[Accepted] The Famous Transmogrify Feature

Nyeriah

Re: [TrueWoW/Public Opinion Research/Poll] The Famous Transmogrify Feature

#106 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Apr 2016 05:16

For reference, we are using Rochet's http://rochet2.github.io/Transmogrification.html at ptr, the "blizzlike" one.

Nephyx
Former Staff

#107 » Post by Nephyx » 14 Apr 2016 09:08

I see that the majority of people who are against this talk that it is not blizzlike to implement this feature and basically that we would look like some kind of a fun server.

Well, I must say that this is not just some randomly made up idea, it is actually an official blizzlike feature, just slightly modified so it can run on a WotLK client as well. It is present on retail since Cataclysm, and since it is known that we are not going to update to Cata any time soon, I think this is a perfect opportunity to have some feature, which was present in later expansion, added to our current one.

That being said, even, if it would be possible to add another blizzlike features which were present in later expansions (rated battlegrounds for example) I would agree with the implementation of them, because after all, it would just enhance our gameplay and gave us something else to do as other people mentioned.

Anyway, Blizzard implemented new content/updates by patching the client, we are not doing that, however we can modify it, so we can get newer features even while running an older expansion. That is good thing in my opinion.

Regards.
Right Conquers Might

Fastor

#108 » Post by Fastor » 14 Apr 2016 09:24

Nyeriah wrote:OT: T10 is aweful looking for all classes
NOP, Mage T10hc is OP!
* Fishing Poles cannot be transmogrified. Frowney
* Fishing Poles cannot be used to transmogrify. Frowney
* There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible…)
There goes all my ideas.

.Venna
Donor

#109 » Post by .Venna » 14 Apr 2016 09:58

Hairbrush wrote:
ItchyVortex wrote:
.Venna wrote:You look good when you have all your tier.
Everyone loves the fashionable rapebag.

Changed my mind. -1 for that.
You have a point.

But then night elves only look good dead.

(and sorry if I tread on any toes but I am well known for my hate of night elves)
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

Jiranthos
Admin

#110 » Post by Jiranthos » 14 Apr 2016 10:13

Nephyx wrote:I see that the majority of people who are against this talk that it is not blizzlike to implement this feature and basically that we would look like some kind of a fun server.

Well, I must say that this is not just some randomly made up idea, it is actually an official blizzlike feature, just slightly modified so it can run on a WotLK client as well. It is present on retail since Cataclysm, and since it is known that we are not going to update to Cata any time soon, I think this is a perfect opportunity to have some feature, which was present in later expansion, added to our current one.

That being said, even, if it would be possible to add another blizzlike features which were present in later expansions (rated battlegrounds for example) I would agree with the implementation of them, because after all, it would just enhance our gameplay and gave us something else to do as other people mentioned.

Anyway, Blizzard implemented new content/updates by patching the client, we are not doing that, however we can modify it, so we can get newer features even while running an older expansion. That is good thing in my opinion.

Regards.
Now I wish we had pet battles. I'd show you all! :D

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Wilcox

#111 » Post by Wilcox » 14 Apr 2016 10:20

Jiranthos wrote: Now I wish we had pet battles. I'd show you all! :D
i can be your pet and battle your enemies. <3

Gnurg

#112 » Post by Gnurg » 14 Apr 2016 11:03

Pet battle would be a very complex future to add, I'd guess. Not that it is particular interrestng anyways, except for the easy leveling that comes with it.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Jiranthos
Admin

#113 » Post by Jiranthos » 14 Apr 2016 11:10

Gnurg wrote:Pet battle would be a very complex future to add, I'd guess. Not that it is particular interrestng anyways, except for the easy leveling that comes with it.
I only like it for the "not particular interesting" part, not xp or anything else. I actually like the combat and having to have different types of pokem--- I mean pets counter each other and tactical turn based strategy.

Also it was a joke and redundant now since I have Wilcox now. Fear me.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

RayBow

#114 » Post by RayBow » 14 Apr 2016 11:14

I wanted transmog for a long time now and I think it would be great addition to our otherwise aging and content stale server.

Some pros I can think of:

- its purely cosmetic so it doesn't really effect "blizzlike" (or what ever the hell that means) experience
- it would give more initiative to people to play old content more vs 24/7 ICC/RS raiding we are doing now
- it would help keep old bored on the verge of quitting players little bit more occupied and give them something to do for a while
- it would reward all those players who already have sizeable collection of unique gear as they would have some use for it now

I really wish there will be some kinda vote on this matter before final decision is made so that majority can decide instead basing decision based on feedback from just few loud forum active players.

Matsy

#115 » Post by Matsy » 14 Apr 2016 11:58

RayBow wrote:I wanted transmog for a long time now and I think it would be great addition to our otherwise aging and content stale server.

Some pros I can think of:

- its purely cosmetic so it doesn't really effect "blizzlike" (or what ever the hell that means) experience
- it would give more initiative to people to play old content more vs 24/7 ICC/RS raiding we are doing now
- it would help keep old bored on the verge of quitting players little bit more occupied and give them something to do for a while
- it would reward all those players who already have sizeable collection of unique gear as they would have some use for it now

I really wish there will be some kinda vote on this matter before final decision is made so that majority can decide instead basing decision based on feedback from just few loud forum active players.
Dont worry, was mentioned there needs to be a 2/3 split for the feature for it to be added. Seems to be enough peoples for it.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Marksman Troll Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Fastor

#116 » Post by Fastor » 14 Apr 2016 12:06

Only thing l dont understand here is, why people dont realize that this is voting for just one week and not for permanent?

Matsy

#117 » Post by Matsy » 14 Apr 2016 12:17

Fastor wrote:Only thing l dont understand here is, why people dont realize that this is voting for just one week and not for permanent?
Because they think that 1 week is going to somehow hurt the server and push people away cos OMG FUN SERVER!!!!!!!! :roll:
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Marksman Troll Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

SomethingWitty

#118 » Post by SomethingWitty » 14 Apr 2016 13:34

+1

Blizzard designs were the best during vanilla/tbc, started going downhill during wotlk.

Gimme bloodfang set with glaives...hnnnnnggg.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

Sale

#119 » Post by Sale » 14 Apr 2016 17:07

+1

Dje - Spark - Djejah - Ulyssess - Apocalypsion - Alida
~*Guild Master of Inquisition*~

kaster

#120 » Post by kaster » 14 Apr 2016 17:26

I think this is a perfect opportunity to have some feature, which was present in later expansion, added to our current one.
How about AOE loot feature then? It's not game breaking, it's blizzlike (in your terms, since it was added in the later patch) and it solves one of the most annoying parts of playing WoW (at least PvE part)?

Also, if possible, answer the question I've raised previously: what is the problem you're trying to solve by introducing transmogrification?
Increasing the player base (because people refuse to play on the server without tranmogrification)? Keeping the old players playing longer (because they've got everything they wanted and don't see any reason to continue playing)? Keeping developers busy because everything what could have been done is already done, all bugs fixed, all content scripted?