[TW] Reduce rating requirement of arena rewards

Boxis
Donor

Re: [TW] Reduce rating requirement of arena rewards

#16 » Post by Boxis » 25 Apr 2016 21:07

I am for reducing the rating requirement of Vengeful shoulders.

Kappa

Dysphoria

#17 » Post by Dysphoria » 25 Apr 2016 21:50

Its ok for me too but you will just make ppl get gear faster and stop playing arenas at all... like now many ppl play to 1800 and than stay in BGs forever ... This server have low pop and this little number of people have like 80% PvE players. Simply no enough pvpers . Many of them left server due to no activity and unbalance with all SM. Like every team in top 10 have SM.
Recken Destruction

Aggressive

#18 » Post by Aggressive » 25 Apr 2016 22:45

Since 2200 is reasonable rating requirement, maybe make t2 and wf tabard 2200 as well but what Vaen suggested is also ok so +1 from me. (Note that also those people who reach 2000 rating with some characters also have alts so they might queue with them after reaching 2000 on some characters.)

Naljs

#19 » Post by Naljs » 25 Apr 2016 23:03

I like this idea for one reason: <insert a lot of censored, harsh words here> the Shadowmourners and show them that their 900 resilience equals death in real pvp! 90% of the pvp community is carried by overpowered pve gear (compared to what people can reach and achieve in pvp with current high rating requirements), pvp here might even become interesting again if this suggestion makes it through. So +1
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Shaharan

#20 » Post by Shaharan » 25 Apr 2016 23:24

This really makes sense. As someone who is I believe extremely active in pvp (specially arena) on this server, I can tell you that at higher ratings it almost becomes impossible to have consistent games with others in the same rating bracket simply due to the low number of teams present there.
upvoting this + 1 vaen

ItchyVortex

#21 » Post by ItchyVortex » 25 Apr 2016 23:34

+1
Extensive reasoning was provided by some of the best and most active players on TW, nothing I can say would add into it except that I agree with it.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Justicelight
Donor

#22 » Post by Justicelight » 25 Apr 2016 23:41

This suggestion is not that bad.

Altough WF shoulders are only for cosmetics and achievement for some classes because we have the PvE alternative, this doesn't mean they should be handed even easier than it is now.

If you will drop the requirements as this topic says, I suggest you lower the amount of rating a team wins/loses after an arena game by half. While this suggestion will lower the limit that is needed to be reached, lowering the amount gained/lost would put people with close rating in more often fights hence arena queues will be accelerated.

Imagine this like a fish pond. At the moment, we have a huge pond (arena requirement) and few fishes (players queueing). Once you lower the "fish pond", the fishes (players queueing) will meet more often. Keeping the same arena rating win/lose would make the "fish" interaction be more critical, unbalance will be created. But if you lower the arena rating win/lose numbers the impact between "fish" interaction would be attenuated, resulting in a lighter pressure on the shoulders of losers, which will indirectly make them queue more often since they won't lose that much rating as before, so why not give it a second try vs a certain team.

Just my 3 cents :P

+1
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

spoooky

#23 » Post by spoooky » 26 Apr 2016 05:55

Instead of doing all that mambo-jumbo why not do these simple things to make arena fair for all:
1. Remove sm from arena completely (wotlk was never meant to last long enough for 200+ players to have it, which in our case is almost all the server)
2. Fix arena's los (its stupid and lame having warrs charge, rogues shadoswtep, mages poly, ext... all literally through walls in arena, ive cc'ed ppl the same way so its on me too)
3. If ppl are gonna cry about their sm, i would suggest removing the arena's already implemented 10% heal reduce (sure this might be abit too far, but all anyone can see in top rated teams are super sm or hc pve geared ppl) -->(not opting to remove pve gear from arena)
*side note*
4. Fix DKs Scourge Strike (1.5k max crit at lvl 80 with full gears, srsly?:S)

Now concerning what Vaen wrote, I honestly wouldn't like to see things change and its pretty good the way it is, meaning I do want to work my way up to 2.2k someday and earn it instead of having it given to me on a silver platter, im not an amazing pvp player like many others here but i do know my stuff and have put up good fights here and there, and the thing is I always like to learn and improve and by having things change to lower, all I gotta do now is put minimal effort and eventually ill get it.

But in the end that's just solely my opinion for me, concerning this server and how it is im with Vaen 100% and its a +1 from me to do this, might as well after all.
Peace is lie, there is only Passion. Through Passion, i gain Strength. Through Strength i gain Power. Through Power i gain Victory. Through Victory,my chains are broken . The Force shall free me.

Spuky Eele pve/Resto pvp
Kold Ret pve/Holy pvp
Spuks Balance pve/ Resto pvp

Dysphoria

#24 » Post by Dysphoria » 26 Apr 2016 16:43

spoooky wrote:Instead of doing all that mambo-jumbo why not do these simple things to make arena fair for all:
1. Remove sm from arena completely (wotlk was never meant to last long enough for 200+ players to have it, which in our case is almost all the server)
2. Fix arena's los (its stupid and lame having warrs charge, rogues shadoswtep, mages poly, ext... all literally through walls in arena, ive cc'ed ppl the same way so its on me too)
3. If ppl are gonna cry about their sm, i would suggest removing the arena's already implemented 10% heal reduce (sure this might be abit too far, but all anyone can see in top rated teams are super sm or hc pve geared ppl) -->(not opting to remove pve gear from arena)
*side note*
4. Fix DKs Scourge Strike (1.5k max crit at lvl 80 with full gears, srsly?:S)

Now concerning what Vaen wrote, I honestly wouldn't like to see things change and its pretty good the way it is, meaning I do want to work my way up to 2.2k someday and earn it instead of having it given to me on a silver platter, im not an amazing pvp player like many others here but i do know my stuff and have put up good fights here and there, and the thing is I always like to learn and improve and by having things change to lower, all I gotta do now is put minimal effort and eventually ill get it.

But in the end that's just solely my opinion for me, concerning this server and how it is im with Vaen 100% and its a +1 from me to do this, might as well after all.
I think same way and would add that that cursed axe made situation where we have majority of platers its also kind of imbalance because ppl choose to play character with SM instead of rogue, mage ,shaman or boomy...
Recken Destruction

chickenbutt
Donor

#25 » Post by chickenbutt » 27 Apr 2016 09:29

Without getting off track I agree with Vaen's original post.

I also agree with Boxis.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Longi

#26 » Post by Longi » 27 Apr 2016 10:21

- remove rating for items, make it costs only honor so everybody can buy it people wont cry that some team have better gear than their team
- give people new reward system
- make arena season long 3 months, if team will be in first place 4 times in row , make for them spesial reward

2vs2
1 place : 200 web points, 10ooo golds, Wrathfull gladiator tittle. mount from wotlk season, Acces to basic pvp weapons, based on personal + team rating
2 place: 100 web points, 5ooo golds, duelist tittle, slower mount , acces to basic weapons, based on personal + team rating
3 place : 50web points, 2500 golds, rival tittle , acces to basic pvp weaspons, based on personal + team rating
4 - 5 place : 750g, challenger tittle

- at least 10 active teaams to acces reward, Minimum matches per season

3vs3
1 place : 300 web points, 20ooo golds, Brutal gladiator tittle, mount from TBC season, acces to the best pvp weapons, based on personal + team rating
2 place: 150 web points, 10ooo golds, duelist tittle , slower mount from tbc season, acces to the best pvp weapons, based on personal + team rating
3 place : 75 web points, 5ooo golds, rival tittle, acces to the best pvp weapons, based on personal + team rating
4-5 place: 1ooog. challenger tittle

- at least 5 active teams to acces reward, minimum matches per season

5vs5
1 place : grand marshal / higt warlord tittles, 10% buff in bgs , some pet
2 place : commander / lieutenant general tittles , 7% buff in bgs, some pet
3 place : knight / stone guard tittles , 5 % buff in bgs , some pet
4 place : sergeant tittles , 3 % buff in bgs
5 place : private / scaut tittles , 1 % buff in bgs

and so on :D

keez
Donor

#27 » Post by keez » 27 Apr 2016 23:54

I didnt expect to read anything reasonable in that suggestion from you Sammara since you didnt play more than 10 arenas in your life xD
But atleast it gave me a good laugh

Koriach

#28 » Post by Koriach » 28 Apr 2016 09:39

keez wrote:I didnt expect to read anything reasonable in that suggestion from you Sammara since you didnt play more than 10 arenas in your life xD
But atleast it gave me a good laugh
I took his post as sarcasm cause of how people make so many demands lately. :shock:

Wilcox

#29 » Post by Wilcox » 28 Apr 2016 10:57

longi wrote:- remove rating for items, make it costs only honor so everybody can buy it people wont cry that some team have better gear than their team
- give people new reward system
- make arena season long 3 months, if team will be in first place 4 times in row , make for them spesial reward

2vs2
1 place : 200 web points, 10ooo golds, Wrathfull gladiator tittle. mount from wotlk season, Acces to basic pvp weapons, based on personal + team rating
2 place: 100 web points, 5ooo golds, duelist tittle, slower mount , acces to basic weapons, based on personal + team rating
3 place : 50web points, 2500 golds, rival tittle , acces to basic pvp weaspons, based on personal + team rating
4 - 5 place : 750g, challenger tittle

- at least 10 active teaams to acces reward, Minimum matches per season

3vs3
1 place : 300 web points, 20ooo golds, Brutal gladiator tittle, mount from TBC season, acces to the best pvp weapons, based on personal + team rating
2 place: 150 web points, 10ooo golds, duelist tittle , slower mount from tbc season, acces to the best pvp weapons, based on personal + team rating
3 place : 75 web points, 5ooo golds, rival tittle, acces to the best pvp weapons, based on personal + team rating
4-5 place: 1ooog. challenger tittle

5vs5
1 place : grand marshal / higt warlord tittles, 10% buff in bgs , some pet
2 place : commander / lieutenant general tittles , 7% buff in bgs, some pet
3 place : knight / stone guard tittles , 5 % buff in bgs , some pet
4 place : sergeant tittles , 3 % buff in bgs
5 place : private / scaut tittles , 1 % buff in bgs

and so on :D
rofl are you out of your fucking mind bruh? get the fuck out of tw ;D

ItchyVortex

#30 » Post by ItchyVortex » 28 Apr 2016 11:17

Wilcox wrote:rofl are you out of your fucking mind bruh? get the fuck out of tw ;D
[youtube]_x8e8QwPofc[/youtube]
To be honest awarding some web points to top arena ranks isn't a terrible idea.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest