Latency issue with only one character

Fearsum

Latency issue with only one character

#1 » Post by Fearsum » 22 Jun 2016 00:17

I know this is gonna sound crazy but I am having issues with one of my characters. He has become unplayable due to 10k plus latency. I have disabled all add-ons and cleared my WTF and wbd files. I can log onto and alt and have no issues at all. Anyone know a fix or what else I can try to get the latency down on my main character. Thank you in advance for all the help.

Chillmaster

Re: Latency issue with only one character

#2 » Post by Chillmaster » 22 Jun 2016 02:14

Well that might actually happen with some kind of bug in your interface, im not sure.
You could try and delete your "WTF" Folder but if you do you will get your addons reseted to as they were when u downloaded.

Mortium

#3 » Post by Mortium » 22 Jun 2016 06:45

Sorry if I misunderstood you but did you clear the folder named 'Cache' as well? Other than that I have no idea what might be causing this if it only happens on one character only.

arnis5
Banned

#4 » Post by arnis5 » 22 Jun 2016 12:12

Mortium wrote:Sorry if I misunderstood you but did you clear the folder named 'Cache' as well? Other than that I have no idea what might be causing this if it only happens on one character only.
Clearing Cache folder can't help at all, cause you know clearing Cache folder is not always a solution to a problem :p .
Dear player what you should do is to take an SS of addons that you have ON for both of your characters, most likely your latency can be issued by some addons. 1st thing I can recomend you is to try turn off all your addons and log in, if your latency is lower then yeah addon is causing a problem, after we determined the problem now you gota enable addons 1 by 1 and check which addon is causing your a latency problem. Hope so this was helpfull and have a nice day :)
(Also you should be aware that if you are playing on Low settings on 1 character and on Ultra on another one it might cause high latency aswell cuz more data is being transfered when you are using Ultra settings)
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 22 Jun 2016 14:06

arnis5 wrote:Dear player what you should do is to take an SS of addons that you have ON for both of your characters, most likely your latency can be issued by some addons. 1st thing I can recomend you is to try turn off all your addons and log in, if your latency is lower then yeah addon is causing a problem, after we determined the problem now you gota enable addons 1 by 1 and check which addon is causing your a latency problem. Hope so this was helpfull and have a nice day :)
Fearsum wrote: I have disabled all add-ons and cleared my WTF and wbd files.
[hr=5][/hr]
(Also you should be aware that if you are playing on Low settings on 1 character and on Ultra on another one it might cause high latency aswell cuz more data is being transfered when you are using Ultra settings)
Cant set video settings for each character differently unless you using two WoW clients which l doubt its case.
[hr=5][/hr]
l heard about this problem on world chat few years ago but l also wish to hear solution.

arnis5
Banned

#6 » Post by arnis5 » 22 Jun 2016 14:36

Oh I must have missed the line with addons then but I also forgot to say some macros are causing lags so if you can pls tell me if you are using macros on other character which include /stopcast in and pls if you can tell me if your alt is Dk or Warrior by any chance
The Demonic Lord!

Mortium

#7 » Post by Mortium » 22 Jun 2016 14:51

arnis5 wrote:
Mortium wrote:Sorry if I misunderstood you but did you clear the folder named 'Cache' as well? Other than that I have no idea what might be causing this if it only happens on one character only.
Clearing Cache folder can't help at all, cause you know clearing Cache folder is not always a solution to a problem :p .
It was just a suggestion which helped me once, however it didn't eliminate the real problem only fixed it temporarily. I got it explained by some other player that data is stored in your cache folder to load faster however if that data is too big, or rather too overwhelming, then it would load slower and require more power. This is how I got it explained but I guess it's worth trying.

arnis5
Banned

#8 » Post by arnis5 » 22 Jun 2016 15:10

Mortium wrote:
arnis5 wrote:
It was just a suggestion which helped me once, however it didn't eliminate the real problem only fixed it temporarily. I got it explained by some other player that data is stored in your cache folder to load faster however if that data is too big, or rather too overwhelming, then it would load slower and require more power. This is how I got it explained but I guess it's worth trying.
Deleting the cache will remove all in-game data that you have seen and has gotten cached for easier viewing in the future (sort of like Temporary Internet Files/Temp). This makes item linking and clicking item links a lot faster and generally makes loading something like NPCs marginally quicker. Deleting the cache will remove these records, though a new one will be created and populated through normal play. For instance, seeing an item link will send it to the cache for easier viewing in the future (sometimes if you fetch an item link through a macro it may not be able to retrieve the data from the server if the item link in question is not "there"). Getting close enough to an NPC to see it will cause it to load up, putting the data associated with the NPC into the cache so you can view it (which is when NPCScan triggers).
And only reason why people clear cache is to resolve errors that come up on the client or add-ons cause basicly cache folder is there to help your game run faster no matter how big your cache folder is :)
The Demonic Lord!

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Jun 2016 15:15

Hello,

Cache clearing would indeed be counter-productive in this case as it would just force the client to cache the data again if anything, though it really doesn't impact anything at all.

Have you tried using your Hearthstone or our Unstuck feature? It could be related to the area your character is currently landed at. In case it is, please inform us of what area it is and any other peculiar circumstance you may notice (like for example a huge clutter of creatures in a specific area).

Otherwise, you could also try giving us your character name and we'd be trying to port it for you too and checking for other possible malfunction.

Additionally, you may also try opening a ticket in-game about your issue in case you do not wish to reveal your character names.

Thank you for your time,

Regards.

Fearsum

#10 » Post by Fearsum » 22 Jun 2016 20:34

Thank you all for the suggestions. I have turned off all my add-ons and still have the same latency. I have talked with roel and dymond about it. I use all the same add-ons for all my characters and this is the only one doing it up until about 6 hrs ago. The latency was OK but then I had to goto work.....lol. I will be checking when I get home again. I have tried different locations with the same result of high latency. I am on primalwow and I do not use any macros at all. My alts are shaman mage and rogue. My main is a warrior. His name is spankdatank a male tauren warrior.
Last edited by Fearsum on 23 Jun 2016 04:24, edited 1 time in total.

Fastor

#11 » Post by Fastor » 22 Jun 2016 21:12

Off topic, saying you dont use macros and you play warrior is dangerous here ^_^

Fearsum

#12 » Post by Fearsum » 23 Jun 2016 04:25

LMAO he is prot who needs macro for a one button rotation.....LMFAO

Fastor

#13 » Post by Fastor » 23 Jun 2016 07:35

Fearsum wrote:LMAO he is prot who needs macro for a one button rotation.....LMFAO
Shhh you will make them more angry ^_^

Fearsum

#14 » Post by Fearsum » 24 Jun 2016 15:08

Today my latency is good but i get really big lags in un'goro crater

Fearsum

#15 » Post by Fearsum » 25 Jun 2016 01:59

Well another night and not being able to play this game cause of super high latency and of course i get no answers from anyone that runs the server. Funny how i can play on every other private server i have played on and can play with no latency issues. but the second i hop onto truewow.org bammmmmm 15000 plus latency. But no its not on their end. i am running no i mean no addons, no nothing bare bone stock wotlk ui. not even deadly boss mods trying to get this game to actually work and still nothing. uninstalled and installed a new clean WOTLK. still same issue