The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
User avatar
dragonheart
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 Sep 2016 09:03

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#751 » Post by dragonheart » 09 Mar 2021 15:57

Can I do the quests in Blasted Lands that put a buff on you when they are turned in?

User avatar
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader
Posts: 1840
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 14:31

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#752 » Post by Errorista » 10 Mar 2021 15:10

dragonheart wrote:
09 Mar 2021 15:57
Can I do the quests in Blasted Lands that put a buff on you when they are turned in?
is it necessary to finish this quest? in general it is better to avoid any possible problems with disqualification.

User avatar
drashai
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Feb 2021 00:01

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#753 » Post by drashai » 14 Mar 2021 14:29

There are more quest giving a buf. How can we know the quest will do this? And its part of doing quests .. didnt see anything in the rules about receiving bufs from quests (that its not allowed)

User avatar
Dymond
Senior Game Master
Posts: 1707
Joined: 20 Jan 2013 13:42
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#754 » Post by Dymond » 14 Mar 2021 21:19

You have to be careful with quest with buffs, for example there is one in Tanaris, where you drink a potion and you die instantly to be able to see the quest npc.
“No one is perfect - that’s why pencils have erasers.”

User avatar
Coldiep
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 Aug 2016 21:43

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#755 » Post by Coldiep » 02 Apr 2021 14:30

Image
So, I've encountered this abomination of merged mobs (If my calculations are right, there were 18+ Geists in 1). The damage came in 1 frame, but the main problem wasn't even that. It was the Shield Block ignore, as well as total ignore of any defense whatsoever (not even a single miss/dodge/parry). I was aware that they often "merge" on the private servers, hence the use of the SB pre-pull, but the total avoidance bypass combined with the sheer numbers of them is kinda wrong, in my humble opinion. Restore Coldiep if possible

User avatar
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader
Posts: 1840
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 14:31

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#756 » Post by Errorista » 02 Apr 2021 20:10

Coldiep wrote:
02 Apr 2021 14:30
Image
So, I've encountered this abomination of merged mobs (If my calculations are right, there were 18+ Geists in 1). The damage came in 1 frame, but the main problem wasn't even that. It was the Shield Block ignore, as well as total ignore of any defense whatsoever (not even a single miss/dodge/parry). I was aware that they often "merge" on the private servers, hence the use of the SB pre-pull, but the total avoidance bypass combined with the sheer numbers of them is kinda wrong, in my humble opinion. Restore Coldiep if possible
thats why ppl pick Hunter for this challenge to avoid crazy surprises :D

anyway, death count cleared

gl on the last 3 levels

User avatar
Coldiep
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 Aug 2016 21:43

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#757 » Post by Coldiep » 02 Apr 2021 21:45

Errorista wrote:
02 Apr 2021 20:10
thats why ppl pick Hunter for this challenge to avoid crazy surprises :D

anyway, death count cleared

gl on the last 3 levels
Thanks man, very appreciate it!
Regarding hunters - I'd say Revenge spammers are even safer due to their capabilities to mow down even 6+ mobs (esp. when you're 3-5 lvl higher, which you should be for IM) with cooldowns and not being so furiously cucked by a wild FD resist. If not for this bizarre avoidance bypass (nobody also dazed me, so they weren't at my back even if they somehow had an opportunity to teleport and attack in 1 frame - IIRC, some Snork-type mobs can leap at you), I'd have some chances against even 20 of them. But ohwell. Thanks one more time anyways, I'll try my best to check any future quests for this kind of stuff ahead :)

User avatar
Sassafrass53
Posts: 5
Joined: 05 Nov 2019 06:41

Mystery Death!

#758 » Post by Sassafrass53 » 11 Apr 2021 05:54

Hi Guys. I'm posting on behalf of my lvl13 Warlock, Abbacadabra... So I'm happily watching my demon fight and helping when necessary, when all of the sudden I'm dead. I was at full health on level ground, but the combat text tells me I died and lost my entire health from a fall! Can I get a reinstatement?


Couldn't get past the size error on the post a pic dialog, but I linked the jpg from my cloud drive.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bmp4Bc ... sp=sharing

User avatar
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader
Posts: 1840
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 14:31

Re: Mystery Death!

#759 » Post by Errorista » 11 Apr 2021 06:43

Sassafrass53 wrote:
11 Apr 2021 05:54
Hi Guys. I'm posting on behalf of my lvl13 Warlock, Abbacadabra... So I'm happily watching my demon fight and helping when necessary, when all of the sudden I'm dead. I was at full health on level ground, but the combat text tells me I died and lost my entire health from a fall! Can I get a reinstatement?


Couldn't get past the size error on the post a pic dialog, but I linked the jpg from my cloud drive.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bmp4Bc ... sp=sharing
Hello, death counter cleared. I cannot really reproduce this issue. My theory is lagging while walking on uneven terrain. Better avoid these situations next time.

Cheers.

User avatar
omardemiro94
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 May 2013 15:32
Location: Egypt

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#760 » Post by omardemiro94 » 16 Apr 2021 15:46

Hey guys, I've had a really weird death just now.

I was just making my way through the Eastern Plagued lands omw to Light Hope's Chapel, everything was going fine. Then all of a sudden instant death. I assume it was some sort of lag spike? At-least that's what I'm guessing from the log.
Could I get some help with this please?

Froz
Level 59

Here's a screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Df7sD ... K7Vi1xhNNS

User avatar
w.verheij
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Jul 2015 13:28

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#761 » Post by w.verheij » 17 Apr 2021 13:44

I also had an unusual death on my hunter Deala,
I stepped out of the boatlift on the Isle of Spears/Kamagua and was death in an instant.
but forgot the screenshot -_-. but it shows as a blank on the ironman page,
could a gm please have a look at this?

Deala

User avatar
Dymond
Senior Game Master
Posts: 1707
Joined: 20 Jan 2013 13:42
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#762 » Post by Dymond » 17 Apr 2021 17:13

omardemiro94 wrote:
16 Apr 2021 15:46
Hey guys, I've had a really weird death just now.

I was just making my way through the Eastern Plagued lands omw to Light Hope's Chapel, everything was going fine. Then all of a sudden instant death. I assume it was some sort of lag spike? At-least that's what I'm guessing from the log.
Could I get some help with this please?

Froz
Level 59

Here's a screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Df7sD ... K7Vi1xhNNS

Death cleared for player Froz successfully. If you begin experiencing any lag, it is best to log out immediately. Good Luck!
“No one is perfect - that’s why pencils have erasers.”

User avatar
omardemiro94
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 May 2013 15:32
Location: Egypt

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#763 » Post by omardemiro94 » 17 Apr 2021 17:15

Dymond wrote:
17 Apr 2021 17:13
omardemiro94 wrote:
16 Apr 2021 15:46
Hey guys, I've had a really weird death just now.

I was just making my way through the Eastern Plagued lands omw to Light Hope's Chapel, everything was going fine. Then all of a sudden instant death. I assume it was some sort of lag spike? At-least that's what I'm guessing from the log.
Could I get some help with this please?

Froz
Level 59

Here's a screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Df7sD ... K7Vi1xhNNS

Death cleared for player Froz successfully. If you begin experiencing any lag, it is best to log out immediately. Good Luck!
Thank you! <3

User avatar
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader
Posts: 1840
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 14:31

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#764 » Post by Errorista » 17 Apr 2021 17:18

w.verheij wrote:
17 Apr 2021 13:44
I also had an unusual death on my hunter Deala,
I stepped out of the boatlift on the Isle of Spears/Kamagua and was death in an instant.
but forgot the screenshot -_-. but it shows as a blank on the ironman page,
could a gm please have a look at this?

Deala
Hello, cleared your death count. Boatlifts are still imperfect sadly :( Good luck on the last 10 levels.

User avatar
w.verheij
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Jul 2015 13:28

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#765 » Post by w.verheij » 17 Apr 2021 17:22

Errorista wrote:
17 Apr 2021 17:18
w.verheij wrote:
17 Apr 2021 13:44
I also had an unusual death on my hunter Deala,
I stepped out of the boatlift on the Isle of Spears/Kamagua and was death in an instant.
but forgot the screenshot -_-. but it shows as a blank on the ironman page,
could a gm please have a look at this?

Deala
Hello, cleared your death count. Boatlifts are still imperfect sadly :( Good luck on the last 10 levels.
thanks a lot ^^

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest