Abusing RDF tool/Unsportsman like behavior.

Tiralius

Abusing RDF tool/Unsportsman like behavior.

#1 » Post by Tiralius » 30 Jul 2015 03:30

Cutting straight to the point I have to reason for reporting these 2 groups of people. The first groups is mainly being reported for abusing the RDF tool. I made a ticket about this group yesterday July 28th [29th in game]. The name of the character I remember is named Hammertime. It was a group of 4 premade, and they would post on LFG chat for a dps 40+ to que for RDF. At the time I was level 42 so I qued up for RDF no doubt I got the que but as soon as I loaded in I got kicked from group. Now I thought it was bug at first so I qued up again. About 15 minutes later the group that I got kicked from finished the dungeon they qued again and I got the que. I loaded back into the dungeon and I got kicked again. It was the very same people too. They were level 51 when this happened. So at this point I really was confused and thought what was going with the RDF tool. So I qued again and once more the same thing happened. I checked who was in maraudon the dungeon and none the less it was the same 4 people. After like 4-5 que's and kept getting kicked I finally got a group that was different I wasn't kicked and we did the dungeon in about 15 minutes as well. I qued up again after that and I got the same people from earlier and as the story goes I got kicked. So at that point I figured out it wasn't a bug it was the group. I stopped queing up and just quested. 2 hours later I found Hammertime at level 57. In stormwind, while I was level 43. So I thought what complete a holes and decided to report them. I made the ticket with the names I remembered at the time.

Today July 29th [30th in game] I got a response from a GM saying they were sorry about the experience I had. You should try and do the same. Now I don't know if they misunderstood what I was saying? Or maybe they were promoting that type of behavior I'm really sure probably just misunderstanding of the ticket. Anyways after I read that ticket Ironicly I got another group just like them. Although this time I went out of my way to message them. The tanks name was "Gotem" half way through the instance got 20k ping don't know from where but my screen was frozen so I alt f4'd the client and relogged it took me about 20 seconds to get back in game and I was kicked from the group. Now I understood why they kicked me there. So putting that kick behind me I requed for RDF and guess what I got them again. Only this time they kicked me immediately I new what was going on so I requed after I got kicked and got them again only I couldn't zone in because apparently the group was full I'm assuming that's a bug of some fort because it happened on retail back then I remember. So I left the group got a deserter debuff for 30 mins after 30 mins I qued up again and I got them once more and the same thing happened kicked me. After 6 more ques and 6 more kicks I was fed up with it. I messaged Gotem asking what was their problem. What did I do. Gotem replied "u afk'd a speed run so we decided we didnt want u in the group anymore" then followed by that message he said "plus its become a tradition" I proceeded to explain to him that I dc/d and I did not afk I told him I was lagging really bad so I alt f4'd and relogged to fix it.

Now his reasoning from his first response would have made sense if he kicked the person who said at the beginning of the instance "brb bio" that person was afk for 3 minutes and he did not kick at all. but when I dc for 20 seconds I get kicked no questions asked nor warning. I'm reporting these people not for a ban but for a warning for uncalled behavior they.This issue could be fixed by implementing a period where you can't kick people from RDF groups that early. I know this also has to deal with the lack of population the server has at certain levels in my scenario level 40+ but such behavior shouldn't be ignored especially since the victim hasn't done anything wrong.

Below I have images of the conversation I had with Gotem for proof of such behavior. I along many others will agree this behavior should not be encouraged and should be punished after a certain amount of warnings. Using the RDF tool and kicking a 5th party member for no "logical" reason is unfair for those who wait a 30 minute que. Thank you for taking the time to read my long post. Look forward to your reply.

Last edited by Razam on 30 Jul 2015 04:56, edited 1 time in total.

.Tomerant

Re: Abusing RDF tool/Unsportsman like behavior.

#2 » Post by .Tomerant » 30 Jul 2015 04:30

Please... hit enter make some paragraphs...
Call to Arms - Wanna feel something different?

DeviousVerendus

#3 » Post by DeviousVerendus » 30 Jul 2015 07:34

I saw people complaining about this in retail too, and Blizzard said they the enjoyment for four players overshadows that of only one player. But it is indeed shitty to do s:
waтcн oυт ғor тнe ғroѕтвιтe!

fudgehog
Donor

#4 » Post by fudgehog » 05 Aug 2015 03:19

Lag or not, you were still AFK.

marathon

#5 » Post by marathon » 07 Aug 2015 14:00

So was the guy on bio break.

MardestyGSOG

#6 » Post by MardestyGSOG » 27 Aug 2015 02:40

People abusing a nice convenient tool like LFG, that is why the community of retail went down the drain

Dungeon Dan

#7 » Post by Dungeon Dan » 08 Sep 2015 01:19

Apologies for the unpleasant encounter you've experienced. The community needs to work together on this endeavor.
Raiding Randy and myself want you to not miss your Dungeon and PvP ques. This addon is still in Beta testing. http://www.filedropper.com/dungeonready

.Felix

#8 » Post by .Felix » 09 Sep 2015 06:25

Yep, I made a suggestion in another thread that the bonus xp for completing a random dungeon be removed - it's way too profitable, XP-wise at the moment to speed-run dungeons in RDF now. While RDF is a good tool, you've just hit one of the many groups that abuse it to speed level alts/friends/etc. Running a dungeon, getting some drops and having a good time defeating challenges with others should be the reward, not the numbers at the end.

Dungeon Dan

#9 » Post by Dungeon Dan » 09 Sep 2015 08:04

Felix wrote:Yep, I made a suggestion in another thread that the bonus xp for completing a random dungeon be removed - it's way too profitable, XP-wise at the moment to speed-run dungeons in RDF now. While RDF is a good tool, you've just hit one of the many groups that abuse it to speed level alts/friends/etc. Running a dungeon, getting some drops and having a good time defeating challenges with others should be the reward, not the numbers at the end.
The kicking a player and inviting another player was fixed from what I've seen. At most a week ago?
Raiding Randy and myself want you to not miss your Dungeon and PvP ques. This addon is still in Beta testing. http://www.filedropper.com/dungeonready

.Felix

#10 » Post by .Felix » 09 Sep 2015 11:15

Can't have been, happened to me just a few days ago

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 28 Oct 2015 20:44

You were told that the only thing you could do was to warn other players about said player(s) hoping in that their reputation possibly being damaged would discourage them in continuing doing that.

As said in your ticket, we can't do much about this. Players are free to be or not to be in a party with any player, and considering a vote is required to kick you from RDF, then you are not welcome to join them. I know that such behaviour can be very annoying when you're having a hard time in finding a RDF group, but we can't intervene in personal situations, like guild chat, party, raid, etc.

Locking and moving.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"