[REJECTED] "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

Locked
User avatar
Boxis
Donor
Posts: 528
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 15:08
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#121 » Post by Boxis » 01 Feb 2017 23:20

skyx wrote: I have played arenas with different classes on my previous servers and I have legit obtained WF shoulders in 3v3s unlike most "skilled PvP players" here. But that is in the past and I don't really care so much about "high mmr arenas" any more but still, please don't talk down on me like I am some sort of gear carried random PvEr.
Sorry, I simply can't read it anymore.

Did you even play arenas here on TW and got more than 500 rating ? I personally haven't seen you playing arenas at all, so don't be surprised when people think, that you are just another random guy with characters bought on e-bay so he can show them in Dala on his minimized WoW window, while watching trending videos on youtube.

Anyway, about the whole PvP issue. There is apparently a big problem in people leaving the server, where I personally blame Inquisiton and its few people/ex GM who were the main cause population and therefore the quality of PvP (talking about Truewow) rapidly dropped to the level where there is just few arenas per week, what is shame. This is big issue which can not be fixed anymore, therefore there is no point of talking about it anymore. I just wanted to point it out, because that's how I see it.

Another strong reason why the quality of PvP activity is on such level is written in Justice's first sentence, in his last post. As we know you play on TW just for few months (?), so you can't know how good the PvP was few years ago, even though we haven't had so many spells/classes fixed as we have now. The fact is that people simply didn't dodge each other that much. It's hard to explain to new players, however, this simple thing caused arenas to be played almost 24/7, and I don't even talk about 3v3 where the first season after we merged with TW, there were like 6-7 teams above 2k rating in 3s, even I personally have obtained shoulders in my first season on TW and received wf glad from it the season after.

In the end, it all comes to the overall mood of the community. People were much friendlier and didn't care as much about their win/loss, they just wanted to have fun and improve. That is also the reason why after some time there was quite a few really skilled PvP players (30+).

Anyway, I could've been writing about the PvP situation for hours but in the end it wouldn't help to solve the problem anyway. At this state, when there are literally no arenas at all, we (well people who still care) should discuss in civil matter what would make the remaining people (take population into consideration, there is no point to waste time with scripting gear limitation in my opinion, when it affects just minimal amount of people anyway) to queue arenas. Also the amount of different topics about PvP don't make the discussion easier either, I would rather prefer to have one short post/topic with all PvP suggestions combined so people can post their opinion about each of them; if and how the given suggestion would improve the activity of the PvP situation in our current state.

One thing is certain. Players need motivation to queue. It's not about the WF gear or "10 games for APs" anymore.
If there should be some change, it must be in how rewards should be distributed and to which players (different rewards for different categories - highest amount of games, highest amount of APs earned/month, highest rating reached as particular setup, and so on ; rewards - BC Glad titles, Old Wotlk Glad titles, some chests with low chance of particular items, having access to custom transmog items like Frostmourne or something shiny, custom morphs or something fun-server-like, having your name being shown on website with Big Fat Red letters somewhere, which would show that yes, you are the guy who played 200 arenas at 3AM or something, I don't know, just throwing ideas), otherwise there is no point talking about some particular suggestions anymore.

Anyway, peace.

User avatar
skyx
Posts: 277
Joined: 01 Mar 2014 17:04

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#122 » Post by skyx » 01 Feb 2017 23:55

Boxis wrote: Sorry, I simply can't read it anymore.
To be expected because I was replying to your bff "Justice" and I wasn't mincing my words.
Boxis wrote: Did you even play arenas here on TW and got more than 500 rating ? I personally haven't seen you playing arenas at all, so don't be surprised when people think, that you are just another random guy with characters bought on e-bay so he can show them in Dala on his minimized WoW window, while watching trending videos on youtube.
I have nothing to prove and nothing to gain so I only play for fun. I did however play some 2v2s here in 2014 pugging random partners on my horde priest because the donor staff on the character was removed. It felt more of a chore than a challenge in getting the tier1 weapon iirc.
Boxis wrote: Anyway, about the whole PvP issue. There is apparently a big problem in people leaving the server, where I personally blame Inquisiton and its few people/ex GM who were the main cause population and therefore the quality of PvP (talking about Truewow) rapidly dropped to the level where there is just few arenas per week, what is shame. This is big issue which can not be fixed anymore, therefore there is no point of talking about it anymore. I just wanted to point it out, because that's how I see it.
This is BS. Inquisition was (and probably still is) a PvE guild whose members only ever did minor PvP (apart from a tiny handful). The quality of PvP didn't drop at all because they left: it was low quality to begin with.
Boxis wrote:
Another strong reason why the quality of PvP activity is on such level is written in Justice's first sentence, in his last post. As we know you play on TW just for few months (?), so you can't know how good the PvP was few years ago, even though we haven't had so many spells/classes fixed as we have now. The fact is that people simply didn't dodge each other that much. It's hard to explain to new players, however, this simple thing caused arenas to be played almost 24/7, and I don't even talk about 3v3 where the first season after we merged with TW, there were like 6-7 teams above 2k rating in 3s, even I personally have obtained shoulders in my first season on TW and received wf glad from it the season after.

In the end, it all comes to the overall mood of the community. People were much friendlier and didn't care as much about their win/loss, they just wanted to have fun and improve. That is also the reason why after some time there was quite a few really skilled PvP players (30+).
Please tell me how many from those 30+ players were warriors and paladins? How many of those players played skill intensive double dps combos such as rogue/mage, lock/mage, etc ? Be honest.

Also, Relina. He/She pointed out the same problems as I did in a series of forum posts 2-3 years ago so I can't really take your word on it at all.
Boxis wrote: Anyway, I could've been writing about the PvP situation for hours but in the end it wouldn't help to solve the problem anyway. At this state, when there are literally no arenas at all, we (well people who still care) should discuss in civil matter what would make the remaining people (take population into consideration, there is no point to waste time with scripting gear limitation in my opinion, when it affects just minimal amount of people anyway) to queue arenas. Also the amount of different topics about PvP don't make the discussion easier either, I would rather prefer to have one short post/topic with all PvP suggestions combined so people can post their opinion about each of them; if and how the given suggestion would improve the activity of the PvP situation in our current state.
The damage has been done and the point of no return has been reached ages ago. "Scripting gear limitation" in my opinion should have existed years ago LIKE Gamer District (years ago btw).

Boxis wrote: One thing is certain. Players need motivation to queue. It's not about the WF gear or "10 games for APs" anymore.
If there should be some change, it must be in how rewards should be distributed and to which players (different rewards for different categories - highest amount of games, highest amount of APs earned/month, highest rating reached as particular setup, and so on ; rewards - BC Glad titles, Old Wotlk Glad titles, some chests with low chance of particular items, having access to custom transmog items like Frostmourne or something shiny, custom morphs or something fun-server-like, having your name being show on website with Big Fat Red letters somewhere, which would show that yes, you are the guy who played 200 arenas at 3AM or something, I don't know, just throwing ideas), otherwise there is no point talking about some particular suggestions anymore.

Anyway, peace.
DING DING DING DING DING

Well Done! You pointed out something dearly needed 2-3 years ago! Meanwhile in the donor shop...

User avatar
ribbaribbahey
Posts: 701
Joined: 14 Feb 2011 17:21

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#123 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 02 Feb 2017 03:01

Justicelight wrote:Bunch of bullshit
Shut your fucking mouth and understand for once that games, specially MMORPGs where numbers count, are intended to be played at ALL SKILL LEVELS not at elite level only you fucking moron. It is the motherfucking tenth time i have to reply and explain the same exact thing, I'm honestly getting sick and frustrated.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

User avatar
ribbaribbahey
Posts: 701
Joined: 14 Feb 2011 17:21

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#124 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 02 Feb 2017 03:09

Boxis wrote:Useless shit
Please if you don't say anything productive, avoid taking the time for writing three times ''nothing can be done now''. Here we try to solve a problem, and you wanting the spotlight reminding us how fast you earned your shit is as useful as urethra porn. Thank you.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

User avatar
Justicelight
Donor
Posts: 1125
Joined: 05 Dec 2011 21:47
Location: Romania

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#125 » Post by Justicelight » 02 Feb 2017 07:19

skyx wrote:
Justicelight wrote:...
I just read your wall of text and..........I want my 5 minutes back Jesus.

Everyone knows that HC PvE gear ruined PvP balance in 3.3.5 and yet you are okay with it.

When I talk about the state of PvP here, I speak for EVERYONE, including new players to the server and people wanting to try out PvP.

I am not shit like Pwntato who needs gear to get anywhere. I have played arenas with different classes on my previous servers
and I have legit obtained WF shoulders in 3v3s unlike most "skilled PvP players" here. But that is in the past and I don't really care so much about "high mmr arenas" any more but still, please don't talk down on me like I am some sort of gear carried random PvEr.

Also, I am not going to repeat all the stuff I have said on the forum because I will wasting my time since your head is so far up your own ass. You are nothing special like you make yourself out to be and archaic views like yours are the reason why the PvP is so dead here. I just want positive change and if inciting people is needed then so be it.

I don't know why I bother sometimes. I quit this server before when I transferred here because of the pathetic Gladiator mounts in the vote shop and the crappy Shadowmoron infested 2v2s here back in 2014 and I guess now is a good time to quit again for good.

PS:
Justicelight wrote: (hpala/arms comps, which has the power to break double dps teams)
An arena ladder infested with "hpala/arms" comps is a STRONG indication that the quality of PvP on the server is LOW unlike a ladder with a broad representation of different class/comps. So judging from what you spewed, the quality wasn't really good back then either.

You started to be so subjective about all of your suggestions and others and this is the problem. Solve your issues with people from server by confronting them not by trying to prove that they are shit AFTER the game is set through required pvp changes.

My head is so far in my own ass? Hehe, I`m so sorry but you don`t know me at all. In fact, you are the one explaining your skills, where have you played and what gear you earned in the latest posts.

I respect Ribbaz, because he is a player which played a lot here, but you? Give me a break, start sweating on TrueWoW then you can earn other people credibility. Your whole charade is so subjective that melts even the ice in North Pole. Everytime you even type about a change in pvp scene, you are proving how biased you are towards PLAYERS not the pvp framework.

PS: To prove how subjective you are, please put back your forum signature that you had before, the one related to an arena match that you won.
Image
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

User avatar
skyx
Posts: 277
Joined: 01 Mar 2014 17:04

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#126 » Post by skyx » 02 Feb 2017 14:07

ribbaribbahey wrote:
Justicelight wrote:Bunch of bullshit
Shut your fucking mouth and understand for once that games, specially MMORPGs where numbers count, are intended to be played at ALL SKILL LEVELS not at elite level only you fucking moron. It is the motherfucking tenth time i have to reply and explain the same exact thing, I'm honestly getting sick and frustrated.
I am not even going to answer "Justice" because he is a hypocrite and Mr. Ribbaribbahey has already responded to him

better than I could ever do.

and

http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15455

June 2015. Same Problem.

PS: Was there ever season 7 PvP here (a season with max. relentless gear)?

User avatar
Boxis
Donor
Posts: 528
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 15:08
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#127 » Post by Boxis » 02 Feb 2017 17:58

skyx wrote: This is BS. Inquisition was (and probably still is) a PvE guild whose members only ever did minor PvP (apart from a tiny handful). The quality of PvP didn't drop at all because they left: it was low quality to begin with.
I was mainly pointing out on the number of online players with this. Few Inq players (former staff member included) were one of the biggest reasons why Divinity (the most active, successful, known alliance guild) left the server, which have put the final nail to the coffin when it comes to the already crippled PvP at that point. Ironic is, that most of their players left later as well.
skyx wrote: Please tell me how many from those 30+ players were warriors and paladins? How many of those players played skill intensive double dps combos such as rogue/mage, lock/mage, etc ? Be honest.

Also, Relina. He/She pointed out the same problems as I did in a series of forum posts 2-3 years ago so I can't really take your word on it at all.
I was writing about first arena seasons after our server merged with TW (that's like 4 and half years ago). People indeed used to play various comps on high level back then, however, it's obvious that warpals were still present (as we know that comp doesn't require the amount of skill rogue/lock,mage requires for example). Therefore, I am not telling you there weren't any problems in PvP before. There were, but people didn't care about them that much, because we simply had way more players online at that time, so the issue itself wasn't as apparent as it is now obviously.
skyx wrote: The damage has been done and the point of no return has been reached ages ago. "Scripting gear limitation" in my opinion should have existed years ago LIKE Gamer District (years ago btw).
When thinking about this retrospectively, it would be indeed better to rotate Wotlk arena seasons with their specific gear, instead of having s8 all over again.
skyx wrote: You pointed out something dearly needed 2-3 years ago! Meanwhile in the donor shop...
If you mean Glad mounts, they indeed shouldn't been there in first place, but there was nothing what could be done after we realized that they are here, since people here spent their rl money to obtain them from shop, so it wouldn't be wise to suddenly remove the mounts from them.
ribbaribbahey wrote:
Don't expect people to take your suggestions seriously, if you are unable to discuss with others in a civilized manner. Therefore, don't be surprised, if your ideas are being ignored completely, if you can't even accept someone elses opinion about the particular matter.

User avatar
skyx
Posts: 277
Joined: 01 Mar 2014 17:04

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#128 » Post by skyx » 08 Feb 2017 01:04

Nyeriah wrote:It's better to move the tournament suggestion to another thread since as far as it seems the initial suggestion here presented will not be accepted as it doesn't have the approval of the PvP community by what it seems.
Oh yeah a little late (and I did try) but NO ONE GAVE A FUDGE.

http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36541

User avatar
Nyeriah

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#129 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Feb 2017 05:33

skyx wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:It's better to move the tournament suggestion to another thread since as far as it seems the initial suggestion here presented will not be accepted as it doesn't have the approval of the PvP community by what it seems.
Oh yeah a little late (and I did try) but NO ONE GAVE A FUDGE.

http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36541
You're wrong. I understand how you may feel that way, but you're just being impatient. Flooded is working on designing a tournament that he said he'd host himself, but he's just very busy in his real life as of late so he couldn't take care of it yet. As Nephyx mentioned on another thread, we are rounding up all of the PvP suggestions and we should give them proper answers really soon.

The tournament most definitely will happen, it's just a matter of discussing when and how. And of course managing the people who'll be helping us with that.

User avatar
Nephyx
Former Staff
Posts: 497
Joined: 22 Nov 2014 19:57
Location: Darnassus
Contact:

Re: [REJECTED] "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#130 » Post by Nephyx » 05 Mar 2017 22:02

Rejecting the original suggestion.
Right Conquers Might

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests