[Rejected] Create PvP server?

.Deathix

[Rejected] Create PvP server?

#1 » Post by .Deathix » 23 Aug 2015 19:32

Can we have a PvP server so we can attract more players and keep the old PvE servers being as there is such a strong following for it. i feel its not fair to make the current server PvP being as half the player base is here because it is a PvE server, but creating PvP server i feel would make both parties happy. Yes it will affect the player base on each server but in time i feel it will level out. Thoughts?

.majstorfanta

Re: Create PvP server?

#2 » Post by .majstorfanta » 23 Aug 2015 20:01

+1
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Aceofclubs

.juliangod14

#3 » Post by .juliangod14 » 23 Aug 2015 20:14

Already discussed. The answer is no.
Blaze Industries™

.juliangod14

#4 » Post by .juliangod14 » 23 Aug 2015 20:16

Also the server would be fine if BGS popped. Go horde 20 alliance in Q all the time just need some more horde PVPers and in time everything will be fine.
Blaze Industries™

.Deathix

#5 » Post by .Deathix » 23 Aug 2015 22:01

Ur missing the point. its more about player population than PvP. I play here because it is a progressive server and i find that really cool, my only complaint is i wish there were more players. Having a PvP server would bring all those players who are turned off by the PvE side of things. Also leveling from 30+ is really hard to get into BGs, so once ur past level 30 i hope u dont like PvP because you wont be doing it till your level 60.

.landgin

#6 » Post by .landgin » 23 Aug 2015 22:18

No. Go join another server instead of crying about this.

Drek

#7 » Post by Drek » 23 Aug 2015 22:26

I think that the gms and the "pure" pvers are fine with this server having couple of hundred ppl online.
Just drop all those pvp suggestions, lets be honest, devs wont do anything about it( i dont know why, but if they wanted to do something, they would answer atleast some of the great suggestions on the forums).
Pure pvers dont seem to care about the population, they just care about the raid quality( if they did care, they would know that some things are needed to grow in population, and that raids would actually be almost intact).
All in all, they probably wont accept ur suggestion.
I hope im wrong, but i doubt it, and plz if i am wrong, i want to see some gm/dev response about the state of the server and whats their plan on fixing it.

.Deathix

#8 » Post by .Deathix » 23 Aug 2015 22:31

landgin wrote:No. Go join another server instead of crying about this.
No.

.Deathix

#9 » Post by .Deathix » 23 Aug 2015 22:37

Drek wrote:I think that the gms and the "pure" pvers are fine with this server having couple of hundred ppl online.
Just drop all those pvp suggestions, lets be honest, devs wont do anything about it( i dont know why, but if they wanted to do something, they would answer atleast some of the great suggestions on the forums).
Pure pvers dont seem to care about the population, they just care about the raid quality( if they did care, they would know that some things are needed to grow in population, and that raids would actually be almost intact).
All in all, they probably wont accept ur suggestion.
I hope im wrong, but i doubt it, and plz if i am wrong, i want to see some gm/dev response about the state of the server and whats their plan on fixing it.
I care about PvP and PvE equally. But id love to have a larger population so that i don't have to talk with the other faction and do dungeons with them. the reason im on this server is because its a progression server and i don't know of any other servers like this one. i know a lot of people here want PvP and there's even more that haven't tried this server because its PvE. Again i just want a larger population.

Shave

#10 » Post by Shave » 23 Aug 2015 23:02

The server should just switch pvp.

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 23 Aug 2015 23:02

The decision was already made about this: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 26#p176432

Changing the server to PvP won't increase population, it would only decrease due to current players leaving. Blaming us that we don't want to increase population is just unbelievable, of course we want it to increase. But creating another server would only split population which is not that easy to recover from as you think. Besides, we already have TrueWoW as PvP server, just a little bit different mechanics at high levels.

Our goal is progression which is all about PvE. PvP mechanics won't change at all during the entire Vanilla phase. Many players don't want to be forced into PvP. They would join a BG if they really wanted that, this is even more true on a PvE server. But seeing the amount of people who queue for a BG, it's clear that only a minority is interested in PvP.

Players will only end up disagreeing with each other. Nothing will change if there is no agreement on what's best for the server. I am afraid this thread will also be closed as soon as the discussion turns into a flame war. If new players see people insulting each other at the forums, that's what really turns them away from the server.

Drek

#12 » Post by Drek » 23 Aug 2015 23:37

Thank you very much for the answer.
My post probably wasnt really about this particular topic, but i was actually talking about other suggestions that could possibly be implemented.
Maybe i was too harsh when i said that u dont care, but i will simply only be assured when i see that there are some plans for future(atm, i only hope there are).
Btw, i dont like this suggestion at all, so you dont have to explain me why its bad.
I apologise if the last post seemed insulting.
Also, people that want bgs are not such a minority,
thers alot of ppl that want to play bgs, there are just alot of reason they dont for every person diffrent(gear, small amount of players in bg, frustration of losing, etc.). Some of those things can be made a bit more berable with some suggestions from the forums.
Last edited by wartz on 23 Aug 2015 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

hakimers

#13 » Post by hakimers » 23 Aug 2015 23:50

@Prime
You cannot say for sure opening PvP server would make population only smaller - it is only an assumption based on flawed logic, which takes into account about 20 or 30 active forum users' opinion, leaving all drama-less PvPers' opinion hidden. Me and few others been trying to advertise the server in friends/small communities and we almost always heard question: "How is PvP there?" "BGs poping alot?". To these questions always replay "It's PvE." came, ofcourse, and it was most of the time end of the converstion.

You see based on these experiences me and few others had, we made an assumption that making another server would only increase player base overall. Spliting into half? All geared and nongeared PvErs won't go PvP server, well, because they don't want to do PvP and wanna progress in their lovely, crossfraction guild, and only people who are not exacly satisfied or even thrist PvP server would move to that one (even though BiS geared already).

If You reason from these premises You'll get a result that opening PvP server makes more people happy, more people playing Your game and end of the, i am sorry, but, fucking endless acid flame on forum.

Sylaces

#14 » Post by Sylaces » 24 Aug 2015 00:16

Prime wrote:The decision was already made about this: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 26#p176432

Changing the server to PvP won't increase population, it would only decrease due to current players leaving. Blaming us that we don't want to increase population is just unbelievable, of course we want it to increase. But creating another server would only split population which is not that easy to recover from as you think. Besides, we already have TrueWoW as PvP server, just a little bit different mechanics at high levels.

Our goal is progression which is all about PvE. PvP mechanics won't change at all during the entire Vanilla phase. Many players don't want to be forced into PvP. They would join a BG if they really wanted that, this is even more true on a PvE server. But seeing the amount of people who queue for a BG, it's clear that only a minority is interested in PvP.

Players will only end up disagreeing with each other. Nothing will change if there is no agreement on what's best for the server. I am afraid this thread will also be closed as soon as the discussion turns into a flame war. If new players see people insulting each other at the forums, that's what really turns them away from the server.
what about all those proposals such as the daily pvp quests, pvp tabard or bg honor system ? it would give pvpers an incentive and it would not force pvp on anyone, is there any chance for something like that to be ever implemented ?

Fice94
Donor

#15 » Post by Fice94 » 24 Aug 2015 00:30

Why you even play on a progressive PVE Server when you want to PvP. Arena and BGs are always the same even on retail blizzard doesnt give a fuck about PvP.
Just join a Arena/BG Tournament PVP IM MVP Server and dont piss of every one with your shitty funserver tabard requestes.

Server will decrease in server population since retards will gank with his 60 green geared rogue low level in strangelthorn wow such skill
Zen - 60 Undead Mage <Crimson>
Pyroblast - Crit! - Aggro - Blink - Frostnova - WIPE