Server talent reset for preventing abuse

Kengur

Server talent reset for preventing abuse

#1 » Post by Kengur » 23 Jul 2015 00:50

A long time ago there was a bug and ppl got their talent reset because of core bug. Chars got their talents reset, but they had still the abilitys from the old spec and could take new abilitys from new spec. This year 2 ppl which i know started to play a char which didnt had talent reset after that bug and they had abilitys which they didnt take in talent tree. I hope GM's could reset talents for all chars so abuse will be prevented, since it gives huge adantvage and noone is sitting on combat log to check that. Also there could be hidden buffs active, which are from some talents, since noone knows exactly what of the talents left staying on the chars.

ItchyVortex

Re: Server talent reset for preventing abuse

#2 » Post by ItchyVortex » 23 Jul 2015 01:31

I had these bugs on 2 leveling alts (mage with ice barrier and shaman with earth shield) and even after opening a ticket for gm's to reset, the spells would not go away.
I had to reset manually for them to be fixed =/
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Jul 2015 01:43

These players need to be reported individually. We stand negative for a global talent reset due to the inconvenience it causes.

Kengur

#4 » Post by Kengur » 23 Jul 2015 01:51

each day i play here i think GM's gets benefit from letting ppl abuse
other thing is you didnt prevent the bug reseting right after when talents get lost, also you didnt take backup files to set the talents to ppl again, even if you could do that, since you could make a script for database to do so

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Jul 2015 01:54

Well, thanks for letting us know the issue still exists.

I don't see any character name being reported. Is there anything else to be added to this issue before I close it?

Kengur

#6 » Post by Kengur » 23 Jul 2015 01:58

i want vote for server talent reset, so not only gm's decide what they do on server

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Jul 2015 02:03

This is not something up to players to decide. Back in the day I had brought up the possibility of issuing a talent wipe to prevent his but we came to an agreement that we would not do so because it's inconvenient.

Most definitely we will not be doing it now that there's only a handful of players that still have issues with it.

Kengur

#8 » Post by Kengur » 23 Jul 2015 02:06

"TRUEWOW"

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Jul 2015 02:10

I guess there's nothing else to be added to this issue so I'll be locking. If anyone's experiencing issues caused by the talent wipe they're free to open tickets and we'll be addressing them. The same goes for whoever sees anyone with talents they should not possess.