[Accepted] What should we do with the channels?

What should we do with the channels?

To delete the 80s' channel and make the /world channel a channel for everything again
50%
To stop moderating channel purpose once and for all, it would mean that all channels could be used for everything, the blizzlike way
41%
Keep the channel system the way it is with /world /LFG and /80s
10%

Total votes: 103

Intervention
Former Staff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What should we do with the channels?

#31 » Post by Intervention » 16 Jun 2012 11:34

Yeah but LFG is just a world wide known channel for this game. If you knew the game slightly you'd know to join it or whatever. Whereas here.. Alliance80 and Horde80 aren't as known where as most private servers have a 'world' channel.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Alexandros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

#32 » Post by Alexandros » 16 Jun 2012 11:41

Just a question, does the option 1 mean that /LFG will also be used for everything, or is it just limited to /world?

Intervention
Former Staff

#33 » Post by Intervention » 16 Jun 2012 11:42

Can be used for everything.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Alexandros

#34 » Post by Alexandros » 16 Jun 2012 11:45

Duh, forget option 2 then...it is practically the same than option 1, just that option 1 forces /world to be flooded with people with the deletion of the 80s' channels provoking an inmediate result. I proposed option 2 just because i thought it was limited to /world....

chickenbutt
Donor

#35 » Post by chickenbutt » 16 Jun 2012 12:48

What the balls! How you expect to have a normal conversation (the way we imagine /world to be, right?) when it's being flooded by "DPS LFG RHC" "LFM WHATEVER RAID" "LFM RHC, DPS" and stuff?! This won't turn out well...

Looking for lower level dungeons and raids should be in LFG, and Horde80s should be for forming raids and RHC groups, in my opinion.

Or you could just fix/implement the broken level 80 heroics and the 'LF RHC' system would be obsolete...
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Arnoxis

#36 » Post by Arnoxis » 16 Jun 2012 12:57

it seems to work fine in horde80s

Drago

#37 » Post by Drago » 16 Jun 2012 12:59

See?! That's exactly my point! (what chickenbutt said)
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Arnoxis

#38 » Post by Arnoxis » 16 Jun 2012 13:15

exactly because its so annoying in 80s channels that people look for rhcs and icc you just cant have a conversation and world is already full enough as it is.

Intervention
Former Staff

#39 » Post by Intervention » 16 Jun 2012 13:38

Bad argument chickenbutt. There's constant advertising and such in the 80s channel and it doesn't bother me nor anyone. It doesn't even bother lowbies as they too, join the channel.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

shadowdragon1925

#40 » Post by shadowdragon1925 » 16 Jun 2012 17:42

I voted for the elimination of the other channels, making the /world channel the main. This way is simpler and when some newcomer joins the server and logs in, he will see that the server has active population, seing that the world chat is being used by many.

Arockalypse
Donor

#41 » Post by Arockalypse » 16 Jun 2012 18:32

how about you fix this part "To stop moderating channel purpose once and for all"
at first i voted for it. and now since it seems it has another meaning that what is written i wanna skip that vote and not vote for anything but i cant
so at least fix it so players know what you really mean by it
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Rhaps

#42 » Post by Rhaps » 16 Jun 2012 18:45

i voted for the first option i think its really the best and simplest way to get the world channel going again.And it will,as many here have already said,show new players that there is life on Truewow lol.

And Arock i thought the second option was pretty obvious in what they meant..they did specify Channel PURPOSE....saying we will stop moderating for a channel purpose does not in any way seem to say to me that they could mean we will stop moderating completely lol.

Arockalypse
Donor

#43 » Post by Arockalypse » 16 Jun 2012 19:09

then i would like my vote to be ignored, and i don't wanna vote for any of the three options, ty
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Kraith
Former Staff

#44 » Post by Kraith » 17 Jun 2012 01:52

My personal opinion, but the first (and currently most popular) option is a bad idea. I was both a moderator and promoted to GM during the strict days of constant muting for /lfg, /world, & /trading. It's a bad idea to ask a few (mods) to regulate a large community into using a system that, while it may appear on paper as better and more efficient, actually creates problems and complexity. Let the community vote with their participation. Mods can't force anyone to use a certain channel and WoW wasn't designed to be that way.

Yes, I'm going to use the blizzlike argument, but it is not blizzlike to force players to not use custom channels. /80s was created to (1) escape the strict moderation of the official channels and (2) create a community of 80s. I was strongly against the decision to moderate the 80s channels, but that's now besides the point.

That's why I strongly favor option 2. I think a compromise could be to moderate /trade (the blizzlike channel) and let players decide if they want to make custom, unmoderated channels.

P.S. anyone talked recently about created a cross-faction channel? Although it isn't blizzlike, I think it could be nice just because the community is smaller. Separate topic though.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Heihachi
Developer

#45 » Post by Heihachi » 17 Jun 2012 03:19

Kraith I was talking about the cross-fraction a while ago but it was for staff purposes but that would be a good idea for world if you can set it like that