Could not customize character

Karter
Donor

Could not customize character

#1 » Post by Karter » 09 Nov 2016 20:48

As the title suggests, I purchased a character recustomization but I keep getting this error.
Nobody is answering in IRC nor in-game.
Any ideas?
Samsung
Karter @Truewow - Private
Rotmaw @Karazhan - Retail
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

Eronox
Honorary Member

Re: Could not customize character

#2 » Post by Eronox » 09 Nov 2016 22:05

What's the error, specifically?

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Karter
Donor

#3 » Post by Karter » 09 Nov 2016 22:31

Read the title
Samsung
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

Nymunne
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Nymunne » 09 Nov 2016 23:57

Karter wrote:As the title suggests, I purchased a character recustomization but I keep getting this error.
Nobody is answering in IRC nor in-game.
Any ideas?
In the future to avoid confusion for GMs please don't open ticket, report at IRC and open a topic at the General Support as it can cause GMs to do a chaotic work for you as you reported it 3 times so different GMs will look into it not knowing someone else took care of it in a different form since everyone can either check forums or tickets or what they want first. A GM will reply to your ticket or topic or IRC as soon as they see the message/ticket/post and are not away from their computer.

I replied to your ticket. If you still have any issues please re-open your ticket.

Justicelight
Donor

#5 » Post by Justicelight » 10 Nov 2016 00:03

Restart your client multiple times after it fails to recustomize.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Karter
Donor

#6 » Post by Karter » 10 Nov 2016 16:02

Nymunne wrote:In the future to avoid confusion for GMs please don't open ticket, report at IRC and open a topic at the General Support as it can cause GMs to do a chaotic work for you as you reported it 3 times so different GMs will look into it not knowing someone else took care of it in a different form since everyone can either check forums or tickets or what they want first. A GM will reply to your ticket or topic or IRC as soon as they see the message/ticket/post and are not away from their computer.
Maybe in the future our GMs could mobilize faster to solve an issue.
I think opening a ticket and making this thread is excusable after an over three hour wait for a response in IRC with multiple staff members in the lobby. If it's not, I suggest adding more volunteer staff members to your team.

OT:
The issue isn't solved, it's worse.
Still can't customize my character, getting the same error.
I can't even read your ticket answer because now, not only is (strangely) my character the opposite sex, it also disconnects me from the server anytime I try to log-on to that character (only this one). "You have been disconnected from the server" message as soon as the load bar fills up.
Samsung
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

Nymunne
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Nymunne » 10 Nov 2016 16:54

Karter wrote:Maybe in the future our GMs could mobilize faster to solve an issue.
I think opening a ticket and making this thread is excusable after an over three hour wait for a response in IRC with multiple staff members in the lobby. If it's not, I suggest adding more volunteer staff members to your team.

OT:
The issue isn't solved, it's worse.
Still can't customize my character, getting the same error.
I can't even read your ticket answer because now, not only is (strangely) my character the opposite sex, it also disconnects me from the server anytime I try to log-on to that character (only this one). "You have been disconnected from the server" message as soon as the load bar fills up.
Maybe you should think that we can't always be there instantly when someone just snaps their fingers. Depending on the hour you might need to wait or there might actually be someone online at the time. We also have our lives and other things to do than monitor IRC and tickets 24/7. Your ticket was replied to before the forum reply was given. There was another ticket done at the same time as yours and the player did not get the message you are describing after we re-applied the flag.

Could you post a screenshot with the message your are receiving? Or better you can send it via PM to as you might now want your chars to show in public forms. Looking at it now it is strange in your case as I see a female character displayed as a male. :shock:

Karter
Donor

#8 » Post by Karter » 10 Nov 2016 17:06

Take no offense to what I have said. All I did was to try to excuse myself for creating a ticket and a thread on the issue. I do believe our staff members are doing a good job and of course I don't expect you to do your "jobs" as staff members 24/7.

OT:
Here's a two picture gallery of the error's I'm receiving. Scroll down to see the second one.
http://imgur.com/a/HNlxi

1.Regular server DC message whenever I try to get in-game with that character, it appears right after the loading bar fills up.
2.Error whenever I try to apply the changes to my character using the re-customization tool.
Samsung
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

Nymunne
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Nymunne » 10 Nov 2016 17:33

Well I know it can be frustrating to wait and I am sorry if I was being hostile towards you but it is sometimes annoying when we see people wanting instant help when sometimes it's not possible. No matter how many people in the Staff we will have I doubt we will have someone being available in a certain moment. We try to resolve tickets and issue as soon as possible.

The reason why I said to avoid discussing the same issue in multiple places is the because when more than one person takes the same issue it can lead into things and services getting worse for the players and the GMs as well cause when we overlap into doing something without knowing someone else is on it at the same time (i.e forum, IRC as tickets can be tagged) and it can create a mess. This also happens when players open the same ticket from multiple characters.

Anyway, issue was resolved via IRC pm so I'll move this away.