[Rejected] [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

Should the realm type be PvP so you can always get attacked by the other faction in neutral zones?

Yes change it to PvP so there is some more danger to leveling.
250
44%
Keep it PvE, however it's acceptable to convert some of the high level zones to PvP.
74
13%
No, keep it PvE so everyone can flag themselves for PvP whenever they want.
243
43%
 
Total votes: 567

User avatar
shibli09
Posts: 194
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 01:32

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#286 » Post by shibli09 » 06 Aug 2015 19:30

Lanfeare wrote:
Abcynia wrote:Obviously, this poll is skewed.

Otherwise I'd see at least 50% of the population running around flagged for PvP ... living the dream as they may say. Put your money where your mouth is ... flag up and prove that it's what you want ...
I flagged myself the moment I got out of the lowbie zones. It wasn't until over a week later that I realized that I hadn't been flagged in that time since the first logout. Your argument holds no validity because the flag system doesn't work here. What's worse is how long it tales you to figure that out if nobody tells you.
This is my biggest issue as well, I almost never remember to turn on my flag lol. Or if I do it sometimes Ill relog and forget to turn it back on

User avatar
.doctorwho

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#287 » Post by .doctorwho » 06 Aug 2015 19:42

Ragnorak wrote:
useronly wrote:Or perhaps it's then no different than the already available options of WSG/AB/AV? WPvP is entirely based on spontaneity. Organizing scrimmages, but only done in a non-instanced environment isn't WPvP per se, it's simply another event.
^ Exactly this... maybe you should get off your high horse doctorwho and tone that arrogance down a couple notches. Just a suggestion.
Arrogance?

You mean like going to a server and expecting it to change, despite there being no need or overwhelming desire for it?

Or like expecting compromises without being in a position to expect or demand them?

That sort of arrogance?

User avatar
.Abcynia
Posts: 40
Joined: 11 May 2015 20:02

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#288 » Post by .Abcynia » 06 Aug 2015 20:01

Lanfeare wrote:
Abcynia wrote:Obviously, this poll is skewed.

Otherwise I'd see at least 50% of the population running around flagged for PvP ... living the dream as they may say. Put your money where your mouth is ... flag up and prove that it's what you want ...
I flagged myself the moment I got out of the lowbie zones. It wasn't until over a week later that I realized that I hadn't been flagged in that time since the first logout. Your argument holds no validity because the flag system doesn't work here. What's worse is how long it tales you to figure that out if nobody tells you.

Yes, it holds validity even though you need to manually flag yourself and be aware that it may have been turned off.

I have read many posts on these forums that so many want to feel the danger of leveling in a PvP environment and in all my time here, I have seen ONE toon flagged that wasn't level 60.

One.

That was it.

Impress me ... show me 30 people level 20-50 flagged while leveling.
--Stella--

User avatar
shibli09
Posts: 194
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 01:32

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#289 » Post by shibli09 » 06 Aug 2015 20:09

doctorwho wrote:
Ragnorak wrote:
useronly wrote:Or perhaps it's then no different than the already available options of WSG/AB/AV? WPvP is entirely based on spontaneity. Organizing scrimmages, but only done in a non-instanced environment isn't WPvP per se, it's simply another event.
^ Exactly this... maybe you should get off your high horse doctorwho and tone that arrogance down a couple notches. Just a suggestion.
Arrogance?

You mean like going to a server and expecting it to change, despite there being no need or overwhelming desire for it?

Or like expecting compromises without being in a position to expect or demand them?

That sort of arrogance?
No, the arrogance that you assume you are in the right or that because things are in your favor now it can never go the other way regardless of how many people want it.

This server changes CONSTANTLY even Prime himself said he is open to changing the server if its what the community demanded.

Yes when HALF of the fucking community wants PvP I think its fair to say they expect to at least have discussions on some sort of compromise that will make everyone happy.

Thats the sort of arragonce we are talking about, belittling half of the population.

User avatar
Zimranf2AU

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#290 » Post by Zimranf2AU » 06 Aug 2015 20:25

So open world PvP is super important to people but they can't remember to stay flagged? Looks like Prime, et al are working on a compromise with perma-flag being set in account options but if they don't then I can write you an addon to remind you. I don't think I can write one that auto-flags because of interface restrictions but I'm certain I can write a reminder. Actually, this one might work: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/pvpermanent/. It's not for 3.3.5 but looking at the code it doesn't look like there's any sophisticated UI calls so it looks like it should work.

Edit: I guess you can set pvp via addon using http://wowwiki.wikia.com/API_SetPVP so if the addon above doesn't work then let me know and i'll rejigger it. It hooks entering world and changing target, not sure about that second hook but I guess it's as good as any and flags you if you've set the addon to. It looks OK, super simple, I'll bet it works fine. Change the .toc to 30300 if it bothers you.

User avatar
shibli09
Posts: 194
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 01:32

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#291 » Post by shibli09 » 06 Aug 2015 20:30

Abcynia wrote:
Lanfeare wrote:
Abcynia wrote:Obviously, this poll is skewed.

Otherwise I'd see at least 50% of the population running around flagged for PvP ... living the dream as they may say. Put your money where your mouth is ... flag up and prove that it's what you want ...
I flagged myself the moment I got out of the lowbie zones. It wasn't until over a week later that I realized that I hadn't been flagged in that time since the first logout. Your argument holds no validity because the flag system doesn't work here. What's worse is how long it tales you to figure that out if nobody tells you.

Yes, it holds validity even though you need to manually flag yourself and be aware that it may have been turned off.

I have read many posts on these forums that so many want to feel the danger of leveling in a PvP environment and in all my time here, I have seen ONE toon flagged that wasn't level 60.

One.

That was it.

Impress me ... show me 30 people level 20-50 flagged while leveling.
No one here is to impress you.

It does not hold validity. We are expressing to you why people are not flagged into PvP and instead of taking our actual experiences as facts, which they are, you want to write them off so that you can continue thinking you are right. Why is it so hard to believe that flags fall off and people forget to turn them back on or even turn them on in the first place?

Also what is this, show me 30 people flagged bullshit? So what if I can show you 30 people level 20-50 flagged you will agree to have the server changed? Dude, I almost never run into anyone out in the world in the first place.

User avatar
.Abcynia
Posts: 40
Joined: 11 May 2015 20:02

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#292 » Post by .Abcynia » 06 Aug 2015 20:31

Zimranf2AU wrote:So open world PvP is super important to people but they can't remember to stay flagged? Looks like Prime, et al are working on a compromise with perma-flag being set in account options but if they don't then I can write you an addon to remind you. I don't think I can write one that auto-flags because of interface restrictions but I'm certain I can write a reminder. Actually, this one might work: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/pvpermanent/. It's not for 3.3.5 but looking at the code it doesn't look like there's any sophisticated UI calls so it looks like it should work.

Edit: I guess you can set pvp via addon using http://wowwiki.wikia.com/API_SetPVP so if the addon above doesn't work then let me know and i'll rejigger it. It hooks entering world and changing target, not sure about that second hook but I guess it's as good as any and flags you if you've set the addon to. It looks OK, super simple, I'll bet it works fine. Change the .toc to 30300 if it bothers you.
Problem solved! Good work ^_^
--Stella--

User avatar
.doctorwho

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#293 » Post by .doctorwho » 06 Aug 2015 20:57

Zimranf2AU wrote:So open world PvP is super important to people but they can't remember to stay flagged? Looks like Prime, et al are working on a compromise with perma-flag being set in account options but if they don't then I can write you an addon to remind you. I don't think I can write one that auto-flags because of interface restrictions but I'm certain I can write a reminder. Actually, this one might work: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/pvpermanent/. It's not for 3.3.5 but looking at the code it doesn't look like there's any sophisticated UI calls so it looks like it should work.

Edit: I guess you can set pvp via addon using http://wowwiki.wikia.com/API_SetPVP so if the addon above doesn't work then let me know and i'll rejigger it. It hooks entering world and changing target, not sure about that second hook but I guess it's as good as any and flags you if you've set the addon to. It looks OK, super simple, I'll bet it works fine. Change the .toc to 30300 if it bothers you.
Brilliant!

User avatar
Mozx1337
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Aug 2015 22:11

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#294 » Post by Mozx1337 » 06 Aug 2015 22:40

Honestly I'm going to be playing on this server either way, however my personal preference is pvp.

I do think pve will bring certain players and pvp will bring certain players, therefore I find the idea that you get to pick pvp / pve during account creation is highly interesting.
Especially since I've never heard about such a server before.

So many different opinions, I'm sure Prime won't be able to please everyone, maybe a compromise of sorts can be reached.

User avatar
Roel
Founder
Posts: 6436
Joined: 17 May 2010 14:51
Location: Planet Earth

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#295 » Post by Roel » 06 Aug 2015 23:36

http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 32#p176432
Prime wrote:All PvE vs PvP topics have been closed and so will any new topics with the same goal. Everything worth saying was already said a dozen of times. More arguing only gives people the impression of a toxic community and does more harm than good. If you care about the server please try to learn when it's time to a drop a discussion and try to not get triggered so easily by what other people say on future discussions. Just ignore and don't reply on such posts, it only creates an immature chain reaction. I know this is an impossible request but worth it if at least one person will try.

To summarize: The realm will stay PvE. The only thing we might consider in some way is this, as it seems the best compromise that wouldn't affect anyone who doesn't agree with it. Obviously only if we can implement it in a good way and it's definitely not high priority.

P.S. Sorry for the rant. This should have been done sooner but it takes something to test my patience.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest