[Rejected] Loosening Transmog restrictions

Koriach

Re: Loosening Transmog restrictions

#16 » Post by Koriach » 01 May 2016 11:55

Folkk wrote:All these "custom changes" are literally just improving 1 TOGGLED-OFF by DEFAULT (i.e. OPTIONAL) feature that blizzard implemented in latter patches. Some people just like beeing purposely dense >:( .
Did you think that maybe some people would like this feature without more custom stuff being implemented as it was discussed initially? But hey you need to please the majority of the community who want free items in the shop and all items to be available in the tramsmog list with a pretext that if others don't like it they can just quit using it and move on.

demonlord

#17 » Post by demonlord » 01 May 2016 12:08

As i said in a diff topic, for visuals why dont people who want to look different use that addon that does just that, change your visual looks. you can have any mount any gear, cloth plate etc. no further changes to the game has to be made. i dont see why transmog is beter than that addon. gms could spend time on other things if people jsut used that
Neither Beast nor the Stalker shall stand in my way.
Neither Light nor the Shadow shall ruin my day.
Neither Energy of a Rogue nor a Warrior's Rage.
Neither Frost, nor Fire or an Arcane Mage.
Neither the Crusader with his Auras shining bright,
Nor the Demon Lord or the Ebon Knight.
Not even the Shapeshifter can withstand.
The power of a Shaman with the spirits in his hand!

You come get da Voodoo

Matsy

#18 » Post by Matsy » 01 May 2016 12:11

Folkk wrote:All these "custom changes" are literally just improving 1 TOGGLED-OFF by DEFAULT (i.e. OPTIONAL) feature that blizzard implemented in latter patches. Some people just like beeing purposely dense >:( .
Not really you are just refusing to see the issue the same as others.
Once we start adding features that don't even exist it starts a downward spiral of "fun server" shit getting added.
Don't matter that you can toggle it off, it shouldn't be there.
Transmog itself is all fine and dandy, blizzard added it so its fair game, but adding things that blizzard didn't even add is going too far.
Last edited by Matsy on 01 May 2016 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Marksman Troll Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Koriach

#19 » Post by Koriach » 01 May 2016 12:12

demonlord wrote:As i said in a diff topic, for visuals why dont people who want to look different use that addon that does just that, change your visual looks. you can have any mount any gear, cloth plate etc. no further changes to the game has to be made. i dont see why transmog is beter than that addon. gms could spend time on other things if people jsut used that
Well transmog is not bad and I liked the idea of having a command to turn it on/off. I personally did not use it, at least not yet and not sure when/if I will use it. I was OK with giving it a go to this but I don't like the fact that now people want to many things to be changed and made custom regarding this feature and the server. :P
Matsy wrote:
Once we start adding features that don't even exist it starts a downward spiral of "fun server" shit getting added.
^ This was exactly my point.

Folkk

#20 » Post by Folkk » 01 May 2016 12:19

Koriach wrote:
Did you think that maybe some people would like this feature without more custom stuff being implemented as it was discussed initially? But hey you need to please the majority of the community who want free items in the shop and all items to be available in the tramsmog list with a pretext that if others don't like it they can just quit using it and move on.
What "majority of the community who want free items in the shop and all items to be available in the tramsmog list"?

There is one suggestion about Tier 3 beeing added for emblems or with stats removed so that it couldn't afffect the lower level playerbase. Oh and the second part was added when Dymond made a logical argument about it influencing 60+ characters. So maybe try and do that yourself and maybe this feature won't be implemented. But stop the bullshiting please...
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Longi

#21 » Post by Longi » 01 May 2016 12:36

what about add one NPC to dalaran. That NPC will have all armor and weapon items from the game. Each item will have duration 10 minut - its enough time to apply transmog. And price per item will be 10k ... so players can customise characters with every possible way without wasting time

Wilcox

#22 » Post by Wilcox » 01 May 2016 12:39

longi wrote:what about add one NPC to dalaran. That NPC will have all armor and weapon items from the game. Each item will have duration 10 minut - its enough time to apply transmog. And price per item will be 10k ... so players can customise characters with every possible way without wasting time
how about no because that idea is absolutely trash and insignificiant

Longi

#23 » Post by Longi » 01 May 2016 12:42

Wilcox wrote:
longi wrote:what about add one NPC to dalaran. That NPC will have all armor and weapon items from the game. Each item will have duration 10 minut - its enough time to apply transmog. And price per item will be 10k ... so players can customise characters with every possible way without wasting time
like you man :)

Folkk

#24 » Post by Folkk » 01 May 2016 12:48

Matsy wrote:
Transmog itself is all fine and dandy, blizzard added it so its fair game, but adding things that blizzard didn't even add is going too far.
I see your point, but I don't see that happening. People keep saying that over and over but the vast majority here would oppose any "fun server shit". Want proof? It's 2016 and through the years noone has been more blizzlike than TW. Every other server I saw had some sort of p2w stuff.
The way I see it is:
Tier 3: Blizzard added it later in game
Legendary transmog: Blizzard didn't add it, but aren't you tired of all the SM's shoved up your ass in pvp? Cold-iron-pick Would seem more smooth imo
As for off-hand,main-hand thingy, this is what blizzard did: [hide]Yeah, this isn't a bug. You can't make a one-hand item look like a main-hand only or offhand only item. You *can* do the opposite though, you can make a main-hand or off-hand only item look like a one-hand item.

With the logic being what Vellectri described. A one-hand item can be placed in either hand, while a main/off-hand specific item cannot. Allowing the transmog means you could make your one-hand item look like an off-hand only item and put it in your main hand, ie it looks like you have that offhand only item in the wrong hand.

While they have kept this restriction in place, they have gone through and changed virtually all main-hand and off-hand specific items to simply be one-hand now. It just appears that you've found one of the few items that weren't changed. You could try submitting a bug or suggestion that they make the dagger one-handed, but it would likely be a very low-profile change if they even decide to change it.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9453735352[/hide]

So the only "fun server shit" would be transmoging legendary items. I guess blizz just wanted to keep their special status and not see everyone waving them around. I'm thinking since everyone has SM, it would do more good than harm not seeing so many around.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Wilcox

#25 » Post by Wilcox » 01 May 2016 13:14

longi wrote:
Wilcox wrote:
like you man :)
k but it's you who posts garbage on the forums so decisions :9

ot; also please see http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34582

Nyeriah

#26 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 May 2016 13:42

I have already answered all of this

Wilcox

#27 » Post by Wilcox » 01 May 2016 15:25

Nyeriah wrote:I have already answered all of this
http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34735 pls nyeriah :^)

mcheka

Re: RE: Re: Loosening Transmog restrictions

#28 » Post by mcheka » 01 May 2016 15:40

Matsy wrote:No. Slippery slope.
demonlord wrote:It starts to feel like a downward spiral indeed, small custom changes are added alot lately soon you can remove the blizzlike from our description of the server, even if its just visual, why not change barrens to cata barrens, it looks cooler and its just visual etc.
Koriach wrote:Ever since this was implemented, demands keep on going, players already want free gear to vendors and shop and items that you shouldn't be able to transmog be added to the list so it doesn't matter anymore what will change regarding this feature so why not? We can just have it disabled by command the moment we don't like it.

I was OK with this feature even if I am not using it currently and not sure if I will but as expected players will only want more and with every small change the server will become more custom/fun compared to the blizzlike experience players signed on for when they started playing here.

I was probably the most vocal opponents of transmog in the original thread.

I wasn't the first, nor the only one to point out the dangerous precedent it would set.

The damage was already done the second TrueWoW added transmog. I hate to be the guy who said "I told you so", but of course people will be making more and more custom demands. And why not? We are now a custom server already, so it makes perfect sense. The floodgates were opened, and the storm has arrived.

Given that we're already in custom territory by having transmog in wotlk, it's silly and hypocritical to argue about which arbitrary set of "future Blizzlike" rules we should allow, instead of our own community-driven arbitrary set of rules. So, anyone with a +1 to the original proposal should logically only be a +1 here. Not a +1? Then you're just picking and choosing which custom content we should have, and which we shouldn't. Either get rid of the whole transmog system, or go all-in.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Nyeriah

#29 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 May 2016 16:40

I don't have interest in breaking through this flood of fallacies. I'm not going to waste my breath over this.

No further changes will be made to the transmogrification system. And I'll revert the latest changes I've made.

Once again, the vocal minority can be thanked for it.