[Rejected] GM/Dev disrespect

marko1984

[Rejected] GM/Dev disrespect

#1 » Post by marko1984 » 13 Apr 2014 19:15

Well this idea came from what happen with Prodigy and why he left... i was there i witnessed it and i think its time for this!
On Bloodcraft like mentioned so many times before, there was a much stricter way of punishing ppl for disrespect of players or GMs

For any kind of GM disrespect we had 3 or 7 day ban for first offense(not sure which one)... but however here on TW it seems that some (older or more important) players have the authority to talk as they please insult devs or GMs and any idea they dont like... acting like little kids..
All the hard work done by Prodigy seemed like its worth nothing coz he had this idea that some ppl didnt like (i didnt like it much as well)
It seemed fine to flame and openly attack a game master for trying something new... and the fact that we have LK heroic thanks to him seemed like nothing... If u want names of players its not a problem for me to name them, some are my friends and yet they acted that way...

My suggestion is 3 day ban for first offense
15 day second
permanent ban for third...

If someone has a problem banning ppl for this... i will apply for a position of Game moderator to just moderate chat and take care of these situations

If u think that rule like this is not going to help server attract more players then think how many players would be here without fixes that these Devs/GMs made here
Let me repeat that these ppl are volunteers not payed workers or ur personal slaves to do chores for u like some think, they are here coz they have good will to spend their free time fixing the server where u play!

Thats my suggestion
thank u
Three mages!

Naljs

Re: GM/Dev disrespect

#2 » Post by Naljs » 13 Apr 2014 19:20

Agreed, needs much stricter rules overall, IMO. More acting GM and Player, less acting Friend and Foe.
And by GM I obviously mean all staff, but then, this is just my opinion as such I'm more used to thanks to Bloodcraft.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 13 Apr 2014 19:20

very well put mocni, and I support you... I am curious what exactly happened cause I am not up to date with who did what, and what did prodigy suggest :|
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Naljs

#4 » Post by Naljs » 13 Apr 2014 19:33

And to add something more; people really have to think before they go on and bash a staff member that dedicates his/her time to improve the server. As we all know, any server can always use more staff members of all kind to improve the work, but I for one wouldn't want to be in the staff here if people are so rude that it makes a Dev feel he's had enough and quits.

I know I am one of those who constantly state in the guild in an irritated way "this server needs more PvP devs" but I don't see how recent events could possibly be appealing for anyone to apply..
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
It's called a Throne.

Anselmo
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Anselmo » 13 Apr 2014 19:38

Rules wrote:1. Abusing, bugging in unbearable way or disrespecting a TW Staff member can get you punished. We put in a lot of time to make this server playable for you and we expect a little politeness.
There is this. I put it to good use but most of our staff members chose not to.

kapernakiss
Donor

#6 » Post by kapernakiss » 13 Apr 2014 19:51

I see this as a great idea. However there are a few Gms that tend to vary punishment durations on their mood or personal feelings. For this to work we would have to expect GMs to maintain professionalism at all times. I even see some abusing this for their own liking. Not all Gms are not like this. I.E. Dymond. She is very professional, kind, fair, and I can confidently say she has earned the respect of a lot of players. I would completely trust Dymond to make the right judgement needed rather than having personal feelings cloud her mind. Reading the forums, reading global chat, I can't say all the Gms have earned the right to be respected. Gms I feel are people we could trust and look up to rather than worry of them being rude, unfair, or replying to our forum threads with a smug attitude. Perhaps I am comparing them to Blizzard Gms too much but isn't that the goal here?

Seeing how this happened because of the whole "PvP Box", I personally did not have to state that I disliked it in /world as well as others. But I feel we are allowed to voice our opinion. We see this server as a community together and take pride in it. I don't think its wrong to want to feel involved in changes like this. Perhaps Prodigy did take it a little too personally. Most of us do appreciate your hard work, don't let our disliking of one thing stop you from that.

seriff

#7 » Post by seriff » 13 Apr 2014 19:55

i wonder...for how long will it take to someone really pick up their ballz and ban some of those ALLMIGHTY ppl. They do whatever they want, they say whatever they want, they insult whoever they want and it reflects everywhere - wc, /s, forum and so on...ive talked about it with few GM-s and the response was...just use ignore...like wtf ??? that kind of ppl, just ruin the whole server....they respect nothing and nobody.

Those "allmighty" ppl, hmm everyone just knows about who im talking.

Garha

#8 » Post by Garha » 13 Apr 2014 19:59

Blacklustersoldier wrote:very well put mocni, and I support you... I am curious what exactly happened cause I am not up to date with who did what, and what did prodigy suggest :|
It would be good to know the whole story.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#9 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 13 Apr 2014 20:03

Anselmo wrote:
Rules wrote:1. Abusing, bugging in unbearable way or disrespecting a TW Staff member WILL COMPLETELY get you punished. We put in a lot of time to make this server playable for you and we expect a little politeness.
There is this. I put it to good use but most of our staff members chose not to.
that rule needs a bit of fixing
staff members shouldn't take abuse and disrespect from players, at the same the gm's shouldn't involve personal feelings twoards players when issuing a punishment.... I don't know if GM's are actively doing this right now, but if they are, they shouldn't.

Either way that's my opinion on the current situation, some may or may not agree with me.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Belthezar

#10 » Post by Belthezar » 13 Apr 2014 20:10

I agree with kapernakiss, but I don't see why GMs don't mute for disrespect anyway, I mean, there will always be ungrateful people, but just because the other 50% (even higher if u ask me) doesn't make monuments in the dev's name doesn't mean they don't appreciate everything they do and respect them for it.
I'm pretty sure the majority of the server has only respect and gratitude for Prodigy and his work, or at least I hope so.
I personally haven't seen him do anything I didn't like or considered unprofessional, but that's a different subject anyhow.
Anyways back to topic, what's so bad about muting?
I dislike the idea of getting a perma ban for 3 disrespects, although I'm pretty sure such rules are enforced anyhow, even if not written down somewhere.
I can understand 3 disrespects in a row, but say, in a period of 6 months, getting perma-banned for that is something I really wouldn't consider fair.
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204

Myaoming
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Myaoming » 13 Apr 2014 20:34

marko1984 wrote:My suggestion is Slarmin
We used to warn, and give a 3 days ban on a repeated offense.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Etro
Honorary Member

#12 » Post by Etro » 13 Apr 2014 20:45

marko1984 wrote:For any kind of GM disrespect we had 3 or 7 day ban for first offense(not sure which one)... but however here on TW it seems that some (older or more important) players have the authority to talk as they please insult devs or GMs and any idea they dont like... acting like little kids...
'More important'? Perhaps that's what they think, but i can't conceive any player being more important than the staff.
kapernakiss wrote:(...) I can't say all the Gms have earned the right to be respected. Gms I feel are people we could trust and look up to rather than worry of them being rude, unfair, or replying to our forum threads with a smug attitude. Perhaps I am comparing them to Blizzard Gms too much but isn't that the goal here? (...)
Everyone deserves a basic amount of respect, the respect that asks to not be insulted. Any more respect than that must be earned, yes. But I bet that Prodigy didn't leave because he wasn't being praised.
kapernakiss wrote:(....) But I feel we are allowed to voice our opinion. We see this server as a community together and take pride in it. I don't think its wrong to want to feel involved in changes like this. (...)
Yes, we are allowed to speak our minds, but, last I checked, we don't need to do so in disrespect.

People on the internet are rude and disrespectful because they don't have to bear with any real consequence. Their integrity lies in the fear of what it can be done to them, because I bet most of those kids we have around here wouldn't speak like they do it here to someone in their face.

Give them consequences and treat them like smart beings; 1 warning is enough. If they're not smart (enough) to fulfil a basic social requirement like respect is, IMO, they shouldn't be here.

I suggest a warning of 7 day ban
2nd time it is permaban.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Arockalypse
Donor

#13 » Post by Arockalypse » 13 Apr 2014 20:57

marko1984 wrote:Well this idea came from what happen with Prodigy and why he left... i was there i witnessed it and i think its time for this!
His own fault, he decided to come up with some custom thing, which ofc not everyone will agree having a custom duel box
He left because some players did not love his box ?
Really now? can you stop the drama already and not be so annoyed about not getting the support you expected?

marko1984 wrote:On Bloodcraft like mentioned so many times before, there was a much stricter way of punishing ppl for disrespect of players or GMs
On Bloodcraft? this isn't Bloodcraft, this is Truewow, ty.
we got a different way to actually deal with things, and how to imply custom fixes or whatever you wanna call that box, which is by making a poll, like Our old Staff members use to do.

I'm aware that Prodigy did alot for the server, and yes we are grateful, but that doesn't mean we are supposed to support everything he does.
Mocni, i think i know what you want
You want a server where swearing is forbidden, and insta mutable.
and whatever else that seems like shit,
HEY! let's have same rules as WoO, everything was moderated even whispers and guild / raid chats
If that is your idea of your perfect server, then go to hell, i've been on servers with retarded rules like that, all lovey dodey, no swearing, everyone is too nice...
Lemme tell you something, it stinks badly and dies too fast
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Naljs

#14 » Post by Naljs » 13 Apr 2014 21:30

It's not "his own fault". It's people like you who can't keep a civil tongue but have to tell people to "go to hell" that discourages someone to try to help.

And fyi, it was the "lovey dovey" that kept Bloodcraft a 1200+ population server, and a series of ddos attacks/power outtage while host was on vacations (long downtime) that killed it.
It's called a Throne.

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Apr 2014 21:45

We don't need harsher punishments, we just need people to find a better way to express their opinions, I think.