[Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

x00er00

Re: [Suggestion] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

#31 » Post by x00er00 » 13 Aug 2016 21:51

I totally agree with Iceshock , we learned we struggled we progressed and it is doable , but you need to have a dedicated core of players who don't die to stupid mistakes . Lk is supposed to be one of the hardest encounters in the game and now that is fixed what ? Peoples want shiny purple ilvl 284 hc weapons so they can brag .....
As far as casting my vote to this suggestion is a big fat NO NO NO ( -1 ) <----- wish i could minus 100
Well i cannot really stop myself from taking into account the fact the peoples who voted yes to this are at least from where the actual Horde side players are concerned in a situation of their own making due to the fact that due to personal failures , peoples not showing up for raids , drama and mostly a lack of dedication of certain parties they are into the current situation......
Please don't look at the above lines as into a desire to bash the horde i am asking the players what will happen when not even with 25% buff or even 30% buff peoples don't manage to down LK ? <--- We will increase the buff to 100% ?
Better think of the solution instead of the problem.
mAtH

Bloodshade

#32 » Post by Bloodshade » 13 Aug 2016 21:54

+1, I think you should just make it 30% as it is in any other server.. but I guess this is something.
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Bloodshade

#33 » Post by Bloodshade » 13 Aug 2016 21:58

x00er00 wrote:I totally agree with Iceshock , we learned we struggled we progressed and it is doable , but you need to have a dedicated core of players who don't die to stupid mistakes . Lk is supposed to be one of the hardest encounters in the game and now that is fixed what ? Peoples want shiny purple ilvl 284 hc weapons so they can brag .....
As far as casting my vote to this suggestion is a big fat NO NO NO ( -1 ) <----- wish i could minus 100
Well i cannot really stop myself from taking into account the fact the peoples who voted yes to this are at least from where the actual Horde side players are concerned in a situation of their own making due to the fact that due to personal failures , peoples not showing up for raids , drama and mostly a lack of dedication of certain parties they are into the current situation......
Please don't look at the above lines as into a desire to bash the horde i am asking the players what will happen when not even with 25% buff or even 30% buff peoples don't manage to down LK ? <--- We will increase the buff to 100% ?
Better think of the solution instead of the problem.
mAtH
This isn't like it isn't blizzlike. It was 30% by the end of WOTLK in retail, so I don't see the problem really. TBH my main problem with ICC is the boring trash mobs that take AGES and their weekly improvements make it even more boring and depressing to kill. Having a normal 30% buff or atleast 25% will atleast make it a bit faster.
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Enigma

#34 » Post by Enigma » 13 Aug 2016 22:06

+1
" From this buried well of consciousness(...)
Everyone becomes anonymous"

Elena Siegman - Always running

Wilcox

#35 » Post by Wilcox » 13 Aug 2016 22:30

changing my vote to +1 after reading Skye's post
Last edited by Wilcox on 14 Aug 2016 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

Saddie

#36 » Post by Saddie » 13 Aug 2016 22:38

I fail to see how 5% will make people suddenly stop sucking, if they do terrible dps with 20%, they will just suck 5% less with the buff increase, I already stated in the previous thread why I was against this, but in the end just do as you see fit, still, I doubt 5% buff will make any difference when the majority of people I've seen doing icc over the past months can hardly pull 6-7k dps on geared toons - and also as I stated in the previous thread, the buff was increased to 30% in retail towards the final months before moving to cata so those who had not cleared icc would have the chance, so stop using the "retail did it" as an excuse when you clearly miss the reason why they increased it.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#37 » Post by Dymond » 13 Aug 2016 23:25

Reminder, this is not a flaming war it is just a poll. -1 or +1 is all that is needed.

btw +1 :tick: for me.
“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.

Confucius”

AymaneShadow

#38 » Post by AymaneShadow » 13 Aug 2016 23:41

Why not give raid leader the power to choose which difficulty to do? this will literally stop all QQing.

Everyone will be happy, power will be indeed in the hands of players, go democracy.

Give the npc all of the buffs: 0%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 25% or 30%. Default mode should be 25% or 30% so that players who don't even know that this npc exists and do make ICC raids won't notice anything.

And while we're at it please disable the option that allows any raid member to disable ICC buff. Only raid leader should have this power, to avoid mistakes that cost 30min of wait time if not the rest of the raid, and of course trolling.

Peace.

Royo

#39 » Post by Royo » 13 Aug 2016 23:43

Dymond wrote:Reminder, this is not a flaming war it is just a poll. -1 or +1 is all that is needed.

btw +1 :tick: for me.
Nobody is flaming, from what I see. All I see are posts as to why it isn't needed, which is what, you all, as the staff want, right?
and if you can please also justify your vote.

OT: I like AymaneShadow's idea. The power to choose up to a certain 'increase' so long as it stays within the range, in this case, I guess never exceeding whatever % increase the poll passes.

Nyeriah

#40 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Aug 2016 23:57

Justifying the vote is not mandatory though yes, it's better if it's done if possible.

Also please clearly state if you're favorable or not by the +1 and -1 stuff so we can count the votes with more ease, preferably by the start of your messages

benta

#41 » Post by benta » 14 Aug 2016 00:04

belendor

#42 » Post by belendor » 14 Aug 2016 00:07

I kinda feel bad to say this but +1 prolly cus im unactive, if u adked me this question last 4 years it was a -1
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

kermo14k

#43 » Post by kermo14k » 14 Aug 2016 01:13

Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

alexiepower

#44 » Post by alexiepower » 14 Aug 2016 04:25

-1... for obvious reasons. Its not like it will increase the population anyway...and if other top guilds like divinity hr etc have trouble gathering ppl this wont increase their amount of players. Pugs n lower guilds who havent yet killed lk wont kill it just cuz of 5% lol so its kinda useless to change the challenge lk is just cuz some things are fixed.
Yul Holy/Discipline Priest

Nyeriah

#45 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Aug 2016 06:35

+1

This isn't about increasing the population or favoring any decaying guild to progress, it's about motivating people to try. I completely understand that there's a group of players that likes to do harder content and are more than happy with the challenges, but at the same time everything else around's withering.

We all have our goals and things we aim for, things we like doing and motivate us to play. Some players raid for the progression and competition, some raid because they like to spend time with their friends, some raid because the role they play is fun and they enjoy what they do, and some are there just for the loot and spoils. Some motivations are less honorable than others but they're all equally valid reasons to play the game and that's what brings them fun.

Now we don't really have the population we had erstwhile when guilds were progressing towards LK25hc. And regardless, this isn't about the Lich King only anyway. What's there of life left on this server out of the specific group of players that clears Icecrown Citadel every week? I know how good the thrill of the challenge feels, but I also can't neglect that there are also vast demographic groups that aren't there for the challenge.

I am sorry if I sound blunt, and I am in no way advocating in favor of people who put no effort into anything they do whatsoever, but that's how the reality is and that's why people were frustrated to the point of leaving, and that's what will continue to happen.

When I came to this server a vast majority of players were BiS geared out of farming defunct bosses. Putricide's oozes could be feared, stunned, the whole thing, Sindragosa's tombs didn't work. Several bugs and abuses existed and they were vastly abused. If you dared not abusing, you'd get frowned upon and likely yelled at. I lived through that, my GC friends lived through that, we just called it the TW way of raiding. I confess that I spent a large part of my time after the merge reporting and dealing with these major abuses, just to have the pleasure of pissing off those who were far too used to the easy life and getting things without effort, it was specially rewarding, in some way...

A couple of years later and thanks to the work of several people who worked reporting and fixing issues, contributing to making our scripts way, way more accurate we finally have one of the best scripted Icecrown Citadels out of all private servers. But what's the point of having that if there won't be people to enjoy it? It's rather sad and disappointing.

Now, what exactly is the kind of player we want in our server? The first thing hardcore players ask whenever they start playing on a new server and join a guild is how much content they're able to clear. Nowadays, I dare say they'll not be given an answer of their liking to that question. They quickly move away, or more to another guild that shows better progress. But what if there's no better progress? We're naturally more prone to receive casual players and players who stick around due to habit rather than those who seek challenging PvE. But then again, casuals don't quite find an environment comfortable enough to them. In the end, neither do we retain the casuals nor the hardcore players.

There are many things that keep a server alive. PvP is by far one of them, but that seems more and more like a lost cause to us so the PvE scene is all that there is left keeping us together. Now I know that this is also a double edged blade, but it's quite simple, no rocket science guys, no content being done equals dead server. If players can't PvP and they also get little to nothing of PvE then they really won't be sticking around for long. Probably only as long as their friends are still playing, but everyone's passion tends to burn away with time.

I had little experience with the alliance all those years, so I can't really speak for them as I probably am able to speak for the horde. I don't exactly know what the current situation is, I just hear that Divinity left the server pretty much and Inquisition is the only guild capable of clearing content. At horde we have Hellraisers and outside Hellraisers there are no other "major" guilds left.

If horde manages to do 2-3 25hcs a week as a whole (not even mentioning guilds), that's already very optimistic. If you consider that these runs often also show no progress at all whatsoever and can barely stick to the usual boss farming then you'll probably end up figuring we have a problem.

If a faction as a whole can't pull their strings together and seems rather decaying then that really only shows a rather not bright future to the server.

But anyway, I don't see this suggestion as something that will save the server or all of sudden breath life into things again. I honestly even agree to the argument that this may not change anything at all, but for all that matters, it should serve as an incentive for people to keep trying. I have no doubt we're facing a mentality issue here, I have no doubt that people would be able to overcome whatever challenges they need to, but I just doubt we have that much of time to spare for that.

If this is to, even if slightly, turn things better for our server then I'm wholeheartedly favorable to it and I sincerely hope those who're voting against this are able to picture the entire moment we're going through and perceive that this compromise is taken for the good of the community. It's what can be done to help keeping things together, I guess.

If anyone even bothers reading through all of this, then thanks for your time :)

Regards
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash