Low FPS after installing new components

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Low FPS after installing new components

#1 » Post by Hansrutger » 05 Dec 2015 19:15

2 monitors
Graphical card: radeon r9 390 series (size: 8 gb, type: gddr5, clocking: 1015 MHz)
Processor: AMD Fx(tm) - 8350 Eightcore
RAM: 16 gb

I have updated drivers.

Problem: WoW is lagging, FPS lag, and has 5 FPS on fight, 30 FPS with slight spike FPS lag in Dalaran. Could someone possibly give me a hint of what is wrong? :/ I have every possible setting on low by the way.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Dysphoria

Re: Low FPS after installing new components

#2 » Post by Dysphoria » 05 Dec 2015 19:44

Did you mess around with amd overclocking. Thats good rig shouldnt be problems. Dont overclock that processor no need for that, card too... inappropriate core clock settings can cause issues.
Recken Destruction

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Hansrutger » 05 Dec 2015 19:45

I did not overclock it, I don't even know how to do it. Guessing something in the bio's. Really got no idea why this is happening.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

Justicelight
Donor

#4 » Post by Justicelight » 05 Dec 2015 19:48

Did you used silver paste?
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Hansrutger » 05 Dec 2015 19:49

Justicelight wrote:Did you used silver paste?
-.-' go D: /push away
Retired

Dysphoria

#6 » Post by Dysphoria » 05 Dec 2015 19:51

Even if isnt pc would shut down when reach certain temperature? Doubt he build it by himself :)
Recken Destruction

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Hansrutger » 05 Dec 2015 19:53

I chose the components, someone else built it. I even tested playing BF4 while having a WoW client up, WoW client is lagging but BF4 is not... It's ridiculous :/
Retired

Royo

#8 » Post by Royo » 05 Dec 2015 19:55

Hmm, what PSU are you using?

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Hansrutger » 05 Dec 2015 19:56

850 W, it should be enough.

To be more precise: supernova 850 g2
Retired

Royo

#10 » Post by Royo » 05 Dec 2015 20:00

What does your "Display" tab say on the Dxdiag info when you run the command?

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Hansrutger » 05 Dec 2015 20:04

Sorry for the Swedish:
First display:
Second display:
Retired

Fastor

#12 » Post by Fastor » 05 Dec 2015 20:25

How about, since its only WoW problem, you delete config data which remained from last Graphic card....

Also delete folders Logs and Cache while you delete file in WTF folder called config.wtf. If you dont like idea of deleting that file, open it and change

Code: Select all

SET hwDetect "0"

to

Code: Select all

SET hwDetect "1"
but l dont guarantee it will do job fully.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#13 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 05 Dec 2015 20:44

windows 10 is the problem
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Hansrutger » 05 Dec 2015 20:46

Meh nvm doesn't seem to be only WoW problem. BF4 is not running smootly either which sucks. Just a bit of it did before but then it started lagging...

Some history:
- I had old setup which was okay.
- Bought new graphic card.
- Had to buy new motherboard, processor and PSU because previous components couldn't handle the new graphic card.
- Had to install Win10 coz they didn't wanna give me back my Win7 which sucked balls.
- Here I am.

All other components except for (PUS, processor, motherboard and graphic card) are still there. Could the harddrive do some spooky things? :|

EDIT:
How do you know it's Win10?
Retired

Fastor

#15 » Post by Fastor » 05 Dec 2015 21:07

Well, W10 is notorius asshole. Multiple reasons, but my worst is that Alt+Tab is not properly let you to desktop from game.

BTW may l enter your PC later today or tomorrow please?