Suspicious gold - Haides

friendzoned

Suspicious gold - Haides

#1 » Post by friendzoned » 22 Oct 2015 17:37

He's buying high valued items such as Sulfuron Ingots
http://www.primalwow.org/armory/cstats. ... ides&s=140
Last edited by Guest on 23 Oct 2015 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

Peacecraft

Re: Suspecious gold - Haides

#2 » Post by Peacecraft » 22 Oct 2015 17:42

Maybe he's in charge of buying that stuff for his guild & so has access to guild funds ?

.kurthos

#3 » Post by .kurthos » 22 Oct 2015 17:46

I can tell you he has a monopoly on the zg reputation and bloodvine markets.

friendzoned

#4 » Post by friendzoned » 22 Oct 2015 18:17

kurthos wrote:I can tell you he has a monopoly on the zg reputation and bloodvine markets.
Are you saying there's over 10k gold being handled in trade for zg reputation/bloodvine markets?

Cleofatra

#5 » Post by Cleofatra » 22 Oct 2015 19:01

It's not unbelievable. Imagine people PMing you asking to craft full Bloodvine set. Trade whole set or COD mail them it for 500g. Sell 10 sets... 5000 gold right thurr.

For instance Merkd had a monopoly on Lionheart and Persuader for a long time.
http://www.primalwow.org/armory/cstats. ... erkd&s=140

.kurthos

#6 » Post by .kurthos » 22 Oct 2015 19:11

selling bijous for 30g and coins for 12g a piece is solid money.

friendzoned

#7 » Post by friendzoned » 22 Oct 2015 19:13

Cleofatra wrote:It's not unbelievable. Imagine people PMing you asking to craft full Bloodvine set. Trade whole set or COD mail them it for 500g. Sell 10 sets... 5000 gold right thurr.

For instance Merkd had a monopoly on Lionheart and Persuader for a long time.
http://www.primalwow.org/armory/cstats. ... erkd&s=140
Merkd was the main (sole?) crafter of both those items for a while, it's understandable he made alot of profit from them.
Bloodvine sets can be crafted by quite alot of people, and the majority is crafted within the guilds. I can't even remember the last time I've seen anybody even trying to buy the bloodvine set.
kurthos wrote:selling bijous for 30g and coins for 12g a piece is solid money.
10,000g through trade? Outside of the AH? Just to clarify, that's almost 6 times as much handled in trade compared to AH.

.kurthos

#8 » Post by .kurthos » 22 Oct 2015 19:31

You can ask him about it in game, but I personally picked up a decent amount of rep and know others in my guild who have done the same.

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 22 Oct 2015 19:34

Based on this information, we can't be 100% sure that he earned the gold through illegitimate means. We don't ban based on assumptions.

At least we already have better protection against gold hacks.

friendzoned

#10 » Post by friendzoned » 22 Oct 2015 19:36

Prime wrote:Based on this information, we can't be 100% sure that he earned the gold through illegitimate means. We don't ban based on assumptions.

At least we already have better protection against gold hacks.
Alright, thank you.

Cleofatra

#11 » Post by Cleofatra » 22 Oct 2015 20:07

Down with the 1%!

iamadp

#12 » Post by iamadp » 22 Oct 2015 22:32

We need to do something about income equality!

Bernie Sanders for president!
<Maple Syrup>
[/size]

useronly

#13 » Post by useronly » 22 Oct 2015 23:39

I'm not buying it. Hit 60 two weeks ago and has a monopoly on coins? Is this his main? First time he set foot in ZG was a bit less than two weeks ago, but apparently can solo farm to get enough coins to have a 'monopoly.' What's he solo farming as a warlock to have a monopoly on coins? Seems more like more murmur bullshit--continues to run in the guild, apparently.

And I assume that by bloodvine, you don't mean the set, but rather the herb, considering that he hasn't crafted a single piece of bloodvine gear to date. That is more or less reasonable after a full clear, but coins? Nah, bullshit.

offheal

#14 » Post by offheal » 22 Oct 2015 23:50

guy was traded 10k at one point, like i trade 1k for alts epic riding/dual spec. it wont get registred as earned.

Cleofatra

#15 » Post by Cleofatra » 23 Oct 2015 00:12

useronly wrote:I'm not buying it. Hit 60 two weeks ago and has a monopoly on coins? Is this his main? First time he set foot in ZG was a bit less than two weeks ago, but apparently can solo farm to get enough coins to have a 'monopoly.' What's he solo farming as a warlock to have a monopoly on coins? Seems more like more murmur bullshit--continues to run in the guild, apparently.

And I assume that by bloodvine, you don't mean the set, but rather the herb, considering that he hasn't crafted a single piece of bloodvine gear to date. That is more or less reasonable after a full clear, but coins? Nah, bullshit.

Hmm you're right there is some shadiness possibly. Look at the kills of different types http://www.primalwow.org/armory/cstats. ... ides&s=135 . 2700 beasts so not farming crocodiles. Most is 8576 humanoids so unless he's found some easy way to farm trolls (enslaving the imps by edge of madness maybe?) the story kinda falls flat. Unfortunately you can't look at his Zandalar reputation, but you can see he is not exalted with them (0 factions at exalted). Quite shady indeed.