New Miscellaneous Ladders page

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
User avatar
Gnurg
Posts: 2395
Joined: 28 Jan 2013 19:38
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: New Quests Ladder page

#16 » Post by Gnurg » 22 May 2016 16:41

Fastor wrote:
Tenebro wrote:Suggestion: can you make ladder show only the quests you've done on your faction instead of both since there is not way to reach first 2 positions in ladder without faction changing
+1
Etro wrote:
You could run the computation weekly (i.e. Wednesday 3 am) as it shouldn't be done too often as it might take up server load:
  • 1. Retrieve top 300 players (so that we hopefully get 100 players from each side).
    2. For every player retrieved do the following: increment a counter by 1 for every quest rewarded that is doable by their current faction.
    3. Sort the players according to the newly found values. Remove unnecessary players as we only need 100 per faction.
1. Retrieve players in the same way as it is retrieved now.

2. Quest_Template (AllowableRaces) can be used to retrieve all quest doable by given faction and some other table contains quests rewarded for an individual player. Use the tables together and you can compute a more fair count.

3. Sorting is sorting.

The challenge lies in point 2 obviously, but once this is done you can pretty much do the same for other ladders (mount, companion, professions) etc.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: New Quests Ladder page

#17 » Post by Etro » 22 May 2016 23:51

Too much hassle for something that I'd consider unfair. Those in the top that changed factions to have that amount of quests completed had to vote/donate for it + do all of those quests. Extra effort, that everyone else can pull off too, shouldn't be filtered away, IMO.

But if someone bothers to make the code then I guess I could add it as an optional filter.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Fastor
Posts: 4029
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 17:38

Re: New Quests Ladder page

#18 » Post by Fastor » 23 May 2016 00:54

My first post about your saying its unfair to show quests only for their current side l have deleted just to avoid any conversation that might sound rude. But now that you are said what you did, let me ask you, is it fair to keep player lower on list just because he does not wish to switch side? Does not that appear to you like player is forced to switch side? Oh and before you say something like player should ignore list if it comes to thinking this tournament is unfair, think why did you posted if its not so players compete?

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: New Quests Ladder page

#19 » Post by Etro » 23 May 2016 01:09

Fastor wrote:My first post about your saying its unfair to show quests only for their current side l have deleted just to avoid any conversation that might sound rude. But now that you are said what you did, let me ask you, is it fair to keep player lower on list just because he does not wish to switch side? Does not that appear to you like player is forced to switch side? Oh and before you say something like player should ignore list if it comes to thinking this tournament is unfair, think why did you posted if its not so players compete?
Yes, I think it's fair to keep said player lower in the list if s/he doesn't want to change factions to be able to increase its completed quests counter, which is what this ladder is about, so s/he be higher in the list. If player on top of the list changed factions to have that amount of completed quests, then that player took the extra effort to have more completed quests, which, again, is what this ladder is about, and deserves the spot. I won't dumb down the ladder and add filters just so some people feel comfortable with the consequences of their choices, aka, not changing factions and doing more quests. No one is being prohibitted from changing factions and doing more quests. If you're not as high on the list, it's your fault alone.

But, as I said, I'm not closed to adding an optional filter for those who think that people who spent more vote points and time to do more quests don't deserve the spot, as long I'm provided with the code, ofc.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Fastor
Posts: 4029
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 17:38

Re: New Quests Ladder page

#20 » Post by Fastor » 23 May 2016 20:12

Etro wrote:then that player took the extra effort
Stop right there. That effort is outside game and not related to its side. Literally its a way of cheating.

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#21 » Post by Etro » 27 May 2016 13:51

Added filters for mounts and pets.

Page is now called Miscellaneous Ladders under Community submenu: http://www.truewow.org/miscellaneous-ladders
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Fastor
Posts: 4029
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 17:38

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#22 » Post by Fastor » 27 May 2016 14:09

GG but some of these stuffs does not seems right ^_^
http://image.prntscr.com/image/1fd49437 ... 3837f8.png

Edit: also if not lazy, give options with and without vote shop.

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#23 » Post by Etro » 27 May 2016 14:48

Had fixed that but I had to revert some code and forgot to add it back. Added it back.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Gnurg
Posts: 2395
Joined: 28 Jan 2013 19:38
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#24 » Post by Gnurg » 27 May 2016 14:54

Looks really nice. :)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

User avatar
VergilGC
Honorary Member
Posts: 41
Joined: 01 Jul 2013 22:14

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#25 » Post by VergilGC » 27 May 2016 14:55

GG but some of these stuffs does not seems right ^_^
http://image.prntscr.com/image/1fd49437 ... 3837f8.png
Problem is that it's taking info from armory, which is not correct. Armory is adding +3 mounts (in my case) for some reason.

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#26 » Post by Etro » 27 May 2016 15:03

vergilgc wrote:
GG but some of these stuffs does not seems right ^_^
http://image.prntscr.com/image/1fd49437 ... 3837f8.png
Problem is that it's taking info from armory, which is not correct. Armory is adding +3 mounts (in my case) for some reason.
Not taking info from the armory, just that the armory andd the misc ladders use the same source. I'm using achievements criteria to get the counters, that is the criteria that the game uses to give you achievements once you reach a certain counter. Take into consideration the criteria also counts class mount spells, like both druid's flight forms and the like.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Fastor
Posts: 4029
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 17:38

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#27 » Post by Fastor » 27 May 2016 15:32

OOookay, now where is number 4 went off :D
http://www.truewow.org/miscellaneous-la ... ion=mounts

BTW, Dudu flight forms count as mounts?!?!

User avatar
Gnurg
Posts: 2395
Joined: 28 Jan 2013 19:38
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#28 » Post by Gnurg » 27 May 2016 15:35

Etro wrote:
vergilgc wrote:
GG but some of these stuffs does not seems right ^_^
http://image.prntscr.com/image/1fd49437 ... 3837f8.png
Problem is that it's taking info from armory, which is not correct. Armory is adding +3 mounts (in my case) for some reason.
Not taking info from the armory, just that the armory andd the misc ladders use the same source. I'm using achievements criteria to get the counters, that is the criteria that the game uses to give you achievements once you reach a certain counter. Take into consideration the criteria also counts class mount spells, like both druid's flight forms and the like.
It adds 3 to me as well and I shouldn't have any class mounts.

Could you maybe have it retrieve data from the one Fastor made earlier this year? I believe it lacks the vote shop mounts, but that shouldn't be too hard to change. Doing it like this it would be possible to filter away class-restricted mounts, professions mounts or vote shop mounts... whatever you want the query to look like.
[hide]
Fastor wrote:Hm?

Code: Select all

    SELECT `characters`.`name`, COUNT(`character_spell`.`spell`) AS `mounts`
FROM `characters`
INNER JOIN `character_spell`
ON `characters`.`guid`=`character_spell`.`guid`
WHERE `spell` IN (23229,43899,23227,23228,34767,34769,63796,71342,73313,61451,75596,48025,72286,60025,63844,67466,61230,60116,60114,61229,40192,59567,41514,22719,59650,35022,64977,470,60118,60119,48027,22718,59785,59788,22720,22721,22717,22723,22724,64658,72808,61996,59568,35020,10969,59996,25953,39803,17463,32244,59569,34406,458,18990,6899,17464,6654,43927,6648,41515,39315,34896,68188,68187,39316,34790,63635,63637,6653,32239,8395,63639,36702,44153,63643,23509,63638,32235,61465,61467,61469,61470,35710,18989,6777,35713,23249,65641,23248,35712,35714,65637,23247,17453,61294,26056,39798,17465,32245,59797,59799,72807,63956,63636,65917,5784,66906,23161,48778,35711,6898,10873,17454,472,66847,10789,8394,10793,23238,23240,23239,23225,23223,23222,23221,23219,23338,32240,32242,32290,32289,32292,35018,34795,580,64657,10796,10799,17462,33660,35025,35027,23250,23251,23252,23241,23242,23243,66846,23246,32243,32296,32246,32297,32295,54729,13819,23214,23510,22722,35028,64659,17229,39317,39318,39319,34898,34899,34897,41513,41516,41517,41518,39801,39800,39802,59570,26055,26054,17481,41252,46628,54753,69395,68057,68056,60002,59571,60424,55531,44151,61309,59791,59793,61447,61425,63232,65638,65643,65640,65642,66090,66087,63641,63640,63642,65645,65646,65644,65639,66091,66088,64731,61997,59961,60024,63963,43900,49379,24242,24252)
GROUP BY `character_spell`.`guid`
ORDER BY `mounts` DESC
LIMIT 100;
[/hide]
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#29 » Post by Etro » 27 May 2016 15:49

Fastor wrote:OOookay, now where is number 4 went off :D
http://www.truewow.org/miscellaneous-la ... ion=mounts

BTW, Dudu flight forms count as mounts?!?!
Number 4 was taken by a deleted character. Fixed it.

AFAIK, flight forms do count as mounts according to achievement criteria.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Fastor
Posts: 4029
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 17:38

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#30 » Post by Fastor » 27 May 2016 15:58

Etro wrote:Number 4 was taken by a deleted character. Fixed it.
Royal :cry:
AFAIK, flight forms do count as mounts according to achievement criteria.
Reporting Tenebroo for hacking ^_^

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests