Something everyone needs to watch.

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
User avatar
Wilcox
Posts: 1587
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 13:37
Location: Kebabland

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#76 » Post by Wilcox » 14 Apr 2016 10:38

Roel wrote:- Farmers fertilize the ground with poop, the plants eat the poop, we eat the plants
- Farmers kill tons of small animals when they plow through the fields
- Plants also die when you cut their head off (pull them out of the ground), take away their water and let them starve

Does that mean you should eat meat? No, you can also stop eating plants (including grains) or anything made of it. And stop buying any other products that require plants to die (wood). Basically stop buying anything at all.

(Don't take this too serious :D)
yeah that's what I said at the beginning of the post lol. it is true though.

User avatar
chickenbutt
Donor
Posts: 1571
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 17:57
Location: IKEAland

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#77 » Post by chickenbutt » 14 Apr 2016 13:51

None of that is relevant... Sigh.
- I have no argument against using animal fertiliser. But I also don't see your argument FOR it either. Artificial fertiliser would be used in a world without animal cruelty and exploitation.
- Using rodent and other small animal fatalities during crop farming as an argument for not going vegan is quite illogical. I'm actually pretty sure I already wrote this in this thread but I'll write it again.
Obviously the animals you eat have been fed plants, these plants must come from somewhere right? Obviously meat eaters still harm more animals than vegans since, ironically, they consume a lot more plant matter than vegans.
If you eat animals, then you are contributing to animal feed production (such as soy production in brasil i.e the rainforest) which in turn means you are consuming and contributing to the suffering of not only the slaughtered animals, but the mentioned "small animals" as well...
- I've already written this in the thread, too, but plants have no central nervous system and can't experience life like animals can. Obviously, plants don't have a brain, eyes, ears, a nose, a mouth, etc. Animals do. Anyone with half a brain would know that plants don't experience things in the same way animals do.

Roel, please. If you don't want to be serious in a serious thread, like I've nicely asked everyone to be several times already, then don't fucking post in here at all! If you want to feel better about killing animals, if you want to troll me, then please go post in another thread like off-topic where you can troll and make yourself look dumb. You can quote all my facts and try to disprove them with your dogma in another thread. I never thought the server owner would stoop to such a level of trolling. If you seriously are joking and not trying to justify your animal product consumption then why are you making arguments? Just write a stupid "I LOVE BACON" joke if you want to joke around (which I've asked you not to already). Can't you take important things seriously?
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

User avatar
Roel
Founder
Posts: 6364
Joined: 17 May 2010 14:51
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#78 » Post by Roel » 14 Apr 2016 14:06

Well sorry, I honestly didn't read everything and didn't think this was a serious thread, or at least not anymore. Mostly judging from your previous post regarding chicken periods and bee vomit, I probably wouldn't have posted otherwise. Maybe I should just create a 2nd account when posting anything as a person instead of a staff member.

P.S. I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans in general but there will be no ideal world as long as there are humans in it.

User avatar
Matsy
Posts: 1244
Joined: 28 Aug 2010 19:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#79 » Post by Matsy » 14 Apr 2016 14:29

Oh please...
Some of that video is just totally stupid.
Eating Animals is Normal, natural, necessary. Normal/Natural yes, but not necessary.
Slavery is Normal, natural, necessary. No.
Male Dominance is Normal, natural, necessary. No, bloody feminists.
Heterosexuality supremacy is Normal, natural, necessary. No

We as a species are omnivores. We can survive on plants and meat. I doubt anyone would say we can't survive on just plants.
Do you ridicule a bear for eating meat when it can survive on plants as-well? No you dont. Stop holding humans to a higher standard.
There is NOTHING about humans which is above other animals. We are not above other lifeforms, we are not special, we are just another form of life on this tiny planet that most likely will eradicate its self eventually.
Also about the dogs/pets thing mentioned in the video, that a cultural thing, different cultures eat different types of meat that another culture may find offensive such as China, korea, mexico etc. Its been forced into our head that eating dogs/cats etc is wrong because we generally keep them as pets and part of the family. I wouldn't dare eat cat/dog meat totally disgusting, but I would happily chow down on a beef burger.

And yes, sure the way meat is harvested is barbaric and disgusting but thats what it is at the moment it isn't going to change.

You can do whatever you want, but dont claim superiority other other life forms or other humans because you choose to not eat meat for one reason or another.

Also when you say you are easily triggered by ignorance, don't be ignorant yourself about people who do eat meat, there is plenty wrong with the process no ones saying there isn't but doesn't give you a right to claim you are better.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Marksman Troll Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

User avatar
Koriach
Posts: 158
Joined: 23 Jul 2013 11:49

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#80 » Post by Koriach » 14 Apr 2016 15:28

Each time I see somewhere discussions about these kind of topics I always wonder why are they even brought up?
You should all eat what you want and don't force it on other people to follow your beliefs or shove it down people's throats how good or bad eating meet or being a vegetarian / meat lover can be. :P

User avatar
chickenbutt
Donor
Posts: 1571
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 17:57
Location: IKEAland

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#81 » Post by chickenbutt » 14 Apr 2016 15:35

Matsy wrote:Oh please...
Some of that video is just totally stupid.
Eating Animals is Normal, natural, necessary. Normal/Natural yes, but not necessary.
Slavery is Normal, natural, necessary. No.
Male Dominance is Normal, natural, necessary. No, bloody feminists.
Heterosexuality supremacy is Normal, natural, necessary. No

We as a species are omnivores. We can survive on plants and meat. I doubt anyone would say we can't survive on just plants.
Do you ridicule a bear for eating meat when it can survive on plants as-well? No you dont. Stop holding humans to a higher standard.
There is NOTHING about humans which is above other animals. We are not above other lifeforms, we are not special, we are just another form of life on this tiny planet that most likely will eradicate its self eventually.
Also about the dogs/pets thing mentioned in the video, that a cultural thing, different cultures eat different types of meat that another culture may find offensive such as China, korea, mexico etc. Its been forced into our head that eating dogs/cats etc is wrong because we generally keep them as pets and part of the family. I wouldn't dare eat cat/dog meat totally disgusting, but I would happily chow down on a beef burger.

And yes, sure the way meat is harvested is barbaric and disgusting but thats what it is at the moment it isn't going to change.

You can do whatever you want, but dont claim superiority other other life forms or other humans because you choose to not eat meat for one reason or another.

Also when you say you are easily triggered by ignorance, don't be ignorant yourself about people who do eat meat, there is plenty wrong with the process no ones saying there isn't but doesn't give you a right to claim you are better.

Matsy, if you took the time to write all this I'm lead to believe you respected my OP and watched the whole video. If that video didn't convince you (obviously it didn't since you are still confused), watch this whole presentation and you won't feel the same way anymore. No it's not going to brainwash you. [youtube]W4HJcq8qHAY[/youtube]

If you base your entire argumentation on nothing but facts you will never be able to defend the animal product industry. It's really very black and white. There are no reasons NOT to go vegan, and there are no reasons to eat animal products if you live in a developed country in 2016. You would have understood this if you read the whole thread before posting.

Btw, even though you play a Druid in WoW, you understand that humans are not bears just because we share a few things, one being that we are both omnivores, right? Bears are wild animals. Humans aren't wild animals. Should have read the thread man.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

User avatar
Matsy
Posts: 1244
Joined: 28 Aug 2010 19:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#82 » Post by Matsy » 14 Apr 2016 15:41

I did watch the whole video, I found most of it rather stupid and repeating the same things most people already know.
Any omnivore on the planet can survive on vegan diet.
I'm not confused about anything lol
Most the posts in this topic are laughable/not serious

Dont try to force your beliefs on others.
And to echo what Roel said before you rudely shot him down because he doesn't have the same belief you do, I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans, but this issue will not go away, humans are the problem and it isn't going to be fixed.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Marksman Troll Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

User avatar
Saddie
Posts: 141
Joined: 07 Jun 2014 07:07
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#83 » Post by Saddie » 14 Apr 2016 15:52

The fact that people keep countering your points with flat logic and you refuse to acknowledge that they are right, clearly says that you are the ignorant one, hell, roel's post though not even intended as serious managed to school you back to daycare days and you're still calling people who disagree with you ignorant, you are the one trying to go against what thousands of years of evolution and adaptation led humanity to be. want to truly see someone ignorant? go take a look in a mirror.
You want to eat like a rabbit? suit yourself, but that doesn't mean that just because you think that's the best, that everyone should follow your example, when you have the need to call people something in order to in any way discredit their stand point, the only thing you manage to accomplish is weakening your own stance.

User avatar
mcheka
Posts: 646
Joined: 20 Dec 2013 16:26

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#84 » Post by mcheka » 14 Apr 2016 15:54

You vegans are all the same: smug, self-righteous, and with a sense of moral superiority. Why don't you just not eat meat or drink milk without pushing your agenda on the rest of us (i.e. without making this thread)?

Oh, but never mind. I'm not vegan, so what I write doesn't matter anyway.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

User avatar
Jiranthos
Admin
Posts: 1805
Joined: 23 Jun 2015 03:43
Location: Not on your bad side, hopefully

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#85 » Post by Jiranthos » 14 Apr 2016 16:05

I've once before argued with a vegan and this is what they said about me:
I am, to their minds, the worst, because I am indifferent to this topic. A gray, instead of a white or a black.

I am neither a pro-vegetarian/vegan/breatharian, nor am I pro-meat, actively supporting the meat-loving community and trying to counter everything the herbivores throw at the opposing party. They think that me realizing everything and doing nothing about it is the greatest sin, even greater than being opposed to them, that is when I stopped arguing about religion, eating, politics, sexuality and other subjects in general with anyone.

What I believe in is science, a future, the truth and the right, progress. I wish that one day we'll be able to all co-exist regardless of our worldly or spiritual preferences.

I have emo friends, I have depressed friends, I have overly happy friends, I have vegan friends, I have omnivore friends, Muslim friends, Christian friends, Atheist friends, I have transgender friends, homophobic friends, homosexual or bisexual friends, friends that want to get married before intercourse, friends that enjoy BDSM, male friends, female friends. traditional friends, drug experimenting friends. I judge non of them. I listen to classical music, rap, pop, jazz, metal and take the best out of all of them. I do not interrupt people when they speak, and I respect everyone that deserves respect.

What I believe is that it's a miracle that life was even able to happen at all. It's a miracle what the nature has evolved us into from a configuration of a few basic chemical elements. We've one life and I do not put it on myself to be an obstacle to anyone elses'. I live mine to the fullest, avoiding things that are out of my preference or comfort-zone, but in no way obstructing other lifestyles', if it makes them happy being that way. Of course, I do not advocate criminal activity. As long as the actions are for The Self and do not interfere with others, I am totally fine with it being. It's even nice to see the diverse thought processes of a single species of animal (the human).

All that notwithstanding, it pains me to see people bring up invalid arguments, backed up by nothing at all. I love it when I am proven wrong about something, it makes me learn and think and act upon my past mistakes. I can see the good in all of the aforementioned lifestyle choices and truly, if it helps them, if it makes them healthier, smarter or feel better, I endorse it, as long as it doesn't make someone elses' life worse.

Just let all the different people be, and work on yourself only. If you're feeling like you're living a happy life, a better life, feeling stronger, smarter, more pure, if you're feeling like you're doing good to the other species of the animal kingdom by limiting your diet, go ahead. But, please, do not knock on the doors of disbelievers trying to convert them aggressively. Inform them, and let them be. It'll make a change for someone, and it won't for others.

It's sickening to see people treat other people different because of their gender, food choice, skin color, ethnicity, sexuality, body size and height, hair color and whatnot.

In my opinion, it's not "practice what you preach". It's just "practice". Do not preach at all, unless asked.
I've asked many people what they think the good is in what they believe, why are you doing sports, why are you eating meat, why are you not doing sports, why are you not eating meat, why do you like the same sex, why don't you like the same sex, what does Allah give you in your life, what does God give you in your life, why don't you believe in a god?
And I've learned upon those answers, through them, I've gained second-hand experience and I appreciate the opportunities.
I can choose what's best for me, best for the environment, best for the other living beings on the planet. An idealistic Utopian equilibrium can be found, albeit locally and not on global scale (like Roel already mentioned, there will problems as long as humans exist, and I believe that true balance cannot be achieved, but we can at least strive for it).
But in day to day life, finding a balance really sets the mind free of stress, of judgement, of struggle, of bloodlust.
Co-exist.
Never think that other people are inferior, you can learn a lot from each and any living human, be it what not to do, or what to do.
Acceptance is key.
It's all about choice. You are free to make yours, but let others have theirs, too.

And plants can feel.
Sure, as you mentioned, they do not have a CNS, nor do they've a brain, but they sure as hell as environmentally conscious. They react to touch, sunlight, danger, fear, they can learn, have a memory, they can feel gravity, they feel obstacles to the roots, have behavioral patterns, have "instincts" to survive and procreate. Do they feel pain? We do not know yet, but they sure are conscious. Maybe not self-conscious, but intelligent and conscious nevertheless.

Further reading: http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-01-09/n ... out-plants

Also, do not forget that plants generate oxygen for you and you should not just cast them aside as non-sentient, inanimate worthless objects. Instead, you should be thankful to that plant that sustains you, with both nutrients and oxygen, the forests (of trees that are living beings) that create home for animals like wolves or bears that you do not eat and try to preserve. I believe that plants and the Sun are under-appreciated.

It was said here earlier that gorillas have carnivore teeth, yet only eat insects (also thank these), at most. And many pro-meat people are saying: "Survival of the fittest. Nature is cruel. Eat or be eaten." etc. But why do we have to accept that nature is omniscient and an omnipotent benefactor? Why do we have to accept that nature and evolution is correct? Maybe it has a few "software bugs" in itself. It's, of course, utterly selfish of humans to think that they know better than nature and try to change or shape it. But if we don't? If we were to not feel us superior beings to Gaia herself, why don't we just let nature take control again? Just let it be it old, cruel self, then. This proves that, if nature created us, and it wasn't a mistake, she wants us to help her and keep the balance, without destroying her in the process, of course. So we are entitled, even if a little bit, to feel superior to the other beings. This human supremacy has shown throughout the times, being in both the Quran and the Bible, the ancient mythology of the Egyptians and Greeks, Mesopotamians and Aztecs, Norse gods and fables. If you do not feel yourself a higher being, as a human, I do not judge you. You are free to be whoever and whatever you want. What's not debatable, though, is that humanity has power, so it must be of some importance. Through action or inaction, humans change everything around them. Be it by action, pushing a big red button and blowing the entire planet up. Or inaction, doing nothing at all and letting nature overgrow cities and wildlife flourish. And power must be controlled. When power, like the atoms, are split, huge energy is created. This energy must be harnessed or it will lead to destruction. So we either keep the power together (co-exist) or split it (infighting, wars, cultural differences etc.) and risk mass destruction, or, perhaps, a great resource of success. And I am a believer of this split-success. People are and should be different, what we do with the brainstorming and knowledge and power that is created therein is the big issue. Life is bigger than you, me, your pet dog, or the cow you ate or didn't eat.

And having said all that, I am just a human being. Errare humanum est. I may be wrong, but I shall learn as I grow older. I shall learn as long as I can be able to. And learning is my lifestyle. It's what gives purpose to *my* existence. It is what makes me happier about the person I am. It is how I thank the Sun, the plants and all the chemical elements, including those that formed my parents, for having this amazing chance at even being alive. Most of you don't even grasp it. It is what I should so oppressively preach upon others, but I know better to do so, because I have learned of what happens when minds clash.
Learn from your mistakes, mistakes of others and accept others, for they are wiser than you in specific subjects.
But you shall return to your infighting, take nothing from this knowledge and continue the Split.
Last edited by Jiranthos on 14 Apr 2016 17:03, edited 4 times in total.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

User avatar
chickenbutt
Donor
Posts: 1571
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 17:57
Location: IKEAland

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#86 » Post by chickenbutt » 14 Apr 2016 16:13

Matsy wrote:I did watch the whole video, I found most of it rather stupid and repeating the same things most people already know.
Not a lot of people realize it, like you said in your previous post, a lot of people are brainwashed. Stay consistent?
Matsy wrote: Any omnivore on the planet can survive on vegan diet.
I'm not confused about anything lol
Here's where you're confused;[hide]"Do you ridicule a bear for eating meat when it can survive on plants as-well? No you dont. Stop holding humans to a higher standard." -- Comparing humans to wild animals.

"We as a species are omnivores. We can survive on plants and meat. I doubt anyone would say we can't survive on just plants." -- Great, so why not do it then?

"Also about the dogs/pets thing mentioned in the video, that a cultural thing, different cultures eat different types of meat that another culture may find offensive such as China, korea, mexico etc. Its been forced into our head that eating dogs/cats etc is wrong because we generally keep them as pets and part of the family. I wouldn't dare eat cat/dog meat totally disgusting, but I would happily chow down on a beef burger." -- So first you explain what's wrong about carnism and then in the same paragraph say that. You know what's wrong and you still would eat a cow and not a cat? What characteristics have you seen in your pets that you haven't seen in cows, pigs, chickens or any other animal?? Why do you stay ignorant and believe because it's been "forced into your head" (even though you know what's true - that all animals are the same) that there's "pet animals" and "food animals"? Why not just avoid eating any of the animals and act upon the fact that your PETS are just the same as any other animal like the COW (ANIMAL) that you would HAPPILY have killed so you can eat a burger??

"And yes, sure the way meat is harvested is barbaric and disgusting but thats what it is at the moment it isn't going to change." -- It's going to change. Supply and demand is something you must be familiar with. If the demand for animal products continues, there will always be animal exploitation. The amount of vegans in the world is constantly growing.

"You can do whatever you want, but dont claim superiority other other life forms or other humans because you choose to not eat meat for one reason or another." -- I really don't want to seem like I'm on a high horse. My only purpose creating this thread is to plant a seed of thought in the minds of all the people who spam dumb vegan jokes and spread and teach ignorance.

"Also when you say you are easily triggered by ignorance, don't be ignorant yourself about people who do eat meat, there is plenty wrong with the process no ones saying there isn't but doesn't give you a right to claim you are better." -- I'm not ignorant in any way "about" people who eat meat. What do you even mean by that?[/hide]
Matsy wrote: Most the posts in this topic are laughable/not serious
Yeah, and it is fucking sad.
Matsy wrote: Dont try to force your beliefs on others.
It's not my beliefs. What I'm saying is the solid truth.
Matsy wrote: And to echo what Roel said before you rudely shot him down because he doesn't have the same belief you do, I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans, but this issue will not go away, humans are the problem and it isn't going to be fixed.
HE was rudely posting a terrible half-joke half-serious post to defend his opinions (which are wrong) on the topic. He saw the thread come up in his post list and he decided to take a stab at me because he couldn't hold back.
Again, it's not a belief. He's incorrect.
The issue, again, WILL go away if more and more people stop being blind and choose compassion. If you keep thinking "It's natural, I'm not killing, It's never going to change, I know it's bad but it's always going to be this way YOLO" when you're biting into your dead animal, nothing is going to change thanks to you. Especially not if you are against compassion and spread lies and fallacies.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

User avatar
Jiranthos
Admin
Posts: 1805
Joined: 23 Jun 2015 03:43
Location: Not on your bad side, hopefully

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#87 » Post by Jiranthos » 14 Apr 2016 16:17

Jiranthos wrote:[..] But you shall return to your infighting, take nothing from this knowledge and continue the Split.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

User avatar
arnis5
Banned
Posts: 474
Joined: 10 May 2014 02:37
Location: THE DEPTHS OF HELL

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#88 » Post by arnis5 » 14 Apr 2016 16:30

You should just know that the latest study found that the vegetarians suffered from more chronic conditions including allergies, asthma, anxiety, depression, diabetes, migraines, osteoporosis, heart disease and cancer, than the people who consume meat.
As you keep giving reasons why people shouldnt eat meat, il give you few reasons why they should actualy:
1.Humans have much shorter digestive systems than herbivores and don’t have the specialized organs to digest cellulose, the main fiber in plants.The truth is that humans are omnivores. We function best eating both animals and plants
2.Meat Contains Nutrients. Vitamin B12 is particularly important because it can not be gotten from commonly consumed plants. Many people who avoid animal foods are deficient in it. If you ask yourself why is B12 Vitamin important well it protects your body from cancers and tumors.
3.Meat Doesn’t Raise Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease or Diabetes
4.Meat Contains High Quality Protein. There are about 9 amino acids that we can not produce and must get from the diet.In this regard, animal proteins contain all the amino acids that we need, while many plant proteins have a suboptimal amino acid profile. Why are amino acids important? The studies show that consumption of protein is associated with increased bone density in old age and a lower risk of fractures
5.There Are No Proven Health Benefits to Avoiding Meat. Despite the claims, there is no strong evidence that avoiding meat leads to health benefits. Basicly the reason why vegans are more healthy is the fact that vegetarians are more health conscious overall and more likely to exercise, less likely to smoke, etc.
I respect other people beliefs and I am not saying you are wrong but I think you shouldnt rage much on posts like the one Roel made cause he is right. You make me feel like you made this topic in intention to make all of us vegans. As we all support your beliefs I think you should respect us others in same measure.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

User avatar
Roel
Founder
Posts: 6364
Joined: 17 May 2010 14:51
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#89 » Post by Roel » 14 Apr 2016 16:38

Really great post Jiranthos. Unfortunately not many people will understand and be able to think at that level, it's clear why you would stop arguing with people in general. At least writing it down can help you better understand your own thoughts and ideas, that's what matters most right? :)

User avatar
Jiranthos
Admin
Posts: 1805
Joined: 23 Jun 2015 03:43
Location: Not on your bad side, hopefully

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#90 » Post by Jiranthos » 14 Apr 2016 16:42

Roel wrote:Really great post Jiranthos. Unfortunately not many people will understand and be able to think at that level, it's clear why you would stop arguing with people in general. At least writing it down can help you better understand your own thoughts and ideas, that's what matters most right? :)
Thank you. And I am well aware they might not understand. But what I can do, is hope that someone, be it the meat-eaters or the vegans on this thread take a little something with them after reading it, just food for thought, even if it's just a small little something. Of course, writing posts like that one takes a lot of energy, and I do, as I mentioned, mostly avoid touchy subjects or arguments, but you're dead on right when you supposed that I did it mostly to reflect on myself and reinforce my own beliefs, while still leaving behind a small chance that someone can learn something from what I think and have experienced.
And I've never said I'm right. You can also learn from my post that you totally disagree with me and that's *also* good for you, finding your identity and purpose.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest