Class restrictions removed from Teir loot.

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Doublespoons

Class restrictions removed from Teir loot.

#1 » Post by Doublespoons » 16 Jul 2015 23:02

One of the best things that came from TBC was how viable every spec of every class had become. I would love to tank on my Paladin, but w/o Touch of the Light Talent we get 0 Spell power from our Strength. This means that in order to keep up on threat you need to slot in some spell power gear to generate extra threat for Protection Paladin to be viable. Doing so would result in a very very squishy tank unless things like Warrior 3 set Teir 1 could be slotted in. Some set bonuses could give them the extra boost to be a viable and very fun tank. Everyone knows I main a rogue from my stream, but am in the process of getting the paladin up as an alt for fun. I'm looking forward and hoping this will be allowed.

lokabi

Re: Class restrictions removed from Teir loot.

#2 » Post by lokabi » 17 Jul 2015 10:54

Will defenetly fix a lot of issues for hybrib classes having basicaly no gear options in vanilla. You just fall so much behind not being able to use your tier because it is just garbage for your talent choices. Hands down a great suggestion! Make the magic happen, and one enhancement shaman will be very very happy for sure.

Doublespoons

#3 » Post by Doublespoons » 17 Jul 2015 18:10

Lol Lithium are you trying to Slot in some Hunter gear? There are some very good stats on hunter gear. Your dps is already great i think your only issue is on long fights you go Oom pretty quickly. Remember you can still dps pretty good by just getting 3 set of your T1. Your shocks are spells and you get ATP off Intellect plus crit for your shocks, spellpower, and gloves/chest I think have 14 crit rating the rest has MP5 that could help you with mana during long fights. All your damage is probably auto attacks but dont ignore your shocks!! Also +Nature Damage will effect your Stormstrike... i think. This being said even if they don't allow you to slot hunter loot, make sure you at least get T1 3 set bonus.

Ministry

#4 » Post by Ministry » 25 Jul 2015 14:18

I second this.

I spoke to a guy who has a private server where he has removed Tier restrictions from the Warrior tier set so that Paladin's can use it.

This really is a no brainer here and Primal should definitely do it.

There's no point making classes viable with the Wotlk client if they don't have a gear set to work towards.
Apply at our website - http://ministryprimal.shivtr.com/ - Recruiting Primal's Highest Quality Raiders.

Doublespoons

#5 » Post by Doublespoons » 25 Jul 2015 18:58

Ministry wrote:I second this. This really is a no brainer here and Primal should definitely do it.
It isn't a "no brainer," there will be balancing issues for some classes if they took the restriction off completely. Look at rogue T2. Imagine a feral druid proccing Hand of Ragnaros+8 peice set bonus. That could be pretty overpowered. Enh shamans slotting in Hunter teir could do the same just because of the raw stats on the set. However. The game could change with Boomkins slotting in Mage T1 since the raw stats are better compared to Druid T1. Or Shadow Priests picking up Warlock T1 all the way down to 15% reduced mana on shadow spells. Idk how Viable the Priest/Druid option would be, just thinking outside of the box. Being able to swap teirs could be very fun and we'd be able to Theorycraft and enjoy Vanilla content as the same content, but in a different variety. With even the Talents set to 3.3.5a we're already experiencing this. I for one would be excited to see how classes would respond to gear set changes. Biggest outcome would a dramatic separation of who's smart enough at their class to figure these things out.

primalvucs

#6 » Post by primalvucs » 26 Jul 2015 03:21

this is a terrible idea

spartlinz

#7 » Post by spartlinz » 27 Jul 2015 00:57

What about just changing it for those that need it? For example:
Make Warrior set Paladin and Warrior
Make Rogue set Rogue and Druid
Make Hunter set Hunter and Shaman

Indicted

#8 » Post by Indicted » 27 Jul 2015 02:21

Please make rogue set allowed to be picked up by druid :D
A Forbidden Love, Star-crossed Lovers
Repel Image and Image Cakrin

Repel - 60 Druid
<Maple Syrup>

.jeffries

#9 » Post by .jeffries » 27 Jul 2015 03:08

Indicted wrote:Please allow CTS to be picked up by druids :D
Fixed.

Weedsmoker

#10 » Post by Weedsmoker » 27 Jul 2015 03:34

Bad idea really :o

Doublespoons

#11 » Post by Doublespoons » 27 Jul 2015 05:23

spartlinz wrote:What about just changing it for those that need it? For example:
Make Warrior set Paladin and Warrior
Make Rogue set Rogue and Druid
Make Hunter set Hunter and Shaman

The only specc really really hurting is Protection Paladin. Everything else really is fine. Allowing paladins to use Warrior Teir would make them stand a chance during Vanilla content only because trying to slot tank gear otherwise would mean them taking Deathbone gear till like AQ40 or something. I would just say allow Warrior T1 to be pally friendly. T2 they'll suffer a bit, but should be fine and during AQ/ZG there are random peices they can pickup to fill the void. Doing this might make Naxx a little more fun for certain fights. Instead of having 8 prot warriors like Vanilla Four Horsemen we'll have a mixture of Warriors/Palladins/Druids. Would just be a nice change of pace.

Allowing Hunter and Shaman or Rogue and Druid to share Teir could be overpowered as Shaman and Feral Druids are fine atm.

.renjiowns

#12 » Post by .renjiowns » 27 Jul 2015 05:26

I dont think this should happen at all, and if it does it should happen for every class.
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

Trmpah

#13 » Post by Trmpah » 27 Jul 2015 08:22

Just remove class restrictions completely. Let guilds control if their holy palas can wear Cenarion.

chasedavor

#14 » Post by chasedavor » 27 Jul 2015 13:31

Well since druids with 3.3.5 talents get crit immunity they are atm best tanks cos gear is rather easy to obtain. Paladins suffer cos no raid tank gear due to no defense on random epic plate drops.
Removing warrior label from wrath/might would be really really interesting....but then again too much custom :/

simmelma

#15 » Post by simmelma » 27 Jul 2015 18:36

Don't unlock talent points, don't remove class restrictions, just play vanilla on a wotlk client and leave it at that