[Rejected] A Possible New Pvp Realm?

User avatar
.Abcynia
Posts: 40
Joined: 11 May 2015 20:02

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#46 » Post by .Abcynia » 06 Aug 2015 01:44

shibli09 wrote:
Oh man I am totally your typical retarded manchild neckbeard.

I am so hurt...

Image
Ah, you shaved. Good stuff!
--Stella--

User avatar
shibli09
Posts: 194
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 01:32

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#47 » Post by shibli09 » 06 Aug 2015 01:46

Abcynia wrote: Ah, you shaved. Good stuff!
Actually made me lol. GG

User avatar
shibli09
Posts: 194
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 01:32

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#48 » Post by shibli09 » 06 Aug 2015 01:49

xidus933 if you want to debate this topic I'd be more than happy too, I have been doing so with numerous people for days now. But none FUCKING NONE have been as rude and insulting as you.

You are truly a fucking asshole and the way you talk to other people, regardless if it is over the internet should make you rethink your fucking life.

I have no problems if you want to keep the server PvE , tell me why, give me legit reasons, make me change my mind. If you can't maybe you will change the minds of those reading. But you aren't accomplishing anything being a fucking cunt. (I never use cunt either, thats reserved for people who fucking deserve it.)

User avatar
Zimranf2AU

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#49 » Post by Zimranf2AU » 06 Aug 2015 02:40

:cross:
Last edited by CMA1121 on 06 Aug 2015 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
.Ragnorak

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#50 » Post by .Ragnorak » 06 Aug 2015 09:08

Zimranf2AU wrote:I love you all, very much. Yes, I am drukn yet again. I dtrink too much probably.
Stopped reading after this line... obvious attention whore is obvious.

User avatar
.Tomerant

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#51 » Post by .Tomerant » 06 Aug 2015 10:12

Ragnorak wrote:
Zimranf2AU wrote:I love you all, very much. Yes, I am drukn yet again. I dtrink too much probably.
Stopped reading after this line... obvious attention whore is obvious.
I'm surprised you read anything here.... I'm just scanning trough posts and find this whole topic rather pointless.

4 pages and counting... second realm won't appear now, in a month, year.... probably ever.
It took 5 years of TrueWoW to open this server/realm.
What makes you think that after few months (??, not sure how old PW is) they will open another realm on same server with less than 500 players?

How do people come up with such ideas anyway?

EDIT: Shib, you are too rude for such a lovely person on a photo. Almost made me think that some made his friend take a paper note and made a picture... /shrug. Simply to many "fuckings" in your posts. Chill out a bit... "fucking" doesn't fit your appearance. Be a lady not a street gangsta.

EDIT no.2: Before you come up with such idea, check TrueWoW forum which is basicly daddy of this server. If it's suggested there and rejected, it's almost 99% chance that same will happen here. Try to put yourself in shoes of staff members who are probably answering same questions for God knows which time already :)
I personaly admire them, especially Prime. He replies on every damn topic. I yet have to see a realm whose founder and staff are this active and helpful to their members.

User avatar
.Ragnorak

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#52 » Post by .Ragnorak » 06 Aug 2015 11:51

Tomerant wrote:
I'm surprised you read anything here...
Tbh I've pretty much given up on this server largely in part due to the community and mainly just come on the forums to tell my guild members on TrueWoW the shit being said here. On TrueWoW the only divide we have is the divide between the Horde and the Alliance. However I have never seen a more polarized community than Primal... You'd think that with all the cross faction features enabled atm this server would be more united but it might as well make custom PvE and PvP factions at this point.

This debate has degraded into childish name-calling and reiteration of the same arguments. PvE'rs claim that on the PvE vs PvP poll it should be considered a 50-50 since the people who voted for all PvP/PvE are the same while the 70 people who voted for the compromise can be split among the 2 other decisions... this assumption is erroneous because unlike the people who voted for PvE, all if not most of the people who voted for the PvP choice would settle for the compromise while the same cannot be said for the other side. So in reality the majority (not an overwhelming majority) of people on this server want some form of world pvp.

And to stay ontopic to this thread... PvE'rs have been constantly telling the PvPers to leave PrimalWoW if they wanted a PvP realm so badly for awhile now, and now seem surprised that the PvPers want to form a separate realm. They also claim that this is a bad idea because it will "split" the population... Newsflash the population is already split, and every single time you tell a person who wants this server to be PvP to join another PvP server you're essentially telling half the population to fuck off from Primal. Your arguments contradict each other since you want people who want a PvP server to leave but you also want them to stay to keep the population the way it is. The only reason why this suggestion will never come to light is because Prime/Roel and I along with a handful of other people who've stuck with this dev team along the years remember the failure of what was SynergyWoW (Never heard of it before? I'm not surprised). Prime knows that the creation of a Primal PvP server will result in one of 2 things, both servers dying out or 1 server dies while the other one survives. And if it was a fight for survival between Primal PvP and Primal PvE, the PvP server will win 9 times out of 10 simply because the harsh reality for PvE players is that PvP servers that offer the exact same thing that a PvE server offers will always be a lot more appealing to a larger crowd. And that is not a gamble worth taking especially when Primal is so stable atm.

Hopefully the PvE players realize that there needs to be some form of compromise because clearly despite how much you guys tell PvP players to leave this server, you realize that halving your population isn't worth it. There needs to be a form of peaceful coexistence and the best compromise there is is to only enable PvP in high level zones (EPL, Silithus, Blasted Lands, and Azshara). These are all high level questing zones meaning that there won't be any low levels for lvl 60s to prey upon, and even so the population in these zones are always extremely low since the levels 55-59 population is very small firsthand and second of all most of the time people are spamming RDFs so even if lvl 60s were trying to prey on this group of people, they have to search an entire zone for 1-2 people max.

Either this or just continue fighting over the same arguments without realizing that the longer this debate drags on the more it will hurt this server. The proof being that the population has in a way leveled off and that can be attributed to the fact that instead of promoting this server we spend most of our time fighting with each other. It doesn't matter what kind of unique feature/great scripting you have on the server, to a newcomers eyes when they see this gigantic divide in the community that isnt Horde vs Alliance it becomes a repellent.

EDIT: Awhile after posting this I went onto /r/wowservers and look what I found... "New Server Like PrimalWoW But It's PVP (3.3.5, Progressive, PvP Server) SUPER NEW". People are already hopping on the bandwagon that was our unique idea and are trying to cash in on it by just naming it "PrimalWoW but PvP". Can we please come to terms that we need to change and compromises need to be made.

User avatar
Sulik
Posts: 61
Joined: 12 May 2015 17:32

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#53 » Post by Sulik » 06 Aug 2015 12:37

Tomerant wrote:How do people come up with such ideas anyway?
It's easier to voice one's opinion than to contemplate it when there are no ramifications on the internet. These are not interactive discussions where anyone would learn from others, otherwise people wouldn't keep posting wall of texts or new threads of rehashed arguments thinking they hit the mother lode. The culture of right to be entitled and offended just by existing. 1 vote = 1 PVP.

User avatar
ganon2234
Posts: 5
Joined: 26 Jul 2015 14:11

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#54 » Post by ganon2234 » 06 Aug 2015 14:13

Fellow Primal enthusiast here,
I appreciate that this is PVE server, however I agree that Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands would be great choices for PVP zones. Both are critical zones for the continuation of raid progression, and are also classic PVP hot-spots. And for what it's worth, there are no unique mineral spawns in those two zones.

Silithus and EPL will not be full of raiders for at least 6-9 months. That is a great period of time to see how the community responds to a gentle change of only two zones.

User avatar
hakimers
Posts: 15
Joined: 08 Jul 2015 04:08

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#55 » Post by hakimers » 06 Aug 2015 14:25

A belive any zone with world bosses in it should be considered a potential PvP zone.

User avatar
.doctorwho

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#56 » Post by .doctorwho » 06 Aug 2015 14:55

Imagine for a moment that you're in an Italian restaurant. You're sitting there, enjoying your meal, when a couple more customers walk in. They sit down and immediately start complaining, very loudly, that the place doesn't serve Chinese food. Not only do they expect it to be served to them, they expect it to be served to everyone in the place, regardless if they want it or not.

Both the waiter and other patrons point out that the sign in front clearly states that they serve Italian food, and that there are many, many Chinese places in town to choose from. They're more than welcome to eat here, but they won't receive any special treatment or accommodations simply because they happen to like Chinese food. But that only seems to get them complaining even louder. When it becomes clear that this isn't going to work, they demand the owner build a Chinese restaurant right next door for them.

The analogy above might not be perfect, but I think it serves to illustrate what the actual problems are. One of them is that, while a great many players enjoy both aspects of the game, they don't always want them mixed. When it comes to PvP, you could say we're pro-choice. We prefer keeping control over our time rather than handing it over to random nobodies.

The other problem is the arrogance, entitlement, and complete disregard that's been shown to the owner(s) who decided it should be PvE, and players who play here specifically because it's PvE. To be blunt, the words "I'm a PvPer" mean precisely dick. They don't entitle you to anything more than any other player. They don't entitle you to compromises. They don't entitle you to having zones reserved just for you. They don't entitle you to having another server built just to appease you. You enjoy PvP? That's great. Take that and $5 down to Starbucks and get yourself a coffee.

There were a couple of good ideas floating around in these threads about how to bring about WPvP without bothering those who have no desire to participate, but I think they came too little, too late. Had those been the go to ideas from the start, rather than trying to get the entire server switched, things would probably have worked out a lot better. But the well was poisoned pretty early on, and any discussions now are likely to end in the same petty bickering we're already seeing.

User avatar
shibli09
Posts: 194
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 01:32

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#57 » Post by shibli09 » 06 Aug 2015 17:23

Tomerant wrote:
Ragnorak wrote:
Zimranf2AU wrote:I love you all, very much. Yes, I am drukn yet again. I dtrink too much probably.
Stopped reading after this line... obvious attention whore is obvious.


EDIT: Shib, you are too rude for such a lovely person on a photo. Almost made me think that some made his friend take a paper note and made a picture... /shrug. Simply to many "fuckings" in your posts. Chill out a bit... "fucking" doesn't fit your appearance. Be a lady not a street gangsta.
You clearly havent read the thread if you think Im the one who is rude, xidius or w.e his name was came on here insulting ME. Not the other way around. I'm not out here insulting anyone, I am defending myself from insults. I grew up in the ghetto side of palmdale california, just because I don't fit you view of how I should act because of my appearance you should take a look at yourself. So if I was black it would be ok to act ghetto? What if I was asian, or white, or middle eastern, or what if I wasn't attractive? This is an internet forum where I am allowed to express myself freely, the words I choose to fucking use is my own business and don't sit there high and mighty TELLING ME to conform to your views and thoughts. Dick.

EDIT: How about you post a picture of yourself? That way I can judge you as a person and determine hOW YOU SHOULD ACT. And what your personality should be. I will tell you how to act without knowing anything about you and without knowing how you grew up or any major life impacts that affect you as a person. Let's see how you fucking like it.
Last edited by Avacyns on 06 Aug 2015 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shibli09
Posts: 194
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 01:32

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#58 » Post by shibli09 » 06 Aug 2015 17:36

doctorwho wrote:Imagine for a moment that you're in an Italian restaurant. You're sitting there, enjoying your meal, when a couple more customers walk in. They sit down and immediately start complaining, very loudly, that the place doesn't serve Chinese food. Not only do they expect it to be served to them, they expect it to be served to everyone in the place, regardless if they want it or not.

Both the waiter and other patrons point out that the sign in front clearly states that they serve Italian food, and that there are many, many Chinese places in town to choose from. They're more than welcome to eat here, but they won't receive any special treatment or accommodations simply because they happen to like Chinese food. But that only seems to get them complaining even louder. When it becomes clear that this isn't going to work, they demand the owner build a Chinese restaurant right next door for them.

The analogy above might not be perfect, but I think it serves to illustrate what the actual problems are. One of them is that, while a great many players enjoy both aspects of the game, they don't always want them mixed. When it comes to PvP, you could say we're pro-choice. We prefer keeping control over our time rather than handing it over to random nobodies.

The other problem is the arrogance, entitlement, and complete disregard that's been shown to the owner(s) who decided it should be PvE, and players who play here specifically because it's PvE. To be blunt, the words "I'm a PvPer" mean precisely dick. They don't entitle you to anything more than any other player. They don't entitle you to compromises. They don't entitle you to having zones reserved just for you. They don't entitle you to having another server built just to appease you. You enjoy PvP? That's great. Take that and $5 down to Starbucks and get yourself a coffee.

There were a couple of good ideas floating around in these threads about how to bring about WPvP without bothering those who have no desire to participate, but I think they came too little, too late. Had those been the go to ideas from the start, rather than trying to get the entire server switched, things would probably have worked out a lot better. But the well was poisoned pretty early on, and any discussions now are likely to end in the same petty bickering we're already seeing.
Your analogy is way fucking off, there are so many key factors in this arguement in regards to the server that complicate it way more than how you are simply putting it. The analogy isnt "might not be perfect" its the furthest thing from it.

In regards to threads about bringing WPvP without bothering those who participate, you seem to be for it in this posts, but in my thread when I suggest the same exact thing you were nothing but a negative nancy and bashing it. I even stated to Prime that people are already fed up with the discussion and won't take any suggestion seriosly and bash on it regardless if its a good idea or not. All this I have already stated.

I'm assuming you don't read much of what I say or at least with an open mind. But I'll state it again, this server is unique, enough where people from other servers are coming to try and make it PvP because they want this server but as a PvP server. What does that say about the server itself? That its a good fucking server and a good fucking idea. People are already duplicating this server and saying its "like primal WoW but PvP". Because they understand basic economy of suply and demand. Yes we can keep it PvE and you can QQ about the PvP-ers but other admins and devs are going to make a PvP version of this server because there is a demand for it and they are going to have healthier populations and this server is going to die.

PrimalWoW is ahead of any copycat servers right now, keep it ahead by switching to WorldPvP or compromise, if not it will be the death of the server. If you want to deny it go ahead, but just mark my words when It happens, "I told you so."

User avatar
.doctorwho

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#59 » Post by .doctorwho » 06 Aug 2015 17:53

shibli09 wrote:Your analogy is way fucking off, there are so many key factors in this arguement in regards to the server that complicate it way more than how you are simply putting it. The analogy isnt "might not be perfect" its the furthest thing from it.
Nice refutation. I need to try out your "nuh uh" defense. Very convincing.
shibli09 wrote:In regards to threads about bringing WPvP without bothering those who participate, you seem to be for it in this posts, but in my thread when I suggest the same exact thing you were nothing but a negative nancy and bashing it. I even stated to Prime that people are already fed up with the discussion and won't take any suggestion seriosly and bash on it regardless if its a good idea or not. All this I have already stated.
Yes. As I said, the well was poisoned long ago. And the blame for that rests solely on the shoulders of the PvPers who were trying to get the server changed, and then wouldn't stfu about it after it was clear it wasn't going to happen.
shibli09 wrote:I'm assuming you don't read much of what I say or at least with an open mind. But I'll state it again, this server is unique, enough where people from other servers are coming to try and make it PvP because they want this server but as a PvP server. What does that say about the server itself? That its a good fucking server and a good fucking idea. People are already duplicating this server and saying its "like primal WoW but PvP". Because they understand basic economy of suply and demand. Yes we can keep it PvE and you can QQ about the PvP-ers but other admins and devs are going to make a PvP version of this server because there is a demand for it and they are going to have healthier populations and this server is going to die.



PrimalWoW is ahead of any copycat servers right now, keep it ahead by switching to WorldPvP or compromise, if not it will be the death of the server. If you want to deny it go ahead, but just mark my words when It happens, "I told you so."
I'll be sure to give your idle speculations all of the attention they deserve.

User avatar
shibli09
Posts: 194
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 01:32

Re: A Possible New Pvp Realm?

#60 » Post by shibli09 » 06 Aug 2015 18:02

doctorwho wrote:
shibli09 wrote:Your analogy is way fucking off, there are so many key factors in this arguement in regards to the server that complicate it way more than how you are simply putting it. The analogy isnt "might not be perfect" its the furthest thing from it.
Nice refutation. I need to try out your "nuh uh" defense. Very convincing.
shibli09 wrote:In regards to threads about bringing WPvP without bothering those who participate, you seem to be for it in this posts, but in my thread when I suggest the same exact thing you were nothing but a negative nancy and bashing it. I even stated to Prime that people are already fed up with the discussion and won't take any suggestion seriosly and bash on it regardless if its a good idea or not. All this I have already stated.
Yes. As I said, the well was poisoned long ago. And the blame for that rests solely on the shoulders of the PvPers who were trying to get the server changed, and then wouldn't stfu about it after it was clear it wasn't going to happen.
shibli09 wrote:I'm assuming you don't read much of what I say or at least with an open mind. But I'll state it again, this server is unique, enough where people from other servers are coming to try and make it PvP because they want this server but as a PvP server. What does that say about the server itself? That its a good fucking server and a good fucking idea. People are already duplicating this server and saying its "like primal WoW but PvP". Because they understand basic economy of suply and demand. Yes we can keep it PvE and you can QQ about the PvP-ers but other admins and devs are going to make a PvP version of this server because there is a demand for it and they are going to have healthier populations and this server is going to die.



PrimalWoW is ahead of any copycat servers right now, keep it ahead by switching to WorldPvP or compromise, if not it will be the death of the server. If you want to deny it go ahead, but just mark my words when It happens, "I told you so."
I'll be sure to give your idle speculations all of the attention they deserve.
My refutation is in the last paragraph where I state how unique this server is. Thats why your analogy doesn't work. Because you are assuming the restauraunt is just any other resturaunt.

You cannot blame only the PvP-ers. You said yourself that PvP-ers came on too strong and "poisoned" the well long ago, well the PvE-ers as YOU said are now close minded and won't even consider compromises and alternatives. PvP-ers realized they went on too strong so try to compromise but the PvE-ers won't even listen anymore and just sling shit at each other.

There is nothing wrong with giving a suggestion no matter how much you disagree with it. There is something wrong however with throwing up a middle finger to half the community and sayng fuck off when they try to come up with a compromise. PvE-ers aren't the majoirty any longer, accept it already.

Everyone's hands are fucking dirty in this, you can point your finger at PvP-ers but you got 4 more pointing right back at you.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest