Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

Locked
User avatar
Regent
Tester
Posts: 365
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 16:11

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#136 » Post by Regent » 17 Dec 2016 21:11

WARNING:
Wall of text below. If you have a short attention span or lack reading comprehension skills (or both), don't bother reading further than this line. Your opinion won't matter anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's difficult to get do even RDF / RHC during peak hours and people still oppose this.
I've been in queue for the past 2 hours (level 80 as healer) and re-queued twice.
I even tried to make a premade RHC group but there simply aren't enough people interested or available (or both).
Mind you, this is during PEAK HOURS on a Saturday.
If it's that difficult to do RHC solo or try to make a premade group for it, then imagine what raid leaders go through while attempting to make raids.
And I don't think I need to mention what people from lower levels go through for RDF. Log in for a day, see their frustration and it will make sense.

My goodness, some of you (especially those of you on Horde living the high-life compared to Alliance right now) need to get a reality check and see how the PvE on Alliance is barely alive. I've seen both sides for the past several days (daily) and compared to the ghost town that is Alliance, Horde feels like a living, breathing city.
I should mention the 10-3 or 15-3 or 20-3 (Horde to Alliance ratio) of the RBG queue daily but since PvP is not part of this suggestion apparently, I'll forgo that discussion.

A mere handful of people have bothered to provide valid arguments to justify their opposition to this topic.
The rest are throwing in a clueless or brainless post consisting of 1 word (like "No" or "-1") and not bothering to read anyone's post on why it's badly needed.
I even saw someone saying, "Server is fine. Fix Alliance, not the server. It's not Horde's problem that Allies have no PvE anymore." Pair this with someone in this very topic saying, "Alliance needs leaders."
Exactly what are those so called leaders supposed to lead? Who are they supposed to lead? There's barely enough people left to lead, let alone form a coherent group of geared / intelligent players that can overcome heroic mode bosses or even normal mode bosses. There's always leavers / AFK'ers / offliners / idiots.
To replace those, you need more players. Alliance doesn't have any.
I don't know what else needs to be said to hammer that little fact into some people's heads here.

But anyway, okay. No problem. Soon we'll be at the same stage that PrimalWoW was (or maybe still is).
Let's just keep pretending that things are okay as long as the leaders of Divinity and Inquisition are logging in to make & lead raids once in a blue moon.

As long as HR, RoTs & SotN (along with whatever other guild and Horde in general) are having fun, what does it matter anyway?
Maybe once the flow of gear and frost emblems stops coming in, then the alarm bells might start ringing for some of you, by which point it will be too late anyway.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt

User avatar
Cocopuffs
Donor
Posts: 385
Joined: 14 Dec 2013 20:22
Location: Shadows of the Night

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#137 » Post by Cocopuffs » 17 Dec 2016 21:52

Regent wrote:WARNING:
Wall of text below. If you have a short attention span or lack reading comprehension skills (or both), don't bother reading further than this line. Your opinion won't matter anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(...)
As long as HR, RoTs & SotN (along with whatever other guild and Horde in general) are having fun, what does it matter anyway?
Maybe once the flow of gear and frost emblems stops coming in, then the alarm bells might start ringing for some of you, by which point it will be too late anyway.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

:tick: it's true, alliance has no one. doing onyxia10 with 4 people takes 10 minutes to gather. imagine that. a 4 player party.

User avatar
Mirramar
Donor
Posts: 21
Joined: 31 Jul 2013 17:19

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#138 » Post by Mirramar » 17 Dec 2016 22:31

Regent wrote:The rest are throwing in a clueless or brainless post consisting of 1 word (like "No" or "-1") and not bothering to read anyone's post on why it's badly needed.
I've been following the thread since it was created and don't think I need to repeat what's already been said. To make it clear, I think it will make more harm than good to the server. I just wanted to add my vote to the statistics.
TW
Mirramar Twinflower Freia Umami Mirramancer Mirrawr Mirr Marisha Mirrage Miika Idilia Josefin Melrose

PW
Curry

User avatar
Regent
Tester
Posts: 365
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 16:11

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#139 » Post by Regent » 17 Dec 2016 23:31

Mirramar wrote: I've been following the thread since it was created and don't think I need to repeat what's already been said. To make it clear, I think it will make more harm than good to the server. I just wanted to add my vote to the statistics.
And yet, nobody provided a concrete answer about WHY it will do more harm than good - including you.

People are saying that it will make some of the remaining players here leave (the ones who stay for the Blizzlike experience).
What exactly is Blizzlike about having Transmog on 3.3.5? (It was given because the majority wanted it, myself included and it's nice to have).
What exactly is Blizzlike about having a population of 100-150 during peak hours and 30-50 during non peak hours?
What exactly is Blizzlike about getting tier 2 s8 weapons + s8 shoulders from 2v2?
What exactly is Blizzlike about a non-existent 3v3 / 5v5 bracket?
Hell even 2v2 skirmish is dead here and it costs nothing to play (no gold, no rating, only a player's time and maybe their ego if they lose).

What about the people leaving or wanting to leave because of lack of activity / lack of people?
What about the people who already left before while the population wasn't as low as it is now?
Are they suddenly not important as well or does this server exist only to cater to the whims of purists who'd rather have their precious Blizzlike experience on an almost empty server during non peak hours (and barely alive during peak hours)?
Shall we just sit and watch while we lose the rest because people are tired of no raids / no dungeons / RDFs / being unable to gear up?

This game relies on group content to thrive. But to make groups you need people. I've said already, there's a severe lack of that here. Crossfaction PvE (or at least crossfaction RDF) at least addresses this problem by allowing people to continue playing rather than sitting around having nothing to do because of no people available to help them.

Sorry, you and the others like you need to come up with a better counter than "it will do more harm than good" because it says absolutely nothing while trying to sound like a legitimate argument, which ends up being counted as an actual "-1" vote based on zero evidence, anecdotes or experience of the overall situation.

Point being: the server needs to adapt to the needs of the population or it will die.
Blizzlike ideals are nice. But you can only afford to be Blizzlike long as you have enough people to let the community function under Blizzlike standards. Right now, PvE is nearly dead on Alliance. The biggest selling point of the game (endgame PvE) can't function on 1 side right now.. Either grease the wheels and get it rolling somehow or it will cease to function completely. Good luck reviving it then. Unless GD somehow dies tomorrow, nobody will ever pull that off, ever.
Last edited by Regent on 17 Dec 2016 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt

User avatar
Imagine
Donor
Posts: 52
Joined: 16 May 2011 19:03

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#140 » Post by Imagine » 17 Dec 2016 23:38

I will vote for starting Catalysm realm :P something new and interesting :)

User avatar
Garadan
Posts: 30
Joined: 12 Mar 2014 23:54

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#141 » Post by Garadan » 18 Dec 2016 01:22

Imagine wrote:I will vote for starting Catalysm realm :P something new and interesting :)
Something i have been thinking of.

We have been playing on this patch for too long,
Most people left, while another big group of players are playing and leveling on different servers, logging on TW only for raids, or to afk while playing somewhere else.
There is nothing to do. and nothing left to do.

In our current situation, what is the point of staying on the same patch forever, you do realize people are leaving faster than they're joining
Who do you have left on this server? 2 / 3 guilds on Horde and a broken Alliance faction
Let's assume a group of Horde players, players who influence others, decide to leave and go play somewhere else.

This crossfaction might help whoever feels like it's the best solution ever, but for a short while
consequences are still there,
We saw where everyone left, to cataclysm or newer and I didn't hear of people going to play Wrath again.
So please, do not give me famous Wrath speech that it's the best xpac and we can still get people, the people who really miss it and idk what other ideas you get...It ain't working anymore.

Feels the same as when the mainstream media tries to spit lies right in front of my face...

Maybe whoever wants to play Wrath, can go play on Primal and progress over there, I'm sure it would be a great experience for them to start again and do all these beautiful old raids till Wrath again.
Garadan from Garadar.

User avatar
Royo
Posts: 248
Joined: 14 Dec 2014 23:43

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#142 » Post by Royo » 18 Dec 2016 01:47

Imagine wrote:I will vote for starting Catalysm realm :P something new and interesting :)
We should have a poll for that. Back then, it was heavily hated by 90% of the population.

By now, I don't think it will receive half of the hate... I'd be all for it.

People need to wake up, and realize that upgrading is the way to go. It'll open a window of opportunity to try something new and exciting, all the meanwhile reeling in new players that want to play on a rightfully scripted Cataclysm (Yes, because the devs are pretty awesome at scripting, so I believe this can happen) expansion.

Don't be afraid of change, guys. What's different doesn't kill you.

User avatar
mcheka
Posts: 646
Joined: 20 Dec 2013 16:26

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#143 » Post by mcheka » 18 Dec 2016 12:07

One of the reasons some people went to a Cata realm is that there's no other good WotLK realm like TW around. There's Dalaran with awful bugs and forced progression, and the high rate pay2win GD.

Also, stop the pretense of a Cata being a switch you flip. A playable Cata realm is easily 1 year (or more) of heavy development out of reach, even if TW had the dev power (which atm it doesn't). The truth is that there's only one playable Cata realm, and it will likely be the only one that will ever exist, as sad as that sounds. TW can't compete.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

User avatar
Almualim
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Jun 2014 17:36

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#144 » Post by Almualim » 18 Dec 2016 13:24

+1 for Xfaction from a PVE point of view

User avatar
Mirramar
Donor
Posts: 21
Joined: 31 Jul 2013 17:19

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#145 » Post by Mirramar » 18 Dec 2016 18:40

Regent wrote:Sorry, you and the others like you need to come up with a better counter than "it will do more harm than good" because it says absolutely nothing while trying to sound like a legitimate argument, which ends up being counted as an actual "-1" vote based on zero evidence, anecdotes or experience of the overall situation.
My argument wasn't that it will make more harm than good. As I said, I dont think I need to repeat further what someone else already brought up in a previous post. Either way I just posted to put my vote out there, no matter the outcome.
TW
Mirramar Twinflower Freia Umami Mirramancer Mirrawr Mirr Marisha Mirrage Miika Idilia Josefin Melrose

PW
Curry

User avatar
chickenbutt
Donor
Posts: 1572
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 17:57
Location: IKEAland

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#146 » Post by chickenbutt » 18 Dec 2016 23:07

Regent wrote:
Mirramar wrote: I've been following the thread since it was created and don't think I need to repeat what's already been said. To make it clear, I think it will make more harm than good to the server. I just wanted to add my vote to the statistics.
And yet, nobody provided a concrete answer about WHY it will do more harm than good - including you.

People are saying that it will make some of the remaining players here leave (the ones who stay for the Blizzlike experience).
What exactly is Blizzlike about having Transmog on 3.3.5? (It was given because the majority wanted it, myself included and it's nice to have).
What exactly is Blizzlike about having a population of 100-150 during peak hours and 30-50 during non peak hours?
What exactly is Blizzlike about getting tier 2 s8 weapons + s8 shoulders from 2v2?
What exactly is Blizzlike about a non-existent 3v3 / 5v5 bracket?
Hell even 2v2 skirmish is dead here and it costs nothing to play (no gold, no rating, only a player's time and maybe their ego if they lose).

What about the people leaving or wanting to leave because of lack of activity / lack of people?
What about the people who already left before while the population wasn't as low as it is now?
Are they suddenly not important as well or does this server exist only to cater to the whims of purists who'd rather have their precious Blizzlike experience on an almost empty server during non peak hours (and barely alive during peak hours)?
Shall we just sit and watch while we lose the rest because people are tired of no raids / no dungeons / RDFs / being unable to gear up?

This game relies on group content to thrive. But to make groups you need people. I've said already, there's a severe lack of that here. Crossfaction PvE (or at least crossfaction RDF) at least addresses this problem by allowing people to continue playing rather than sitting around having nothing to do because of no people available to help them.

Sorry, you and the others like you need to come up with a better counter than "it will do more harm than good" because it says absolutely nothing while trying to sound like a legitimate argument, which ends up being counted as an actual "-1" vote based on zero evidence, anecdotes or experience of the overall situation.

Point being: the server needs to adapt to the needs of the population or it will die.
Blizzlike ideals are nice. But you can only afford to be Blizzlike long as you have enough people to let the community function under Blizzlike standards. Right now, PvE is nearly dead on Alliance. The biggest selling point of the game (endgame PvE) can't function on 1 side right now.. Either grease the wheels and get it rolling somehow or it will cease to function completely. Good luck reviving it then. Unless GD somehow dies tomorrow, nobody will ever pull that off, ever.
You hit the nail on the head with this, brilliant post
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

User avatar
Koriach
Posts: 158
Joined: 23 Jul 2013 11:49

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#147 » Post by Koriach » 18 Dec 2016 23:25

Mirramar wrote:To make it clear, I think it will make more harm than good to the server.
Mirramar wrote:My argument wasn't that it will make more harm than good.
Huh?!

Anyway, leaving that aside +1 for this suggestion. Regent covered everything pretty much in his post.

User avatar
Ragnorak
Donor
Posts: 1053
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 16:39

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#148 » Post by Ragnorak » 19 Dec 2016 00:22

Man I just think it's cute that Inquisition (The self-proclaimed "Best PvE Guild on TrueWoW" lol) single handedly destroyed the Alliance faction through countless acts of abusing GM powers, abusing raid instances, and forcing Divinity to leave TrueWoW. Then they themselves decide to pack their bags and leave TW because I guess getting away with nonstop abuse wasn't good enough for them or probably their self-inflated delusions of grandeur was just too big for TrueWoW. Now that the Alliance is left in shambles due to Inquisition and the lack of proper GM intervention we're now tallking about bringing in Cross-Faction and Hellraisers/Raiders on the Storm are painted as the bad guys for not being 100% for this suggestion even though Inquisition were the ones that decided to implode the stability of the alliance faction and we're the ones forced to suffer the consequences of ally incompetence and greed.

It is just so rich that Gnurg of all people otherwise known as Inquisition's lapdog is the one to suggest cross faction without even acknowledging that she was one of the causes of the problems in the first place. Where was Gnurg to call out Palamaster for harassing Divinity's raids? Where was any of Inquisitions guild members? Everyone was happy to be silent about it as long as the GM abuse helped Inquisition out even though their short-sightedness led to the collapse of the Alliance. I haven't been following this topic much just because I found it laughable that hypocrites like Gnurg are trying to lecture people on "what's best for the server" and then attack people who are against this suggestion.

Cross faction is only a bandaid for the symptom and it wont cure the underlying disease of massive faction imbalance and record low server population thanks to Inquisition. It may stop the bleeding temporarily but most likely nothing will change because of it so don't kid yourselves into believing that this is the be-all and end-all solution.

My biggest issue with Cross Faction is not because I have to deal with Alliance on my world chat or having them begging to join our raids. It's the fact that once implemented there is no turning back. And one of the key aspects of WoW which is faction rivalry essentially gets killed off which is just one less reason to continue logging onto TrueWoW.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

User avatar
x00er00
Posts: 53
Joined: 20 Dec 2013 20:58
Location: Bucharest
Contact:

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#149 » Post by x00er00 » 19 Dec 2016 01:34

To the matter at hand i cast my vote as a + 1 for x faction.
Now on to the second matter : Ragnorak
If you ever felt that Inquisition was helped by Gms why didn't you or any of your cronies reported the culprits ( supposed culprits that is ) to Roel ? Where you afraid you where going to make fool of yourselves ? Acts of abusing GM power - when you can't reach the grapes you will say that they are sour ... name those acts and don't forget to bring proof....
Divinity left the server due to Rohan the crazy ego and greed not due to harassment.....
We destroyed the Alliance ? Alliance was holding on a hope and a prayer long before inquisition breathed new life into the PvE and the PvP of Truewow... the factors that destroyed the alliance did not originate within the Inquisition or because of what
we did... so cast the blame somewhere else ... maybe in the horde's yard ?
Name one raid we abused..... you are spewing baseless claims in order to start drama .... Fact is we are better at PvE then HR will ever hope to be .... you where the ones who got RF: Light of Dawn by abusing a half scripted LK25hc :p you have amnesia and you forget how you got that ?
As a lot of GMS said time and again you don't deserve those RF's you got ...
When HR will get 28 in a row lk25 hc kills and on top of those 1 more full icc 25hc without a buff run and posts the pertinent filmed proof then you can dare to say you are our equals. Until then you are just barking Ragnorak and no one is listening.....You know full well you will never be able to do that .
We have no illusions of grandeur we had bested all content there was to defeat from Naxx to RS25hc ... can you claim the same ? last i heard Virdo neeed some tips and alot of wipes to get to kill poor old Halion.
We have our reasons for which we went away ... but is amusing to see that Arock , Arnis and you of all ppls are crawling out of the sewers ... where were you all when HR needed you ? ....nowhere to be found...
Gnurg is a lapdog ? no Ragnorak the only lapdog that is thrown some morsels out of the HR raiding table is you Ragnoak and you are sent over to the forums so you can bark and prove your loyalty to your masters.
Image

User avatar
Gnurg
Posts: 2397
Joined: 28 Jan 2013 19:38
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#150 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Dec 2016 01:39

Ragnorak wrote:Man I just think it's cute that Inquisition (The self-proclaimed "Best PvE Guild on TrueWoW" lol) single handedly destroyed the Alliance faction through countless acts of abusing GM powers, abusing raid instances, and forcing Divinity to leave TrueWoW. Then they themselves decide to pack their bags and leave TW because I guess getting away with nonstop abuse wasn't good enough for them or probably their self-inflated delusions of grandeur was just too big for TrueWoW. Now that the Alliance is left in shambles due to Inquisition and the lack of proper GM intervention we're now tallking about bringing in Cross-Faction and Hellraisers/Raiders on the Storm are painted as the bad guys for not being 100% for this suggestion even though Inquisition were the ones that decided to implode the stability of the alliance faction and we're the ones forced to suffer the consequences of ally incompetence and greed.

It is just so rich that Gnurg of all people otherwise known as Inquisition's lapdog is the one to suggest cross faction without even acknowledging that she was one of the causes of the problems in the first place. Where was Gnurg to call out Palamaster for harassing Divinity's raids? Where was any of Inquisitions guild members? Everyone was happy to be silent about it as long as the GM abuse helped Inquisition out even though their short-sightedness led to the collapse of the Alliance. I haven't been following this topic much just because I found it laughable that hypocrites like Gnurg are trying to lecture people on "what's best for the server" and then attack people who are against this suggestion.

Cross faction is only a bandaid for the symptom and it wont cure the underlying disease of massive faction imbalance and record low server population thanks to Inquisition. It may stop the bleeding temporarily but most likely nothing will change because of it so don't kid yourselves into believing that this is the be-all and end-all solution.

My biggest issue with Cross Faction is not because I have to deal with Alliance on my world chat or having them begging to join our raids. It's the fact that once implemented there is no turning back. And one of the key aspects of WoW which is faction rivalry essentially gets killed off which is just one less reason to continue logging onto TrueWoW.
I didn't raid too much with Inquisition after Palamaster became a Game Master, with the exceptions of the few Ulduar runs we had during spring, so I am not familiar with what has happened between those two guilds. I recall officers trash-talked Divinity on the mumble during some of the raids about how they were dealing with x boss, which might suggest that they were atleast spying. More than that, I don't really know.

I've looked through my responses in this thread, maybe I overlooked some, but I don't think I've attacked anyone in disfavour of the suggestion. I did encourage for people to write their opinion (can be only a +/- 1, if they don't want to write more) here rather than going through Virdo, but I wouldn't call that an attack? If it was the comment on Arock, I only asked him to not go off-topic, as he wanted me to respond to some completely different thread.

The cross-faction is just a setting you can enable/disable. It is easily reverseable by the technical aspect, making it possible to test it over a limited time, to see if we could over come each other.

I agree that this is only a band-aid, and that's why I suggested this once more. Alliance is at an all time low with 20-30 80s online at peak hours. Last time it was suggested, the roles were reversed, Horde were having a rough time while the Alliance basked in glory. Amorian (Hellraisers?) suggested it, and of course the big names of the Alliance were against it (ironically they're in favour of it now). Most of those big names are gone now, and the ones who are left are the ones who really enjoy playing on TrueWoW and were in favour of cross-faction both times, because they don't mind if they raid with Horde or Alliance. I know it might it take away the rivalry aspect, but I am afraid there soon won't be much rivalry left when one side dies out because of starvation of things to do due to lack of players. It is working well on PW, so I would encourage you to try it for a limited time, as it's, as mentioned, reverseable.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest