Something everyone needs to watch.

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
Locked
User avatar
chickenbutt
Donor
Posts: 1586
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 17:57
Location: IKEAland
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Something everyone needs to watch.

#1 » Post by chickenbutt » 21 Dec 2015 20:27

Just wanted to share this with everyone, and I hope you all can share it with everyone you know! ^_^

[youtube]ao2GL3NAWQU[/youtube]


EDIT: PLEASE(!) watch the entire video and try to understand it before making a comment in this thread.
Last edited by chickenbutt on 23 Dec 2015 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

User avatar
Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member
Posts: 1473
Joined: 16 Jan 2013 22:33
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#2 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 21 Dec 2015 20:50

I don't know what to say about this... but ok :l
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

User avatar
Wilcox
Posts: 1589
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 13:37
Location: Kebabland
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#3 » Post by Wilcox » 21 Dec 2015 21:17

i watched this while chomping on a steakhouse burger from BK

plants aren't lifeless you know, when you rip a plant off from it's root/tree whatever, you kill it the same way you kill an animal, this may sound harsh and like I'm very cruel but at the end of the day it leads to natural selection

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#4 » Post by Etro » 21 Dec 2015 21:29

Wilcox wrote:i watched this while chomping on a steakhouse burger from BK

plants aren't lifeless you know, when you rip a plant off from it's root/tree whatever, you kill it the same way you kill an animal, this may sound harsh and like I'm very cruel but at the end of the day it leads to natural selection
The moral argument of not eating animals is based on senstiocentrism, a.k.a, "The philosophy posits that all and only sentient beings (animals that feel, including humans) have intrinsic value and moral standing; the rest of the natural world has instrumental value. Both humans and other sentient animals have rights and/or interests that must be considered". So, it is not that it is wrong because they're alive, but it is wrong because they can feel and can suffer. Plants do not feel, at least not in the "conscious" and emotional bound way of feeling that a central nervous system can provide, a system that vegetals don't have.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Dysphoria
Posts: 236
Joined: 13 Feb 2012 18:38
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#5 » Post by Dysphoria » 21 Dec 2015 21:32

Idk mon ... I love meat.
Recken Destruction

User avatar
Wilcox
Posts: 1589
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 13:37
Location: Kebabland
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#6 » Post by Wilcox » 21 Dec 2015 21:36

Etro wrote:
Wilcox wrote:i watched this while chomping on a steakhouse burger from BK

plants aren't lifeless you know, when you rip a plant off from it's root/tree whatever, you kill it the same way you kill an animal, this may sound harsh and like I'm very cruel but at the end of the day it leads to natural selection
The moral argument of not eating animals is based on senstiocentrism, a.k.a, "The philosophy posits that all and only sentient beings (animals that feel, including humans) have intrinsic value and moral standing; the rest of the natural world has instrumental value. Both humans and other sentient animals have rights and/or interests that must be considered". So, it is not that it is wrong because they're alive, but it is wrong because they can feel and can suffer. Plants do not feel, at least not in the "conscious" and emotional bound way of feeling that a central nervous system can provide, a system that vegetables don't have.
oranges have feelings too

User avatar
Longi
Posts: 767
Joined: 07 Jan 2014 11:14
Location: Cenarion Hold
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#7 » Post by Longi » 21 Dec 2015 21:41



Image



User avatar
benzviliran
Posts: 1342
Joined: 16 Mar 2013 05:46
Location: Israel (the Jewish state)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#8 » Post by benzviliran » 21 Dec 2015 22:17

dont know what about you but i dont give up my burger
I am the swarm

User avatar
Roel
Founder
Posts: 6437
Joined: 17 May 2010 14:51
Location: Planet Earth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#9 » Post by Roel » 21 Dec 2015 23:00

I respect vegans for thinking about other species instead of themselves (they aren't eating as healthy as they think they are, although healthier than most people) but this idealistic view isn't going to work. Sure it's possible to give animals a better life (bio) but it will never be as ideal as they want it to be, humans in general can't even live peaceful among their own kind. Besides they are doing harm to animals and plants in more ways than just eating them, this goes for anyone consuming electricity. Nature would actually be best off if humans go extinct or go back to the stone age. Very few would sacrifice that much for nature, we're just programmed to live a life as comfortable as we possibly can. But you may question how much it really matters in the end, a small change in history and there wouldn't even be life on this tiny planet.

/end of my philosophical BS

User avatar
Longi
Posts: 767
Joined: 07 Jan 2014 11:14
Location: Cenarion Hold
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#10 » Post by Longi » 21 Dec 2015 23:10

Image


Image



User avatar
Dysphoria
Posts: 236
Joined: 13 Feb 2012 18:38
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#11 » Post by Dysphoria » 21 Dec 2015 23:24

longi wrote:
Image
LoL

This!
Recken Destruction

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#12 » Post by Etro » 22 Dec 2015 01:28

I'm not a vegan myself (just because of lack of enough will power, tbh, but I plan to get there sooner or later), but thanks to the enviroment I work in (national statistics institute), I got the opportunity to watch closely the research that went into a report/documentary of the meat industry in my country in a national TV channel, which included veganism for sake of diversity of PoVs. I must say that it changed my mind about this subject a lot. I used to think meat was just very tasty food. Now I think it is very tasty food with consequences that are not worth it, IMO.
Roel wrote:I respect vegans for thinking about other species instead of themselves (they aren't eating as healthy as they think they are, although healthier than most people)
I don't know where you got that from, but, AFAIK, there is not much debate of how healthy a complete vegan diet is, except for 1 vitamin; B12, but then there are vitaminic suplements for those who doubt it. For vegetarianism (no meat, but yes diary), there's no debate at all.

What is somewhat accepted is that vegetarian and, specially, vegan diets can be easy to be poorly executed. But that is largely attributed to the lack of education in nutrition, primarily the essential aminoacids for humans that is required to form complete proteins (which, btw, don't need be from one food source only) and from which food sources to get them from, because not many vegetals contain these complete proteins. So a very diverse diet is necessary (which ends up being a good thing) which many might not consider "convenient" and easy to pull off, but the more veganism expands, the more products will be created for it and the easier it should become to adopt it.
Roel wrote:but this idealistic view isn't going to work. Sure it's possible to give animals a better life (bio) but it will never be as ideal as they want it to be, humans in general can't even live peaceful among their own kind. Besides they are doing harm to animals and plants in more ways than just eating them, this goes for anyone consuming electricity. Nature would actually be best off if humans go extinct or go back to the stone age. Very few would sacrifice that much for nature, we're just programmed to live a life as comfortable as we possibly can. But you may question how much it really matters in the end, a small change in history and there wouldn't even be life on this tiny planet.

/end of my philosophical BS
It is true the "ideal" will never be reached. That is utopic. But it is considered that the least animal suffering caused by human actions is done, the better. For example, enviromentaly speaking, you require more space, water, and the typical resources to grow the plant food that goes to the livestock than you do for feeding people (http://foodtank.com/news/2013/12/why-me ... -resources , http://www.europarl.europa.eu/climatech ... ummary.pdf).

About the planet being better off if humans go extinct. I agree and I think it is rather obvious. And for a touch of humor: The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. It is rather ridiculous, but not extremly ridiculous, IMO, which is kind of scary.

Props to you, Roel, for making a serious comment and not baselessly mocking the topic. Also props to chickenbutt for having the balls in bringing this subject to this kind of community (no offense).
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
BozoBog
Posts: 117
Joined: 20 Dec 2013 02:34
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#13 » Post by BozoBog » 22 Dec 2015 02:07

A thought came to my mind, lets assume humanity stops with eating animals such as pigs, chickens and cows. What will happen to those species? If farms and factories cant sell their meat, they will stop growing them, which will lead to eradication of those species, since they cant just go back to nature living on their own. So basically, care for those animals would lead to their complete extinction.
Economist- Demonology Warlock
Eco - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Prevarant - Fury/Prot Warrior
Morgoth - Frost/UH Death Knight
Anduil - Prot/Holy Paladin
Kandilo - Disc/Shadow Priest
Unsated - Restoration Shaman
Blazing - Markmanship Hunter
Hetada - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Izildur - Fire / 1112 Mage

User avatar
Longi
Posts: 767
Joined: 07 Jan 2014 11:14
Location: Cenarion Hold
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#14 » Post by Longi » 22 Dec 2015 02:27

BozoBog wrote:A thought came to my mind, lets assume humanity stops with eating animals such as pigs, chickens and cows. What will happen to those species? If farms and factories cant sell their meat, they will stop growing them, which will lead to eradication of those species, since they cant just go back to nature living on their own. So basically, care for those animals would lead to their complete extinction.
its not about humanity. You wont be a better person if you stop eating meat, you will just miss some vitamins B12, B6, D, amimal proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, iodine and some amino-acids and so on, but who cares why to get these things from animals when you can get it from synthetic food supplements


Image



User avatar
benzviliran
Posts: 1342
Joined: 16 Mar 2013 05:46
Location: Israel (the Jewish state)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Something everyone needs to watch.

#15 » Post by benzviliran » 22 Dec 2015 02:49

there are people in this world that were feeding just from pizza all their lives did you know?:O
I am the swarm

Locked
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest