguements, but bring me to the table some real talking, what you brought was only lies.

PS.
He's everything but racist, he didn't mean that the fact you're from australia says you can't talk, but that by being from an english talking country you should know how to speak in english.
Hang in there, baby.

Hellwing

#18 » Post by Hellwing » 23 May 2011 14:44

oh...ok...now i feel excactly like someone talking to u...just saying whatever u think at the moment,no arguments,nothing.

Ill say just that >making stupid comments about my country
>u are from Australia and dont know how to write.
In Australia as far as i know,many years now are speaking English,and u should at least how to write.
Didnt even took the time to read anything else,thats enought to undertand with who i am talking.

Intervention
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Intervention » 23 May 2011 14:54

I wrote just fine....so I'm not quite sure what you are getting at...? Commas, full stops, capitals, full words. One mistake weary which is still a word but not the word i meant to use and to be fair, your and..his English is not too great anyway.

By the way any of those questions can be used as an answer to one of those secret questions.

My argument is, I'm warning players that they should be cautious and that you are taking this too far and making an argument out of nothing. I think I've said my contention (I'm just warning players) about 50 times now.

These are my last words on this post. I only tried to warn players and you got all defensive and started an argument. I already read that you said they can do it anonymously but i thought i'd warn anyway. You didn't give much background to your research or who you were. You two obviously are a couple or something so you decide to back each other up. You choose to ignore the contention i put forward and rather, attempt to 'bag' what i am saying. Oh well, i guess we all can't look into things in a mature way. This makes me question your values actually, because ANY researcher would know that the Internet is no way to put forward a data collection.

Your research appeared to be complete a page back anyway.

Topic closed.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!