[Rejected] Lowering the requirement for Isle of Conquest

Gnurg

[Rejected] Lowering the requirement for Isle of Conquest

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 14 May 2016 18:28

Seeing as this won't be accepted, I would like to see another simpler modifaction. Basically lowering the required amount of people from 10 players to 8 players both for the 'too few players, battleground is closing' future and for the queue up for specific battleground future.

1. Why would we want this?
There exists a small portion of players who enjoy Isle of Conquest. Since the requirement for the battleground to start is so high, these players rarely get to enjoy that battleground. On top of that, there exists hatred towards the battleground, which usually makes the battleground close within 5 minutes. This is a real downer to these players, as first we had to play the more brain-dead battlegrounds (chase/goto various red/blue nodes on the map) in order for their battleground to perhaps start. Lowering the requirement would lessen the chance that the battleground closes.

It would as well be simpler for the players who enjoy the battleground to make premades for it, so that they can enjoy it with other players who are generally interrested in playing the battleground without having to listen to some dumbwit complain about how much he dislikes the battleground. Like for instance this event.

2. Would it affect RBG?
No, as the requirement for Isle of Conquest to start is still that it must have been 3 games since the last big battleground (AV, IoC) and the number of people in the previous battleground must have been 15 players. Lowering the requirement would change nothing here.

3. Would it be hard to implement?
No, from what I know you just go to change a value in some config file.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Fjord
Donor

Re: Lowering the requirement for Isle of Conquest

#2 » Post by Fjord » 14 May 2016 18:33

Would stimilate pvp i guess, also do it for AV ;)
Gamers dont die, They R3spawn.

bakiss

#3 » Post by bakiss » 14 May 2016 18:36

+1 for AV and IoC, make it happen :!:

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#4 » Post by Errorista » 14 May 2016 19:09

It was already reduced from 15 to 10 I think, we should just wait little bit more until factions will balance enough to do IoCs again.

benta

#5 » Post by benta » 14 May 2016 19:25

+1

Cvjetka

#6 » Post by Cvjetka » 14 May 2016 21:24

+1

Nymunne
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Nymunne » 14 May 2016 22:04

Errorista wrote:It was already reduced from 15 to 10 I think, we should just wait little bit more until factions will balance enough to do IoCs again.

As mentioned this was already reduced before. I also believe we should wait for the factions to balance. Also you cannot force people to join a battleground they do not wish to play and don't know how much we can keep lowering the requirements.

-1 from me (at least for now).

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#8 » Post by Tenebro » 14 May 2016 22:34

-1, this ain't wsg to play it with 10 or less ppl no matter that the srv population is low or not, if you want achievs so bad then do it like every achiev hunter does and join it whenever you are online.

Matsy

#9 » Post by Matsy » 14 May 2016 23:32

Not a fan of sota as who ever defends first has a big disadvantage specially when you have tards on the team. But +1
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Marksman Troll Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 15 May 2016 00:01

Nymunne wrote:
Errorista wrote:It was already reduced from 15 to 10 I think, we should just wait little bit more until factions will balance enough to do IoCs again.

As mentioned this was already reduced before. I also believe we should wait for the factions to balance. Also you cannot force people to join a battleground they do not wish to play and don't know how much we can keep lowering the requirements.

-1 from me (at least for now).
Out of all IoCs since its release here, 33 % of the games have ended up in a draw. I've explained it plenty of times in the other thread how the current RBG script closes most of the IoC, because the previous battleground is still running, but you keep focusing on how I am 'forcing' people to queue for it.

The thing is that you are more likely to have a proper IoC with 15-17 players than 18-24 players. See below.

1. With 18-24 players in the queue at the same time you will have 15 players in an AB, EotS or SotA, which will make the next RBG be IoC/AV. Since there are 3 to 9 players waiting, next bg will pop (requires 3) and it will lack 1 to 7 players. It will likely close (considering 33 % chance for it to close according to statistics), because people will be stuck in the previous battleground unable to join the newly popped AV/IoC.

2. With 15-17 players in the queue at the same time you will have 15 players in AB, EotS or SotA, which will make the next RBG be IoC/AV. Since there are 0-2 players waiting, next bg will NOT pop and it will therefore not close. AB/EotS/SotA ends and you get 15-17 people to IoC/AV (some might leave, but you will have more than 10 players)

I can't understand how you're yet to see this issue. Increasing the close timer seems to be rejected and so has the start no bg after the requirement has been met suggestion too, so this was an other alternative from me, which is much easier to implement.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Crymaker
Donor

#11 » Post by Crymaker » 15 May 2016 04:48

JIMI

Characters:
~ Jethrotull 80 LvL Troll Shaman PvE - Restoration
~ Gothicows 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Balance
~ Sykor 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Tank
~ Jimshields 80 LvL Troll Priest PvE - Discipline
~ Jimolocks 80LvL Undead Warlock PvE - Affliction
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me.”

Nebularium

#12 » Post by Nebularium » 15 May 2016 14:03

+1

Gnurg

#13 » Post by Gnurg » 22 May 2016 11:19

Bump, would like some more feedback.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE