[Accepted] One single Cross-Faction channel

User avatar
Enigma
Posts: 30
Joined: 06 Jan 2014 18:28

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#16 » Post by Enigma » 28 Dec 2016 19:46

+1 it would make things easier : )
" From this buried well of consciousness(...)
Everyone becomes anonymous"

Elena Siegman - Always running

User avatar
Gnurg
Posts: 2392
Joined: 28 Jan 2013 19:38
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#17 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Dec 2016 20:58

I suppose I could make it check for a certain prefix, like "cf". Allowing people to make their own cross-faction chats.

Examples:
cfworld
cfpvp
cfcoolpeople
cfyoungsingles
cfprivate
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

User avatar
Longi
Posts: 754
Joined: 07 Jan 2014 11:14
Location: Cenarion Hold

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#18 » Post by Longi » 28 Dec 2016 22:27

you are making it too much complicated.... it starting looks like you want to apply this only because you want to have a private channel where you can chat with your friends from opposite fraction :D
  • World / Global ( what ever is main server channel) - Your first idea before you added milion shitty expansions to it
  • Trade Cross-fraction, It can improve economy a little, you know I want to sell some junk so both sides can see that
  • For the Alliance Channel for " private " chat for Ally side
  • For the Horde Channel for " private " chat for Horde side
you dont need milion different channels.....


Image



User avatar
Royo
Posts: 248
Joined: 14 Dec 2014 23:43

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#19 » Post by Royo » 28 Dec 2016 22:40

Gnurg wrote:I suppose I could make it check for a certain prefix, like "cf". Allowing people to make their own cross-faction chats.

Examples:
cfyoungsingles
I see you have a mission.

User avatar
Nyeriah

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#20 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Dec 2016 00:54

The reason why I don't like this is because it'll either divert people into using the new channel or people won't use it at all, defeating it's purpose in the first place. And if end up voicing themselves fine with this, then there's no reason to have just a single channel and not all of them.

User avatar
Gnurg
Posts: 2392
Joined: 28 Jan 2013 19:38
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#21 » Post by Gnurg » 29 Dec 2016 01:17

Nyeriah wrote:The reason why I don't like this is because it'll either divert people into using the new channel or people won't use it at all, defeating it's purpose in the first place. And if end up voicing themselves fine with this, then there's no reason to have just a single channel and not all of them.
That's kind of the idea about it, using it as a testing ground for whenever or not, we would like (forced, aka all) cross-faction channels. Should everyone join and have a jolly time, we could just make all channels cross-faction, but we don't really know if that's the case. Judging by what people have written in the other cross-faction suggestion, I would say forcing it on them would be a worse choice. Settling for this (temporarily?) approach would give them an introduction to cross-faction chat, where we hopefully can bring the community a bit closer together. :-)

I would say it's very easily revertable, so that shouldn't be a concern.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

User avatar
devil5000
Posts: 242
Joined: 17 May 2014 00:05

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#22 » Post by devil5000 » 29 Dec 2016 01:46

Royo wrote:
milanlord wrote: Yeah, you are right, especially for the Christmas which I don't celebrate lol :D Troll comment status - failed. Next time, when you try to be funny, try to come up with something better. :)
I guess you change religions just like you change factions.
Well his Christmas is set on 7th of January because Orthodox Christians use a Julian calendar and thats why he didnt celebrate the Christmas on 25th of December.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

User avatar
Longi
Posts: 754
Joined: 07 Jan 2014 11:14
Location: Cenarion Hold

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#23 » Post by Longi » 29 Dec 2016 02:02

Gnurg wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:The reason why I don't like this is because it'll either divert people into using the new channel or people won't use it at all, defeating it's purpose in the first place. And if end up voicing themselves fine with this, then there's no reason to have just a single channel and not all of them.
That's kind of the idea about it, using it as a testing ground for whenever or not, we would like (forced, aka all) cross-faction channels. Should everyone join and have a jolly time, we could just make all channels cross-faction, but we don't really know if that's the case. Judging by what people have written in the other cross-faction suggestion, I would say forcing it on them would be a worse choice. Settling for this (temporarily?) approach would give them an introduction to cross-faction chat, where we hopefully can bring the community a bit closer together. :-)

I would say it's very easily revertable, so that shouldn't be a concern.
DO THAT !
[hr=2][/hr]
Year 2017 will change your LIFE...
Are you already TIRED of all the OLD DRAMAS inside of Horde or Ally ?
Upcoming new season, new dramas...
.... 2017....
Dramas between hordes and alliance players...
....more fun at the forum / ingame...
....and much more...
....Next Year ....
Cross-Fraction 2017 is comming !
[hr=2][/hr]


Image



User avatar
blagovest_tonev
Posts: 288
Joined: 09 Oct 2013 17:26

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#24 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 29 Dec 2016 06:57

+1

User avatar
Rohit
Posts: 202
Joined: 29 Sep 2012 07:00

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#25 » Post by Rohit » 29 Dec 2016 07:15

I dreaded having this feature would make us lose a few of the members who are clearly against it but then cross faction RDF has started and I don't see how communication would be possible between them unless you open the required channels for it. Also the people who are still playing here want it implemented. So if this makes things a tad bit easier for them then why the hell not? The QQers have left or will leave anyway.

So a big +1 from me. :tick:
Character list:

Rohit Co-GM of Gentlemen Club - Holy PvP / Retribution PvE
Androgeus - Unholy PvE / Frost PvE
Xerses - Fury PvE / Protection PvE
Yantrik - Fire PvE
Feraligator - Restoration PvE / Feral PvE
Shamanz - Restoration PvE
Ameliorate - Shadow PvE / Discipline PvE
Hawkeyez - Marksmanship PvE
Zhingalala - Demonology PvE / Destruction PvE
Cryptian - Subtlety PvP 29 twink

Quit TW, amazing staff, REALLY!

User avatar
Floss
Posts: 463
Joined: 25 Jan 2014 20:46

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#26 » Post by Floss » 31 Dec 2016 15:45

Nyeriah wrote:The reason why I don't like this is because it'll either divert people into using the new channel or people won't use it at all, defeating it's purpose in the first place. And if end up voicing themselves fine with this, then there's no reason to have just a single channel and not all of them.
Let them choose for themselves.
It's not like i'll join global and leave the Ally world channel.

The best part is being able to choose w/e channel we want to be in.

There is no downside,think about it..

And just make it run for a bit we'll see.

This is the Xmas gift we're all anticipating.☺

User avatar
freehall2002
Posts: 76
Joined: 05 Jan 2015 20:18
Location: Bangladesh

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#27 » Post by freehall2002 » 31 Dec 2016 17:06

wow really server has xfaction rdf and rhc for all lvles?
Image

User avatar
Eronox
Honorary Member
Posts: 2327
Joined: 24 Apr 2016 11:03
Location: in ICC & Healing
Contact:

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#28 » Post by Eronox » 07 Jan 2017 02:35

if we are to have CF-RDF permannently, then I'm all in favor for this suggestion. Would be fun continue chatting with the people whom you just had a good run with :P
Last edited by Eronox on 07 Jan 2017 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash


User avatar
blagovest_tonev
Posts: 288
Joined: 09 Oct 2013 17:26

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#29 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 07 Jan 2017 09:01

Eronox wrote:if we are to have CF-RDF permannently, then I'm all in favor for this suggestion. Would be fun continue chatting with the people whom you just had a good run with :p
Not only having fun chatting with those players, but you would be able to tell everyone of the opposite faction to get queueing which will improve the RDF activity a lot, in my opinion.

User avatar
Eronox
Honorary Member
Posts: 2327
Joined: 24 Apr 2016 11:03
Location: in ICC & Healing
Contact:

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#30 » Post by Eronox » 07 Jan 2017 11:30

blagovest_tonev wrote:
Eronox wrote:if we are to have CF-RDF permannently, then I'm all in favor for this suggestion. Would be fun continue chatting with the people whom you just had a good run with :P
Not only having fun chatting with those players, but you would be able to tell everyone of the opposite faction to get queueing which will improve the RDF activity a lot, in my opinion.
Indeed a good addition!
.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash


Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests