Banned?

Relevant

Banned?

#1 » Post by Relevant » 28 Sep 2015 01:36

Uhh... Why was I banned?

Assuming this was a mistake, as it's pretty apparent I did nothing wrong :)

Roel
Founder

Re: Banned?

#2 » Post by Roel » 28 Sep 2015 12:02

Because you were caught botting and didn't learn from your previous ban.

Relevant

#3 » Post by Relevant » 28 Sep 2015 16:10

As I said, this is a mistake. I think it's pretty clear that I certainly was not botting.

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 28 Sep 2015 18:03

Personally I only witnessed the first time, 100% certain that you were botting with 2 accounts simultaneously and multiple other players also noticed it while trying to interact with you. You were lucky to not get a permanent ban right away.

Even without input from the other GM about this 2nd incident, I can say that it's highly unlikely that this was a mistake. We check for several signs that someone is botting but it's quite obvious when they do. Players who are not botting will not even catch our attention, especially not for a 2nd time.

.Deathix

#5 » Post by .Deathix » 28 Sep 2015 18:20

Oooooo busted...

Relevant

#6 » Post by Relevant » 28 Sep 2015 19:14

And I didn't say anything about the first one. I took it like a man :-p

Relevant

#7 » Post by Relevant » 01 Oct 2015 07:03

But this has shown me that I should ask my boss for a raise. I can clearly create a bot that will speak for me in teamspeak, take actions based on request on teamspeak and in whispers, respond to people in guild chat, and talk in world chat.

So I'm a pretty damn good programmer!

carpalo

#8 » Post by carpalo » 01 Oct 2015 07:11

I don't have evidence but I have seen you botting 2 times before so I'm not surprised. Maybe stop blaming staff for bans and play fair

Relevant

#9 » Post by Relevant » 01 Oct 2015 07:14

I'm pretty sure that that is not true. Stop making stuff up. Unless you're talking about before my first suspension, which I still find highly unlikely, as it was a rare occurrence. So for you to have seen me twice I find a little hard to believe.

Fairly certain everyone I played with in Maple since joining the guild knows for a fact that I couldn't have been botting.
Last edited by kaykobra on 01 Oct 2015 07:29, edited 1 time in total.

Relevant

#10 » Post by Relevant » 01 Oct 2015 07:22

Doesn't really matter, as it looks like MS may be changing servers. If that happens, that will likely be the death of the server anyways. It's just the principle.

I know I was in the wrong the first time. I took the suspension, didn't say anything. It's just so obvious I wasn't doing anything this time, so it's frustrating. Prime implied that I was lucky I wasn't banned the first time. If he's saying this is just a followup punishment that was just corrected and my suspension just turned into a ban, well... nothing I can really say about that, I guess.

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 01 Oct 2015 10:37

The GM didn't reply here but this is what he told me about the 2nd incident.
The character was following a very specific route over and over again and I would ".summon" to different positions, while and while not fighting a mob, to see if there was a reaction. There never was. The character would go straight back to the route or to the mob immediately. Also, he had 3 other characters online at the moment (2 of them not 60), which, as I previously said, misteriously went offline, all of them, just a bit after I banned Warr. I did get to check his dwarf paladin (I think) for a minute before he went off, which seemed to me was botting too, but I didn't have enough time to make sure of it. His level 60 gnome warlock was very close to it, and that one I'm sure he was controlling himself.

TLDR; unless he had 2 other people playing right next to him, explaining the IP, and with extremely strict controlling instructions which made his characters look like botting, I'm certain he was botting.

He is complaining now because this time the ban was for all of his accounts and permamently.

Drumy
Location: YOUR MOTHER XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XDXDXD XD XD XD XDXD XD XD XD XD

#12 » Post by Drumy » 02 Oct 2015 20:55

lmao n00b get rekt XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
Huntr XD XD formal leader of shadowmourne XD XD XD
"Where did Majordomo go" /DBT/
"Spread out on Geddon" /DBT/
"Clever use of ingame mechanics" /VK/
"Im scratching for your spot" /Oivster/ XD XD XD
"What are you two doing in Molten Core" /VUUDUU/ XD XD

Relevant

#13 » Post by Relevant » 03 Oct 2015 07:21

His level 60 gnome warlock was very close to it, and that one I'm sure he was controlling himself.
Drumy wrote:lmao n00b get rekt XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
Um yep. I'm rekt alright. Confirmed not botting.

Relevant

#14 » Post by Relevant » 08 Oct 2015 03:08

Prime wrote:His level 60 gnome warlock was very close to it, and that one I'm sure he was controlling himself.
This issue has not yet been resolved. My account is still banned, even though, as stated in the above quote, I was clearly not botting.

Zheromer

#15 » Post by Zheromer » 11 Oct 2015 04:13

Relevant wrote:
Prime wrote:His level 60 gnome warlock was very close to it, and that one I'm sure he was controlling himself.
This issue has not yet been resolved. My account is still banned, even though, as stated in the above quote, I was clearly not botting.
It has been resolved seeing that your still banned. Your appeal might not be resolved but banned is banned.