Page 2 of 3

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 10 Sep 2014 22:36
by Relina
It's weird not to have almost monthly core updates, though post-next core update my poor rogue is gonna be sidelined by those annoying frost dk's again.

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 11 Sep 2014 08:08
by Polkic
As we said before, TC did some need changes that effected cores stability drastically.

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 11 Sep 2014 11:20
by Reaper4vp
With their current plans of focusing WoD, im not quite sure if those stability issues will be ever fixed, so theres a chance we might never even have a core update again? As justice suggested it would be nice if at least certain, verified commits would be added to live..

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 11 Sep 2014 12:06
by Justicelight
I hope that is possible Reaper. I mean, I know it is posible even from an outside view (0 coding skills here) but on the other hand it's up to the ones who can do it to spend their time on this. Nyeriah told me that this can generate conflicts in the actual core and I think if Prodigy is up to spend even more time, handling the possible conflicts, than he is curently spending with TrueWow we might get some nice updates.

But it's up to the ones who have time&knowledge&power to do so, and again great job so far you all guys have done ;)

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 11 Sep 2014 14:34
by Myaoming
Reaper4vp wrote:With their current plans of focusing WoD, im not quite sure if those stability issues will be ever fixed, so theres a chance we might never even have a core update again? As justice suggested it would be nice if at least certain, verified commits would be added to live..
Not sure how much we can trust this though.

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 11 Sep 2014 17:10
by Reaper4vp
Yeah thats exactly why i asked :D Its a big gamble imo

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 11 Sep 2014 18:31
by Relina
If TC does stop focusing development on wotlk core, looks like its time for us to either upgrade the core to whichever version they are focusing on, or stop relying on TC for updates.

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 11 Sep 2014 18:54
by prodigy
Again...wotlk development won't be stopped...what happens on TC won't affect us on the long term.

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 22 Oct 2014 14:18
by ShinDarth
Reaper4vp wrote:With their current plans of focusing WoD, im not quite sure if those stability issues will be ever fixed, so theres a chance we might never even have a core update again? As justice suggested it would be nice if at least certain, verified commits would be added to live..
Relina wrote:If TC does stop focusing development on wotlk core, looks like its time for us to either upgrade the core to whichever version they are focusing on, or stop relying on TC for updates.
As you can see, TC now supports 6.x as main WoW version but several developers are still committing to the 3.3.5a branch:

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... mits/3.3.5

so nobody has to worry

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 22 Oct 2014 14:35
by Fastor
Offtopic

@ShinDarth

https://github.com/ShinDarth/PvPstats

Is this in TW already?

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 22 Oct 2014 14:37
by Kindzadza
No, we need the core update first. :)

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 22 Oct 2014 14:38
by Fastor
Should l make suggestion or count as accepted already?

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 22 Oct 2014 14:41
by Kindzadza
ShinDarth already approached us so there is no need. Once we do the update and everything is stable, we can see if we can implement it, which will take a while of course.

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 22 Oct 2014 14:56
by Fastor
Okay. Would be nice to have it.

Re: Core Updates - 2014.07.24

Posted: 22 Oct 2014 16:54
by Nyeriah
Kindzadza wrote:ShinDarth already approached us so there is no need. Once we do the update and everything is stable, we can see if we can implement it, which will take a while of course.
http://www.truewow.org/pvpstats/

However, since the core side of it is missing, it's sadly defunct for now. It'll take a couple of days after the actual core update for us to release it officially.