[Rejected] Iron Fist

HurtVonnegut

[Rejected] Iron Fist

#1 » Post by HurtVonnegut » 08 Oct 2011 07:14

I would like to know if it has ever occurred to anyone(the staff) that perhaps this server is a bit too iron fisted about "the rules." I understand that they are important. But I also believe that some rules are far more important than others ie: no hax.

I truly do think this server would benefit greatly if everyone was a bit more lenient as rules were not made equal.
The punishment Truewow consistently deals(not so consistently anymore as the only people left are loyals) out has been the cause of plenty of turmoil. I also think there should be more rules in place as to how the staff treats the players. You're here to help people. Not scare them away.

Intervention
Former Staff

Re: Iron Fist

#2 » Post by Intervention » 08 Oct 2011 09:41

It's hard to be 100% fair all the time with so many issues. In comparison to Blizzard, we have to deal with numerous unknown or rather strange bugs and issues that wouldn't normal be a problem. We don't have a professional hierarchical tree setup and nor do we have a 100% fool-proof set of policies.

We are all volounteers and try and do our best and at the same time keep in mind cultural values and personal opinions. Even if we must support the minority at times or even reject the minorities opinion, it sometimes may be for the best. It is a tough system to work with but i assure you on behalf of the staff i can confidently say we try and do what we think is right and keep the server running.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

HurtVonnegut

#3 » Post by HurtVonnegut » 13 Oct 2011 04:46

I totally understand and appreciate everything you guys have done for the server but I think certain issues (especially chat) should be treated with a deal of light-heartedness. I also think that because the gms are server staff they should be kept on a fairly tight leash in the way they treat new comers. Our staff reputation should be something we can pride ourselves in, instead of the cause of turmoil on this server. Obviously the rules are important but as I've stated before, some rules are more important than others and the rules without great concern should be treated with a deal of leniency.

Locus

#4 » Post by Locus » 13 Oct 2011 06:12

I think the answer to that is what OkweLl wrote about moderation in the following thread http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 5&start=15 I'll quote part of it here
OkweL wrote:That's why your rank is named MODERATOR, not Policeman. Your job is to decide when to warn, when to punish, when to pass it. All of you went much too strictly on alliance side in the past. Then after I explained the problem in staff section you became more softy and chat was still fine, but players could talk and joke more often. That was positive change. Infinity as the most active ally mod (on any character, Mithrandir, Infinity or Aztek) can say the most how many times he just warned and not only muted. Peithne on the other hand was just muting, no matter what, rule break = 2 hours mute
you can check the context on the thread if you want to.

Protective

#5 » Post by Protective » 13 Oct 2011 07:34

I went for a few reasons to the horde side, and one of them is because of the mods and GMs on the alliance side. It feels a bit more like a "prison", you can't make a mistype or you will get muted. Also, when I was on my mage for a moment to check some items and gold, I found out Mods and GMs were talking there in public with tag on, discussing daily life. Come on!, aren't you guys supposed to do useful things with those Blizz tags and not use them in chat, it looks VERY unproffesional. Sorry if I insulted you, but it's the truth, alliance has a "Prison" feeling.

Locus

#6 » Post by Locus » 13 Oct 2011 11:53

you could write about it here http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... start=1155 so the rest of the staff can see. That's the thread to review staff.

HurtVonnegut

#7 » Post by HurtVonnegut » 13 Oct 2011 22:10

Thanks locus. I suppose OKweL pretty much covered it. I didn't get a chance to see that topic before making this one (obviously.)

Locus

#8 » Post by Locus » 14 Oct 2011 07:06

It was deleted now sadly, supposedly it was a "forum war". And no problem.

HurtVonnegut

#9 » Post by HurtVonnegut » 15 Oct 2011 19:14

Well that sounds promising......heh.