Reins of the Green Proto-Drake drop chance bug

Liqueur
Honorary Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Reins of the Green Proto-Drake drop chance bug

#16 » Post by Liqueur » 27 Apr 2016 15:28

Any progress on fixing this? Changing the proto drake's drop rate went pretty fast yesterday. Today's the reset so I would like to wait on that 1% drop chance before doing Kara so I can avoid wasting my run like I've apparently been wasting them for the past 4 years or so.
Liqueur ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (PvE Ret/PvP Holy)
Caffeine ~ level 80 Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
Narcotic ~ level 80 Undead Priest (Disc/Shadow)
Megalomaniac ~ level 80 Orc Death Knight (UH DPS/Frost-Blood hybrid tank)
Lemuria ~ level 80 Troll Hunter (MM/BM)
Daisy ~ level 80 Tauren Druid (Balance/Resto)
Eszti ~ level 80 Human Warlock (Destro/Affli)
Gummybear ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy/Prot)
Lazy ~ level 80 Troll Rogue (Combat)
Foamy ~ level 80 Troll Priest (Holy/Shadow)
Bloodcow ~ level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Blood Tank/Blood DPS)
Neuroticfish ~ level 80 Night Elf Druid (Feral Cat/Bear)
Soilbleed ~ level 80 Orc Shaman (Enha/Resto)
Anemia ~ level 80 Blood Elf Mage (Fire/FFB)
Rottenmaiden ~ level 60 Undead Warlock

VergilGC
Honorary Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

#17 » Post by VergilGC » 27 Apr 2016 22:15

Bump.

Doctor_J
Developer

#18 » Post by Doctor_J » 27 Apr 2016 23:36

Fix for Reins of the Green Protodrake had already been previously changed but change was lost when core/db was previously reverted and was forgotten about,

For items which have never been changed then the place to start is the bug tracker, go and report it there.

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#19 » Post by Liqueur » 28 Apr 2016 00:00

It is known that if a bugtracker report is made it will be forgotten and it could take us many months of farming said mount with a bugged drop rate before it is even considered to be fixed. Yet changing a number in the database takes less than a minute, and if both the EoE10 mount drop and the Green Proto-Drake mount drop could be fixed so quickly and with such ease, why should this be any different? During the time it has taken us to discuss this matter it could have been fixed 10 times and forgive me but I am sure I'm not the only one frustrated to find out after many years of farming these mounts that their drop rate is in fact bugged.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Hansrutger » 28 Apr 2016 00:12

I'd beg a differ. The reports I have made have been resolved (not all but most). As for a number to be changed within a second, why don't you go and try to alter the column then yourself since it takes so little time :3 no matter how long time something takes, developers here are not getting paid so stop pushing them. And by the way a "thank you" to them once in a while wouldn't be too bad either, as far as I saw you didn't mention anything of such kind at least. "Fix this", "fix that"... jeez. Good thing I'm not a developer, I'd just ignore this since I could put my time somewhere else than fixing something people aren't appreciative of :D don't get me wrong though. I'm glad people are trying to find evidence of what is correct, but to expect everything be served on a silver plate? Comon...
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Gnurg

#21 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Apr 2016 00:53

From your PoV the bugtracker might seem unecessary and over complicated, because you have like say 10 issues you are interrested in. From a developer's PoV you would be 'interrested' in fixing all issues present on the server and thus the search and filter functionality of the bugtracker is awesome. You can make parent reports making it easy to have a look at similiar issues to the one you just fixed.

On top of that the bugtracker provides logs making it easy to backtrack if it has been fixed before, who it was fixed by and when it was fixed. Making it easy to lookup an old fix that might have been cleared by a core update, rather than making something from scratch everytime.

Simply make the report there and a fix will be pushed.

Code: Select all

UPDATE 'creature_loot_template' SET 'chance'=1 WHERE 'entry'=15550 AND 'item'=30480;
If you're in such a hurry for each fix, you could take an hour or two to look into how you can provide fixes yourself. https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/ ... t_template and http://shinworld.altervista.org/Keira2/#/ would be a neat place to start. As for how to do SQL, I believe Nyeriah wrote a guide on it some time before Christmas last year, but SQL is very simple to deduce.

Other than that, try to thank the hard working developers and GMs instead of craving more and more from them without giving anything in return.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Kniteknite

#22 » Post by Kniteknite » 28 Apr 2016 10:11

thor·ough
ˈTHərō/
adjective
adjective: thorough

complete with regard to every detail; not superficial or partial.
"planners need a thorough understanding of the subject"
synonyms: rigorous, in-depth, exhaustive, thoroughgoing, minute, detailed, close, meticulous, methodical, careful, complete, comprehensive, full, extensive, widespread, sweeping, all-embracing, all-inclusive
"a thorough investigation"
antonyms: superficial, cursory, partial
performed or written with great care and completeness.
"officers have made a thorough examination of the wreckage"
synonyms: meticulous, scrupulous, assiduous, conscientious, painstaking, methodical, careful, diligent, industrious, hard-working
"he is slow but thorough"
antonyms: careless
taking pains to do something carefully and completely.
"the Canadian authorities are very thorough"
synonyms: meticulous, scrupulous, assiduous, conscientious, painstaking, methodical, careful, diligent, industrious, hard-working
"he is slow but thorough" ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#23 » Post by Errorista » 28 Apr 2016 11:54

I was about to make bugtracker report myself after school but someone was faster than me.

http://www.truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=3785

VergilGC
Honorary Member

#24 » Post by VergilGC » 28 Apr 2016 12:16

Dunno if you guys have some quarrel in-game or whatever, but all this walls of text could have been avoided by simply saying, no we cannot just change it from 0.5 to 1% (even if it takes 1min) before you make a topic in bugtracker. We were under impression that you can, because you did that with Green Proto Drake, but apparently
Fix for Reins of the Green Protodrake had already been previously changed but change was lost when core/db was previously reverted and was forgotten about,
so you just reverted it as it should be. Thanks for that, those who were unlucky with GPD drops, will now have more chance to get it.

No one even questioned work of Devs, thank you for your time and will to make this sever a better place to play in.

I've made topic in bugtracker, saying this so that Liqueur doesn't make another.

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#25 » Post by Liqueur » 28 Apr 2016 12:39

Hansrutger wrote:As for a number to be changed within a second, why don't you go and try to alter the column then yourself since it takes so little time :3
I would love to fix these bugs myself, sadly I have no permission to do that.
Hansrutger wrote: no matter how long time something takes, developers here are not getting paid so stop pushing them. And by the way a "thank you" to them once in a while wouldn't be too bad either, as far as I saw you didn't mention anything of such kind at least. "Fix this", "fix that"... jeez.
After Docmin's last reply and the topic being locked, since obviously I couldn't reply here, I wrote a PM to him. I thanked him for his quick reply and help first of all, and also brought the matter of the Karazhan horse to his attention. I told him I will make a butracker report if he so wishes, but he never replied there. Then Errorista went ahead and opened the topic again, and we continued the discussion there.
Hansrutger wrote:Good thing I'm not a developer, I'd just ignore this since I could put my time somewhere else than fixing something people aren't appreciative of :D don't get me wrong though. I'm glad people are trying to find evidence of what is correct, but to expect everything be served on a silver plate? Comon...
Developers aren't getting paid and they were perfectly aware of that when they signed up for the job. If they are here to help the server free of charge, then they should attempt to make the best job at it. But when I get replies to my bug reports such as
Nyeriah wrote:Increased loot chance to 100% on PTR... so you can go and cry over your bad luck.
instead of simply looking into the matter only to realize it is indeed bugged like I claimed, then forgive me for not licking any GM's ass for all the mighty work they have done for the server and us, the players. The relationship between us should be based on mutual respect and understanding. When GMs talk to us or me like they are above us and like our word means nothing on this server, then I can have no respect for them.

Gnurg wrote:From your PoV the bugtracker might seem unecessary and over complicated, because you have like say 10 issues you are interrested in. From a developer's PoV you would be 'interrested' in fixing all issues present on the server and thus the search and filter functionality of the bugtracker is awesome. You can make parent reports making it easy to have a look at similiar issues to the one you just fixed.

On top of that the bugtracker provides logs making it easy to backtrack if it has been fixed before, who it was fixed by and when it was fixed. Making it easy to lookup an old fix that might have been cleared by a core update, rather than making something from scratch everytime.

Simply make the report there and a fix will be pushed.
Then instead of being impatient and difficult you could start explaining such things about bugtracker to people like me, so that we can better understand it and make better use of it in the future. It's a win-win situation really.
Gnurg wrote:If you're in such a hurry for each fix, you could take an hour or two to look into how you can provide fixes yourself. https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/ ... t_template and http://shinworld.altervista.org/Keira2/#/ would be a neat place to start. As for how to do SQL, I believe Nyeriah wrote a guide on it some time before Christmas last year, but SQL is very simple to deduce.

Other than that, try to thank the hard working developers and GMs instead of craving more and more from them without giving anything in return.
I believe that isn't my area of expertise to work in, however I'm sure many players have the aspiration to learn these things and help GMs. But please, don't put it like I haven't done anything for them and the server. I reported every bug I have come across so far, some were more important, some less important. I even reported typos on the TW server, for crying out loud (sure, it's just esthetical). I worked on the complete list of mount and pet IDs (twice, because first I misunderstood the nature of the IDs I need to collect) and made it possible for Roel to post the ladders that, as far as I know, are being worked atm to be implemented full time on the site. Trust me, it wasn't a small task. And you have to realize that if it wasn't for me, EoE10 still wouldn't drop the mount it was supposed to, Green Proto Drake would have half the chance at dropping, and so does the Karazhan horse for now (although I have to thank Vergilgc for his help in that matter). Yes, I notice and report bugs that are somehow relevant to me, not because I am selfish, but how else would one find any bugs ingame, than repeatedly farming/doing something until they realize something doesn't work as intended. And that is a heavy price to pay, collectors like me can surely relate. I would report every drop rate bug if I could. And I still believe changing that one number isn't a big deal, as it has been proven in the case of the EoE10 mount and the Green Proto-Drake. And I'm pretty sure it would have taken less time than it took us this discussion on this thread. But you have your bug tracker report, so everything should be fine now.
Errorista wrote:I was about to make bugtracker report myself after school but someone was faster than me.

http://www.truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=3785
Thank you.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#26 » Post by Errorista » 03 May 2016 13:03

Drop chance for Karazhan mount will be 1% after update.

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#27 » Post by Liqueur » 03 May 2016 14:26

Nice, thanks again.