Appealing a ban

User avatar
meedsterone993
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2014 09:05

Appealing a ban

#1 » Post by meedsterone993 » 20 Feb 2019 15:37

Hello, earlier today I found out that I was banned. I went on the IRC and asked why I was banned.

I was told that it was due to "advertising for sunwell". I was honestly surprised, so I asked for screenshot proof, and I was given links to screenshots of me literally answering questions with minimized chat windows (completely out of context).

In the pictures are my answers to the following questions:
1) What is the current progression on Sunwell Meedo?
- They're releasing the plague quarter this week.
2) Where do you lead raids currently Meedo?
- on Sunwell: Angrather.
3) Where do you play rn Meedo (in a whisper)?
- on Sunwell: Angrathar.

Please notice that I was only answering questions people asked me. I have NOT *encouraged* anybody to switch to some other server, and these replies were minimal and reactive, not proactive.

This strikes me more as a pathetic attempt by some hater to ban me based on my minimalistic answers to questions I have been asked. By that logic, this appeal may as well be an attempt from me to advertise to sunwell! Do you see how that logic is flawed?

Please revoke the ban, thank you very much!
I'll settle for a perma-mute, afterall, if you collectively judge that this is indeed advertising (which would be hilarious to me) I don't think you would be worried about me if I'm online and perma-muted. Although again, this is absurd, just revoke the bans please thanks
Samrah | Human Priest | Shadow / Holy
Medahna | Human Mage | Fire / Fire (cause Fire)
Meedo | Undead Priest | Shadow / Disc
Vahna | Human Priest | Holy / Shadow
Luxandria | Human Paladin | Protection / Retribution

User avatar
meedsterone993
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2014 09:05

Re: Appealing a ban

#2 » Post by meedsterone993 » 20 Feb 2019 15:46

It's worth noting that I DID NOT REPLY on world chat about where I lead raids when asked by the way!
I remember whispering the person instead of replying on world.
Please take note of that.
Samrah | Human Priest | Shadow / Holy
Medahna | Human Mage | Fire / Fire (cause Fire)
Meedo | Undead Priest | Shadow / Disc
Vahna | Human Priest | Holy / Shadow
Luxandria | Human Paladin | Protection / Retribution

User avatar
Jiranthos
Admin
Posts: 1792
Joined: 23 Jun 2015 03:43
Location: Not on your bad side, hopefully

Re: Appealing a ban

#3 » Post by Jiranthos » 20 Feb 2019 15:48

I have seen the screens and I do agree it was a bit of entrapment and I haven't got proof that you premeditated this and actually intended for people to leave TW for another realm. I haven't PERSONALLY seen you be a nuisance or a detriment to the community, and I think this requires a lot more comments and opinions.
Don't mistake my rank as authority or the voice of staff. I would be perfectly willing to both appeal you and equally willing to keep the ban enforced, just saying I see where you are coming from but there may suddenly be witnesses or people with more evidence to drive the point home. If no one can prove you were harmful and deliberately poaching players away (OUTSIDE THE CONTEXT OF THESE SCREENSHOTS), I (again, just 1 man's vote in a democracy) would be willing lift the ban.

EDIT: Of course, subsequent offenses would be met with absolutely no mercy or chance for appeal. If the ban would ultimately be lifted, remember to be very careful about the rules listed in the rules section and take care of yourself by not giving in or responding to taunts or loaded questions. We don't need Courtroom Drama here, we can spend our time elsewhere.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

User avatar
meedsterone993
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2014 09:05

Re: Appealing a ban

#4 » Post by meedsterone993 » 20 Feb 2019 15:49

That is saying: The whisper Nekromancer got from me (in screenshot 2) was my reply to him after he asked on World chat (depicted in screenshot 3). I remember now. Screenshot 2 and 3 are for the same question "Where do you lead raids nowadays Meedo?"
Samrah | Human Priest | Shadow / Holy
Medahna | Human Mage | Fire / Fire (cause Fire)
Meedo | Undead Priest | Shadow / Disc
Vahna | Human Priest | Holy / Shadow
Luxandria | Human Paladin | Protection / Retribution

User avatar
meedsterone993
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2014 09:05

Re: Appealing a ban

#5 » Post by meedsterone993 » 20 Feb 2019 15:54

Jiranthos wrote:
20 Feb 2019 15:48
I have seen the screens and I do agree it was a bit of entrapment and I haven't got proof that you premeditated this and actually intended for people to leave TW for another realm. I haven't PERSONALLY seen you be a nuisance or a detriment to the community, and I think this requires a lot more comments and opinions.
Don't mistake my rank as authority or the voice of staff. I would be perfectly willing to both appeal you and equally willing to keep the ban enforced, just saying I see where you are coming from but there may suddenly be witnesses or people with more evidence to drive the point home. If no one can prove you were harmful and deliberately poaching players away (OUTSIDE THE CONTEXT OF THESE SCREENSHOTS), I (again, just 1 man's vote in a democracy) would be willing lift the ban.

EDIT: Of course, subsequent offenses would be met with absolutely no mercy or chance for appeal. If the ban would ultimately be lifted, remember to be very careful about the rules listed in the rules section and take care of yourself by not giving in or responding to taunts or loaded questions. We don't need Courtroom Drama here, we can spend our time elsewhere.
Fair enough man.
Samrah | Human Priest | Shadow / Holy
Medahna | Human Mage | Fire / Fire (cause Fire)
Meedo | Undead Priest | Shadow / Disc
Vahna | Human Priest | Holy / Shadow
Luxandria | Human Paladin | Protection / Retribution

User avatar
Virdo
Donor
Posts: 38
Joined: 03 Aug 2013 13:13

Re: Appealing a ban

#6 » Post by Virdo » 20 Feb 2019 16:40

meedsterone993 wrote:
20 Feb 2019 15:37
Please notice that I was only answering questions people asked me. I have NOT *encouraged* anybody to switch to some other server, and these replies were minimal and reactive, not proactive.
This is false and far beyond dishonest. It's actually made up. You were literally encouraging players to have a try on the other server, because truewow's population is as it is. You have written such things on world chat, raid chat, guild chat, say chat and in the end you realised - after the few punishments you got for advertising the other server on say chat - you just started using whispers to keep continuing with this.

Not to mention the inqusition guild message of the day (gmotd) was also some kind of advertisement. It informed players that you people moved to the other server. Even though some player changed that gmotd to remove the advertising part to cover your tracks, you logged because none else was active that time from there and fixed the guild message back as it was - to advertise the other server.
I know because I have eyes in inquisition guild and people let me know.

Keep in mind that this is a rule broken, which leads to consequences, based from the server's policy. Before making an account and playing in the server you agreed to all the rules. You broke them so there is no chance from avoiding punishment.

I have talked with a lot of players, and a lot of players talked to me about this case. A lot players have seen you doing this, and they have been showing me proof of you talking about other server in several chats. Even i sneaked near to get a part of it and it proved correctly this time.

Another important thing to note here is that you kept bashing truewow at every opportunity in raid chat, saying negative things like: "No wonder this server is failing when the devs keep focusing on overtuning the trash mobs instead of blizzlike. At least SW's ICC is proper and better than this bs."

I know because I was there when I saw you say this and half my guild saw it too. One guy from my guild even screenshotted you saying the other server was releasing plague wing." You kept praising the other server nonstop so imagine what happens when someone finally reports this? And, here you are.

Each time you logged on here, you always started a debate of the other server, like how you are leading raids like TOC, Ulduar, fragment runs, etc. We all know DAMN WELL that no-one was doing ulduar on Truewow so it was all about the other server in your public chats.
So many known faces here have moved there thanks to this nonsense. I don't need to wonder whose work that is. Totally not you right? Inquisition... Raiders on the Storm..... Divinity... Hellraisers...

If this needs a vote from the community players, like me or from a lot of the players who play with us loyally on TW, it is going be a huge -1.
You are not welcome here. Keep your advertising and go back to the new server where you to because the grass is greener.

I could go ON AND ON about this, but I'll end this here. You're a poacher of good players and TW can't afford to have you around.

Sincerely,
Virdo
Leader of Hellraisers

User avatar
IronSharona
Staff Member
Posts: 1143
Joined: 02 Feb 2017 00:49
Location: Austin, Texas, USA

Re: Appealing a ban

#7 » Post by IronSharona » 20 Feb 2019 16:51

Virdo wrote:
20 Feb 2019 16:40
If this needs a vote from the community players, like me or from a lot of the players who play with us loyally on TW
Yes, of course. Community opinions and experiences are paramount here. As staff, like Jiranthos mentioned earlier, we are bound to a duty of our own experience and the hard evidence placed before us. Please do not feel afraid or unwelcome to share any personal experiences, images, or other proof of your guild member's experiences. And please encourage others to contribute as well. If there is dissent among those who contribute their opinions for or against the appeal we need votes to come from each individual for them to be fully considered. Otherwise we run the risk of someone falsely attributing experiences or statements to other players and swaying the appeal decision improperly.

Thank you for taking the time to put together your thoughts on this matter.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

User avatar
meedsterone993
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2014 09:05

Re: Appealing a ban

#8 » Post by meedsterone993 » 20 Feb 2019 17:22

"This is false and far beyond dishonest. It's actually made up. You were literally encouraging players to have a try on the other server, because truewow's population is as it is. You have written such things on world chat, raid chat, guild chat, say chat and in the end you realised - after the few punishments you got for advertising the other server on say chat - you just started using whispers to keep continuing with this."

- Please provide tangible proof for such things.

"Not to mention the inqusition guild message of the day (gmotd) was also some kind of advertisement. It informed players that you people moved to the other server. Even though some player changed that gmotd to remove the advertising part to cover your tracks, you logged because none else was active that time from there and fixed the guild message back as it was - to advertise the other server.
I know because I have eyes in inquisition guild and people let me know."

- This is a blind accusation. I am not the guild leader of inquisition. The only person who can edit the GMOTD is the guild leader.

"I have talked with a lot of players, and a lot of players talked to me about this case. A lot players have seen you doing this, and they have been showing me proof of you talking about other server in several chats. Even i sneaked near to get a part of it and it proved correctly this time."

- please provide tangible evidence for such a thing.

"Another important thing to note here is that you kept bashing truewow at every opportunity in raid chat, saying negative things like: "No wonder this server is failing when the devs keep focusing on overtuning the trash mobs instead of blizzlike. At least SW's ICC is proper and better than this bs."

- this is irrelevant.

"I know because I was there when I saw you say this and half my guild saw it too. One guy from my guild even screenshotted you saying the other server was releasing plague wing." You kept praising the other server nonstop so imagine what happens when someone finally reports this? And, here you are."

- The screenshot you are referring to is available to GMs for reference, and I assure you they will see how this accusation is baseless.

"Each time you logged on here, you always started a debate of the other server, like how you are leading raids like TOC, Ulduar, fragment runs, etc. We all know DAMN WELL that no-one was doing ulduar on Truewow so it was all about the other server in your public chats.
So many known faces here have moved there thanks to this nonsense. I don't need to wonder whose work that is. Totally not you right? Inquisition... Raiders on the Storm..... Divinity... Hellraisers... "

- please provide tangible proof for such accusations.

"If this needs a vote from the community players, like me or from a lot of the players who play with us loyally on TW, it is going be a huge -1.
You are not welcome here. Keep your advertising and go back to the new server where you to because the grass is greener. "

- Thanks, I dislike you a lot too!
Samrah | Human Priest | Shadow / Holy
Medahna | Human Mage | Fire / Fire (cause Fire)
Meedo | Undead Priest | Shadow / Disc
Vahna | Human Priest | Holy / Shadow
Luxandria | Human Paladin | Protection / Retribution

User avatar
Justicelight
Donor
Posts: 1125
Joined: 05 Dec 2011 21:47
Location: Romania

Re: Appealing a ban

#9 » Post by Justicelight » 20 Feb 2019 17:28

Dear all,

It seems to me that this ban should just serve as a prevention/raise awareness to not push things too far when talking about other servers. Promoting another server can be made offline, through other communication means, so this still can happen.

Yesterday, in front of Dalaran bank, people were discussing about retail experience and how nice it is. If someone promotes playing on retail should that be banable too? (just a question for my personal knowledge).

Anyhow, I'm not trying to dilute the points made here, my input on this issue is to lift the ban, but to be very careful in near future.

Many asked me to join different servers, including you (Meedo), but I know more than a half of requests were made mainly because so we can all enjoy playing together.

Now, I see the following reasons of why you did this:
- you wanted certain players to play with you, so you can have a better experience on another server.
- it came from an egoistic approach to make players that stick to playing on TrueWoW to leave server because,
- you used to held a grudge against Hellraisers since your raiding tactics were not applied during raids.

I know you a bit but for those who don't know you, since you barely log, had argues and disagreements with certain players which are still playing on TrueWoW you may be susceptible to negative interpretations of your actions.

Just be careful with who you talk, where and when, since you have gotten a party-breaker aura around you.

In the end, it is normal for the very few players left here to be protective and careful when something like this comes up, because we just don't want to lose the remaining players that still believe in TrueWoW.

Hope this helps somehow, cheers.
Image
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

User avatar
meedsterone993
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2014 09:05

Re: Appealing a ban

#10 » Post by meedsterone993 » 20 Feb 2019 17:41

Justicelight wrote:
20 Feb 2019 17:28
Dear all,

It seems to me that this ban should just serve as a prevention/raise awareness to not push things too far when talking about other servers. Promoting another server can be made offline, through other communication means, so this still can happen.

Yesterday, in front of Dalaran bank, people were discussing about retail experience and how nice it is. If someone promotes playing on retail should that be banable too? (just a question for my personal knowledge).

Anyhow, I'm not trying to dilute the points made here, my input on this issue is to lift the ban, but to be very careful in near future.

Many asked me to join different servers, including you (Meedo), but I know more than a half of requests were made mainly because so we can all enjoy playing together.

Now, I see the following reasons of why you did this:
- you wanted certain players to play with you, so you can have a better experience on another server.
- it came from an egoistic approach to make players that stick to playing on TrueWoW to leave server because,
- you used to held a grudge against Hellraisers since your raiding tactics were not applied during raids.

I know you a bit but for those who don't know you, since you barely log, had argues and disagreements with certain players which are still playing on TrueWoW you may be susceptible to negative interpretations of your actions.

Just be careful with who you talk, where and when, since you have gotten a party-breaker aura around you.

In the end, it is normal for the very few players left here to be protective and careful when something like this comes up, because we just don't want to lose the remaining players that still believe in TrueWoW.

Hope this helps somehow, cheers.
While I openly hate virdo and zero, I don't hold a grudge against an entire guild, and I certainly wouldn't get out of my way to ruin the server they play on. believe it or not i'm much more mature than that. So it's not an egoistic approach or anything. Also please remember that you weren't playing on TW when I asked if you'd like to join another server!
Samrah | Human Priest | Shadow / Holy
Medahna | Human Mage | Fire / Fire (cause Fire)
Meedo | Undead Priest | Shadow / Disc
Vahna | Human Priest | Holy / Shadow
Luxandria | Human Paladin | Protection / Retribution

User avatar
Virdo
Donor
Posts: 38
Joined: 03 Aug 2013 13:13

Re: Appealing a ban

#11 » Post by Virdo » 20 Feb 2019 18:49

Okay, so the proof was given privately to the staff, but let's be realistic here. You're fighting for your accounts now, instead of being honest and admitting your wrongdoing. You would rather lie and use the staff's reasons for publishing of proof to back yourself up.

And the Inquisition gmotd? The message has been changed only when you logged in and nobody else besides the person who removed the advertising part. The leader was offline for weeks, if not longer. Every officer can change it and you know that. The guild master already quit so that just leaves the only active officers who can do it - AKA YOU and the person who tried to remove the advertisement.

No more replies form me. I'm not wasting my time on someone who is out for himself and just harms our community.

Regards,

V.

User avatar
Regent
Tester
Posts: 354
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 16:11
Location: Your Imgination.

Re: Appealing a ban

#12 » Post by Regent » 20 Feb 2019 19:04

Image
Let's see...

Guy asks you what server you're talking about:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 3j.2hi.png

You whisper him back which is basically the same as any advertiser making a char, hitting level 5 and advertising in whisper:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... qj.35r.png

Me getting pissed off because you kept singing about SW over 45 minutes in /raid and /say chat instead of actually focusing (which cost us 1 wipe since you were busy typing instead of healing).
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... mrah_3.jpg

Virdo hit the nail on the head.
You've done nothing but sing song after song of how great SW is and how crap things have become here.
We lost multiple good,experienced (and well-geared) players thanks to this shit.
Even when I told you to STFU about SW in raid, you just said haters gonna hate (since you kept yapping for an hour straight, Marrowgar to Putricide trap room about how TW's icc was overtuned to shit and half the boss encounters were crap in your opinion and how you were looking forward to SW's ICC plague wing release and I had enough of it).
Of course, we're going to bloody hate when your actions are hurting our population, especially if people (whom we spent ages gearing up) choose to leave thanks to you selling SW to them in whisper or party or raid or whichever channel you chose to do it in.

I had to log a friend's char that's still in <Inquisition> just to dig this little gem up:
------------------
Inquisition players are on www.sunwell.pl realm:Angrathar (horde).
------------------
^^^Guild message you guys left there^^^

By the way, the fact that you just lied about only the guild leader being able to change the GMOTD shows your dishonest attempt to cover your own ass.
That GMOTD itself is an advertisement too in my personal opinion as a player, but let's keep the focus on you.

You're not a team player, you're just an opportunist who saw the wind change direction and went where the grass is greener and tried to take as many people with you as possible.
You neither care about this community or its struggles nor do you remotely give 2 shits whether the server survives.

And yes, before you ask, I'm the one who reported you to the staff.
Virdo showed me the screenshots and I had some of my own already.
I sent them to Benedictus and Andromelech. They and the staff took care of the rest.
If they let you back here after doing shit like this, I'm going to be really disappointed.
If they keep your ban in place, then bravo. Good riddance.
You fucked up. Now deal with it.

Over and out. I won't waste time reading any replies as I've said what most people are too afraid to say outright anyway.

Image
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt

User avatar
meedsterone993
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2014 09:05

Re: Appealing a ban

#13 » Post by meedsterone993 » 20 Feb 2019 20:06

Virdo wrote:
20 Feb 2019 18:49
Okay, so the proof was given privately to the staff, but let's be realistic here. You're fighting for your accounts now, instead of being honest and admitting your wrongdoing. You would rather lie and use the staff's reasons for publishing of proof to back yourself up.

And the Inquisition gmotd? The message has been changed only when you logged in and nobody else besides the person who removed the advertising part. The leader was offline for weeks, if not longer. Every officer can change it and you know that. The guild master already quit so that just leaves the only active officers who can do it - AKA YOU and the person who tried to remove the advertisement.

No more replies form me. I'm not wasting my time on someone who is out for himself and just harms our community.

Regards,

V.
You can log in Zero's officer and try to change it, let me know if it works.
Only the GM can change it.
Samrah | Human Priest | Shadow / Holy
Medahna | Human Mage | Fire / Fire (cause Fire)
Meedo | Undead Priest | Shadow / Disc
Vahna | Human Priest | Holy / Shadow
Luxandria | Human Paladin | Protection / Retribution

User avatar
meedsterone993
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2014 09:05

Re: Appealing a ban

#14 » Post by meedsterone993 » 20 Feb 2019 20:14

Let's see...

Guy asks you what server you're talking about:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 3j.2hi.png

You whisper him back which is basically the same as any advertiser making a char, hitting level 5 and advertising in whisper:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... qj.35r.png

-He asked, I answered, didn't tell anybody to go play anywhere.

Me getting pissed off because you kept singing about SW over 45 minutes in /raid and /say chat instead of actually focusing (which cost us 1 wipe since you were busy typing instead of healing).
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... mrah_3.jpg

- I don't remember us wiping on trap. I actually usually solo heal the trap at about 14k HPS on this priest, so i'm pretty sure we can't wipe there. I don't remember yapping about anything for hours, I don't think we would have been able to have a smooth a run if I were. only wipes were on LK and after a few tries we got it. This is a witch-hunt.

I had to log a friend's char that's still in <Inquisition> just to dig this little gem up:
------------------
Inquisition players are on www.sunwell.pl realm:Angrathar (horde).
------------------
^^^Guild message you guys left there^^^

By the way, the fact that you just lied about only the guild leader being able to change the GMOTD shows your dishonest attempt to cover your own ass.
That GMOTD itself is an advertisement too in my personal opinion as a player, but let's keep the focus on you.

- I do not have access to the Inquisition GMOTD, so I don't understand why I am being blamed for it lol. Ask one of your friends to check the guild log and see typed that message. Only the GM can change the GMOTD... Ask one of your friends to log an officer and see if they can change it lol.
Samrah | Human Priest | Shadow / Holy
Medahna | Human Mage | Fire / Fire (cause Fire)
Meedo | Undead Priest | Shadow / Disc
Vahna | Human Priest | Holy / Shadow
Luxandria | Human Paladin | Protection / Retribution

User avatar
bobsmyname
Donor
Posts: 140
Joined: 19 Jan 2016 01:21

Re: Appealing a ban

#15 » Post by bobsmyname » 20 Feb 2019 21:53

As I am not a truewow player, I know nothing about reputations certain players hold, and honestly the only thing i really have an opinion about is the GMOTD comment.
As was stated earlier (I cannot remember who by), people giving information for other servers, like [Inquisition is playing on Sunwell (horde)] is an information towards the guild wanting to continue raiding together either in a different environment, or just a more populated server (which is unfortunate).
There have been multiple cases of things like this on primal, to the point that i could probably make a list, guilds / raids talking about tons of different servers (as well as moving to these, in bulk), yet no offences have been made.
We have lost entire guilds (multiple times) do to events like this, and none are held accountable (even in the event of them returning after some time.)

I can't stress enough this is ONLY regarding the GMOTD issue. I'm a +1 for the ban on them for this.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests