Hunters in PvP

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Modernkennnern
Donor

Hunters in PvP

#1 » Post by Modernkennnern » 25 Jul 2015 19:17

I have now leveled a Druid to lv46, and I have done some PvP at every bracket, and hunters have always been able to one-shot everyone on my team, and when I enter, everyone states (accurately) how which team has the most hunters will always win, because their kiting potential and general insane damage.

I know you guys try to be most vanilla-like and all, but please atleast talk about looking over their damage in PvP.
I am not saying this because "EhrMaGerd, I lost to a hunter, plz nerf Blizz.." but seriously if everyone, even the hunters, say that they should be nerfed, something is obviously wrong.

I am not lvl60, so I do not know how it is at level 60, but I imagine Hunters are still very strong.

I am writing this because I want to play PvP, but I can't because Hunters are the only class which is feasible to play a fair game as. (by fair I mean being able to kill hunters)

.Sorrugis

Re: Hunters in PvP

#2 » Post by .Sorrugis » 25 Jul 2015 23:53

It gets better at later levels.

If you are looking to PvP as a druid your niche roles will either be a flag runner in WSG or feral in arena (2s bracket).

Boomkin might be feasible in 3s of they ever start popping, but 5s were typically where they'd flourish the most.
Pliny
60 Human Mage

Officer of Maple Syrup

Cleofatra

#3 » Post by Cleofatra » 26 Jul 2015 02:32

2 hunter 1 warrior team in wsg just lost to 1 warrior, 1 feral druid, 1 enhance shaman today. And before their warlock left for the shaman we were taking a beating as well. People have excellent closers in wotlk and can generally out sustain a hunter in 1v1. I'm looking at you warriors, shadow priests, feral druids, and shaman

.Zsombee
Banned

#4 » Post by .Zsombee » 26 Jul 2015 02:49

It's true, we got our asses handed in that WSG.
Warriors are not that big of a problem, as long as you can kite them, I also find enhancement shamans pretty ez, as long as they don't have half MC gear. The problem for hunters are spriest, and warlocks mainly because of those dots, and the general outsustainment they have. I'm also having a hard time with feral druids, since they break 80% of all my CCs and again outsustaining me with ease.
Because of the buffed HP theres no more 2-3 shot bursts which hurts hunters very well.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zsombee, Ambassador of 4chan <Hitler did nothing wrong>
No. 1 gaybasher on the server
Wants to kick <Vanilla Knights> and <Dawn> in the nutz
Loves getting killed by worloks, getting his loot stolen by guildies, badtrolling on /world and watching Varus exploiting.

"If they want war, then we shall give it to them." - He Who Shall Not Be Named 1939

Modernkennnern
Donor

#5 » Post by Modernkennnern » 26 Jul 2015 02:52

My worry is not lvl60 PvP, because I will probably not play it, my worry is the fact that lv10 -> 50(maybe 59 ) is almost completely dictated by which team got the most hunters. This is a BIG problem which makes almost noone play PvP below max level.

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 26 Jul 2015 11:36

If we do any balancing, it would be done at level 60. Anything below 60 is supposed to be like Blizzard created it in WotLK. Even though we need to make some adjustments for the Vanilla content, the general approach is still blizzlike instead of a complete custom server. If there are any class bugs that make this balance different, they should be reported. Too much custom balancing can quickly make things worse by making a different class overpowered.

Cleofatra

#7 » Post by Cleofatra » 29 Jul 2015 23:33

I'd like to point out that viper sting is a complete dogshit ability. Any way of getting a buff? :)

.landgin

#8 » Post by .landgin » 30 Jul 2015 01:18

http://imgur.com/nbFUUri

Please nerf (overall mc damage)

Cleofatra

#9 » Post by Cleofatra » 30 Jul 2015 01:40

fair and balanced^

.landgin

#10 » Post by .landgin » 30 Jul 2015 17:17

Hunters in pvp are ridiculous in pvp at lower levels.

.Zsombee
Banned

#11 » Post by .Zsombee » 30 Jul 2015 17:39

landgin wrote:http://imgur.com/nbFUUri

Please nerf (overall mc damage)
Oh I have higher dmg than Cleo? Ah mannnnn ahhhhhhh
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zsombee, Ambassador of 4chan <Hitler did nothing wrong>
No. 1 gaybasher on the server
Wants to kick <Vanilla Knights> and <Dawn> in the nutz
Loves getting killed by worloks, getting his loot stolen by guildies, badtrolling on /world and watching Varus exploiting.

"If they want war, then we shall give it to them." - He Who Shall Not Be Named 1939

Cleofatra

#12 » Post by Cleofatra » 30 Jul 2015 17:58

MARKSMAN SPEC IT DOESN'T COUNT :'( :'( :'(