[Rejected] Vote Reward: Listing when something doesn't work.

jpwanabe

[Rejected] Vote Reward: Listing when something doesn't work.

#1 » Post by jpwanabe » 07 May 2011 20:22

I have now spent a total of 200 vote points on 2 pets that do not do what they say. If the reward for voting is only to get broken items I'm not sure its worth it. It's really annoying if you get something because of the description that the site links to, but it doesn't ANYTHING when you waste your points on it.

I've gotten the Soul Trader and the Rocket Chicken and neither do what clicking on their link in the vote section says they should do. Can you at least put a warning up that they don't work properly? Not every one is active on the forums.

Kisszek

Re: Vote Reward : Listing when something doesn't work.

#2 » Post by Kisszek » 07 May 2011 21:55

Even Lil K.T. is not makeing what it supposed to, but for KT its a ticket already on the tc forum.
Make 1 for all of the buged and they maybe fix it, but its 1 of the lowest priority thing on their list.
Characters:Kisszek- Tauren Shamy
Rakuuhwa- Tauren Druid
Birdofhermes -Gnome Death Knight
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ellopták az alisok a tankot.
Madarat tolláról, embert desktopjáról.
"Ami nem pusztí­t el, az acéllá kovácsol!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powdered

#3 » Post by Powdered » 07 May 2011 23:35

jpwanabe wrote:I have now spent a total of 200 vote points on 2 pets that do not do what they say. If the reward for voting is only to get broken items I'm not sure its worth it. It's really annoying if you get something because of the description that the site links to, but it doesn't ANYTHING when you waste your points on it.

I've gotten the Soul Trader and the Rocket Chicken and neither do what clicking on their link in the vote section says they should do. Can you at least put a warning up that they don't work properly? Not every one is active on the forums.
You need to put whats bugged about them
so people will know whether or not to get them
Ask before you steal signature's (AXXO)

Arvit

#4 » Post by Arvit » 07 May 2011 23:38

Thats whats she is asking to put near the vote rewards page which one works correctly and witch dont

Kisszek

#5 » Post by Kisszek » 09 May 2011 22:00

I think no1 of these specila scripted pets works atm, but feel free to corect me if im wrong.
Characters:Kisszek- Tauren Shamy
Rakuuhwa- Tauren Druid
Birdofhermes -Gnome Death Knight
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ellopták az alisok a tankot.
Madarat tolláról, embert desktopjáról.
"Ami nem pusztí­t el, az acéllá kovácsol!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jpwanabe

#6 » Post by jpwanabe » 10 May 2011 08:24

Kisszek wrote:I think no1 of these specila scripted pets works atm, but feel free to corect me if im wrong.
Well since there is no waring about this on the vote page, can I and the others who have gotten these broken pets, have some, if not all, of our points refunded?

Guigocsilva

#7 » Post by Guigocsilva » 31 May 2011 23:22

Sorry for reviving topic but didnt want to make a new thread over this
I just wanna ask if someone got the lil XT or the kite pets and can tell me if the animations are working ( the shocking animation on the kite for example)

Tarolock

#8 » Post by Tarolock » 01 Jun 2011 11:37

nope, all pet bugged if it have some spell/script (well the kungfu panda works :D)

Cass

#9 » Post by Cass » 30 Dec 2011 21:08

Since this hasn't been resolved (and I just wound up wasting voter reward points for the ethereal soul-trader which I purchased for the sole reason of thinking it would do what it was supposed to do), I thought I'd follow this up with something ELSE that hasn't been addressed - namely, what's bugged with it.

At present, the Ethereal Soul-Trader will only follow you around as with any vanity pet. It will NOT do what it is supposed to do, which is the following:

The Ethereal Soul-Trader (http://www.wowwiki.com/Ethereal_Soul-Trader) is a companion pet that is supposed to "harvest souls" on any kill you make that nets you honor or experience. This is then used as an exclusive "currency" (called "ethereal credits") that you can use to purchase items from the soul-trader (yes, it's a vendor as well, though it will not purchase any items FROM you).

The items that you can purchase include ethereal wrappings and a strong alcoholic beverage (that has a chance to mutate you into a fleshbeast), among other items listed upon following the wowwiki.com link above.

The soul-trader also has "vocalizations" (speech-bubbles), to wit:

When summoned: I have arrived. Shall we set to work, then?

Occasionally when siphoning Essence:

Ah, more essence to capture...

Here is your share.

Main Gossip (i.e.; when you right-click on it):

How may this one help you, sir? (listed at the top of the dialogue box)

Options available in the dialogue box are:

How does this work? (clicking on this option will display the following dialogue:

My business partner slays things. I drain a portion of their essense...a pittance, really; the slightest of slivers. It won't be missed.

Still, to fulfill my portion of the contract, I pay in Ethereal Credits.

One may redeem these credits for items I sell at any time. I'm bound to have something that will interest you...)

Show me what you have to trade.

This will bring up the "store" window which will allow you to purchase the items.

There is a "Buy Back" tab at the bottom of the store, as with any other NPC; however, you cannot sell anything to him, including things that you have purchased with the Ethereal Credits.

Here is what it looks like when he siphons the soul energy from something you've slain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhgD7khVIYk&noredirect=1

Here's more information about him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRO3XdUIDOM
My name? From the random name generator. I liked it. I understand it was the nick-name of an awesome person. I'm an awesome person too! Besides, lots of people have the same names. I had three friends in school with the same name as myself. We all sat together. It confused the teachers.

Cass

#10 » Post by Cass » 19 Jan 2012 09:26

Bumpity Bumpity Bump! Any chance of having this fixed? Yes? No? Maybe? Possibly? F-Off? Die in a Fire? Anything?
My name? From the random name generator. I liked it. I understand it was the nick-name of an awesome person. I'm an awesome person too! Besides, lots of people have the same names. I had three friends in school with the same name as myself. We all sat together. It confused the teachers.

Intervention
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Intervention » 19 Jan 2012 09:46

This is up to trinity to add such gossip and scripts. We generally don't add custom fixes unlessly 100% necessary for the server to run efficiently. This is a minor problem. I do suggest you create a report on trinity github though..

This is the commit history here https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/commits/ and you can scoot around the website and report it :)
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Cass

#12 » Post by Cass » 22 Jan 2012 12:48

Cool - will look into that. Thanks, Intervention! :D

Quixoticrogue
Donor

#13 » Post by Quixoticrogue » 06 Feb 2012 13:02

a nice idea. but I think having the pets is only good for the achievment. they are cute and may/may not work correct. but once you own them...shouldn't you just love them for what they are?

(besides, the murloc marine should be able to attack the zergling...but it's not gonna help your dps anytime soon is it?)
ImageAnyone got a light?