Increase rested Experience bonus and always rested until 15

GotzenTeufel

Increase rested Experience bonus and always rested until 15

#1 » Post by GotzenTeufel » 11 Oct 2015 04:58

The intention behind the rested mechanic is to give players that play less have a chance to catch up with hardcore players but in my experience it's barely noticeable, emphasizing it might be a way to still stay (almost) entirely blizzlike but give players that work, have family etc. an incentive to try and stay on Primal.

So my Suggestion would be to increase the bonus XP from being rested along with rested accumulation to 4x times.

My second Suggestion would be to make Characters until level 15 always rested.

Reasoning behind this is that at level 15 you can both que for RDF and WSG which increases the likelihood to meet other players, which increases the likelihood to make friends, be invited to a guild or be asked to group together and que again all of which might hook new players that would otherwise abandon their character after just a few levels. (Which as far as I can tell by the server statistics many seem to do).

From personal experience I tend to play much longer than I should when I find a group that I like or people that are queuing repeatedly with me.

What makes WoW enjoyable is not the gameplay but the MMO experience which you don't have prior to 15. Also the levels in which you have nothing more than a single spell and buff and not even a talent point to look forward to are especially tedious, leveling from 1 to 10 feels much more tedious than leveling from 40 to 50 even though the latter takes longer.

It would also increase the incentive to create and not abandon toons which would be beneficial in giving new players the impression of a full server.

At the same time this would still be limited enough that players can't rush through vanilla content which means that you would still see other players questing and find players to RDF, see multiple zones and quests ...

Advantage of altering the rested mechanic instead of using 3x rates or something like that would be that Primal could still claim to be a server with blizzlike rates and the second advantage would be that only players that really don't or can't play frequently (after level 15 that is if both suggestions were to be implemented) would be affected.

GotzenTeufel

Re: Increase rested Experience bonus and always rested until

#2 » Post by GotzenTeufel » 11 Oct 2015 05:00

A bit of math:

With 1x Rested you gain one bubble (5%) per 8 hours.

With 4x times Rested this would be 4 bubbles (20%) per 8 hours.

Someone who play 4 hours per day (giving 20 hours of rest) and who always exploits his rested bonus would get half a level "for free" per day. (as opposed to 10%. I Think 50% is noticeable, 1/10 is not).

Someone who only plays on the weekend would accumulate around 3 levels to rush through with 4x times Experience. (as opposed to 3/4 of one level with 2x rates)

So overall not crazy but certainly noticeable, and only for those that do not play 24/7.

Relevant

#3 » Post by Relevant » 11 Oct 2015 07:11

Your math is a little confusing. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding. When you say 1x Rested, does that mean 2x xp rate? So does that mean when you say 4x Rested, that means 8x xp?

agrodon

#4 » Post by agrodon » 11 Oct 2015 08:52

Relevant wrote:Your math is a little confusing. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding. When you say 1x Rested, does that mean 2x xp rate? So does that mean when you say 4x Rested, that means 8x xp?
I think he means you'd have 4x as much rested exp being consumed twice as fast?

Dirtybertie

#5 » Post by Dirtybertie » 11 Oct 2015 10:05

Let people enjoying leveling and take there time , there really is no rush :p after you Get atunements and per raid bis there isent Much Else to do but raid , long pvp ques and alt leveling . But if people like that then go ahead :p

.landgin

#6 » Post by .landgin » 13 Oct 2015 14:40

I really dont know why people want to turn this into a "fun" server, leveling is already ridiculously easy