Quest: The Attack bugged

Grashopa

Quest: The Attack bugged

#1 » Post by Grashopa » 11 Jun 2016 15:06

I was attempting to do the quest The Attack in Stormwind but Lord Lescovar insists on standing motionless at the bottom of the steps.

I tried doing .qc but it said the quest wasn't bugged. I also tried abandoning the quest and letting everything reset but Lord Lescovar just stayed there for several hours. He may need to be manually reset by a dev.

Part 2. Assuming that the thread posts this time, it has taken me nearly me 12 hours to just post this on the forum. I would get to the point of posting then the website would become unavailable. And my game would crash and I would be unable to access the website or login to the game for several minutes.

I lost over an hour of game time due to attempting to post this small bug on the forums due to getting locked out for 15 minutes every time I try. Why does this happen? Maybe you need loosen up on the bans a little bit???

Grashopa

Re: Quest: The Attack bugged

#2 » Post by Grashopa » 12 Jun 2016 17:56

I was able to complete this quest last night. So he eventually reset.

It did take me several attempts to reply to this thread again. Luckily I didn't get locked out a bunch this time.

mcheka

#3 » Post by mcheka » 12 Jun 2016 18:19

The quest is known to be slightly buggy: http://www.truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=3513

I'm not sure what issues you are having with the forum, but it sounds like something on your end. I've never experienced the issues you are having. Unless it said when you logged in that you have been banned, then it wasn't a ban anyway. Maybe some DNS issue.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Grashopa

#4 » Post by Grashopa » 13 Jun 2016 16:18

I just assume its a temporary ban (similar to to many login attempts). When it happens I am locked out of the game and website for around 15 minutes.

It happens when I try to log on to the website while I'm playing either to vote or to post. I have since learned my lesson and try to avoid doing that.

Also, generally, the true wow site loads really slow on my home wifi, only site that I have this issue with. I have coped with these issues, it was just frustrating the other night because I lost over an hour of play time attempting to post and issue I came across. It ended up being 12 hours later before I could even get my original post to go through. No worries now though. The quest had reset by the next evening and I just need to avoid using the website when I am playing.

mcheka

#5 » Post by mcheka » 13 Jun 2016 17:15

By the way, I'd say this sounds like a problem with your router or your networking setup in general, not with TrueWoW.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Grashopa

#6 » Post by Grashopa » 14 Jun 2016 01:30

I'm not suggesting that it is anyone else problem but my own. Just don't understand why truewow is the only site where I have this issue consistantly. I can live with it as long as the game runs well.

Mortium

#7 » Post by Mortium » 22 Jun 2016 06:16

Did you by any chance find any solution to this problem? I've never heard of anyone experiencing the same type of issue (so far).

Grashopa

#8 » Post by Grashopa » 22 Jun 2016 15:11

No, but right now on my phone the site is working great, yesterday it wasnt working so well on my phone or my wifi. Im just living with it.

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 22 Jun 2016 15:16

Try this

arnis5
Banned

#10 » Post by arnis5 » 22 Jun 2016 15:22

If you have Bonjour installed it will cause problems like this. It installs with iTunes. Also you might add http://www.truewow.org to trusted sites to your antivirus list if you are using something like Avast Internet Protection and you might try to clear your cookies in your browser.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Nymunne » 09 Jul 2016 12:04

Does this problem still persists?

Mortium

#12 » Post by Mortium » 16 Jul 2016 18:43

No further response was given.

L&A.